Consolidated NSC I-485 Tracker

Continuing on my search for answers about name check status of 7 month old I485, I was able to speak to a lady at NSC using Option 4. She told that she was not supposed to answer my question and that she had no further info. She told that since my case date was in August and they were processing June 26 cases she would not be able to take request(service). She told that i could go via infopass but it would be better if i wait another month or so.

It almost like I am banging my head against a wall. I seem to have lost hope of getting info about my Name check (even if its started).

Do you guru's suggest that i should pursue to find out if there is really some problem my case hasnt been picked up yet. ? Or better give it one more month?

My ND is close to 6 weeks after current processing date of June 26th.

thx

Requirements for filing 485...

Hello,

Can someone please tell me all the requirements for filing 485. At present my priority date is not current but I want to be prepared.

My lawyer dosen't want to tell me anything until the priority date is current... Then I think he will take another few months to get all the information and fill all the paper work.

If someone has received some kind of form that their lawyer sent before filing 485, that will help. Is medical check required before 485 is filed? Or INS sends a form after 485 is filed. What are the other requirements.

I will appreciate any help.

Regards,
mn.

Congratulations on your successful journey towards freedom. Can you let us know when your I-140 got cleared and if it was under regular or priority processing ?

Also did you do anything to expedite your case processing? It will help everybody here.

My I-140 got cleared on 2/15/07 and it was under regular processing.

Here is my info

LC State: New Jersey
PD: 06/03/2002
RIR/EB-2
Labor Certified: 6/22/2006
I-140 RD: 7/18/06 ND: 7/21/06 AD: 2/15/07
I-765 RD: 7/18/06 ND: 7/21/06 AD: 08/26/2006
I-131 RD: 7/18/06 ND: 7/21/06 AD: 09/07/2006
I-485 RD: 7/18/06 ND: 7/21/06 LUD: 8/12/06, AP 3/5/07
FP done Date: 8/11/06

To Mniwas

Hello,

Can someone please tell me all the requirements for filing 485. At present my priority date is not current but I want to be prepared.

My lawyer dosen't want to tell me anything until the priority date is current... Then I think he will take another few months to get all the information and fill all the paper work.

If someone has received some kind of form that their lawyer sent before filing 485, that will help. Is medical check required before 485 is filed? Or INS sends a form after 485 is filed. What are the other requirements.

I will appreciate any help.

Regards,
mn.

Hi,

You need to have your medical check forms ready in order to file them with your 485 petition. I had the same concerns and made sure that I had all my supporting paperwork ready so that my lawyer could act quickly and file the same week that my dates became current. Also, if you dont have a birth certificate which states both your parents names, please get started on the process to get one issued. Here is the list of docs that I sent my lawyer for my 485 filing:

Forms
I-325 4copies
I-485 form details (i just downloaded this and filled in the details for them)
I-693 in sealed envelope (medical check)
I-131 form (advance parole petition - only required if you applying for this)
I-765 form (EAD petition - only required if you applying for this)
6 Photos (2 each for AOS, AP, EAD)
Resume
Copy of I-140 approval
Copy of W-2 and tax returns for the previous 3 years
Copy of recent bank statements
Copy of current any prior H1b approvals
Copy of F1 I-20 & EAD for OPT (if you went to schools here.)
Copy of Passport
Copy of I-94 card
Copy of Marriage certificate
Copy of Birth certificate
Copy of degree and transcript
Copy of recent Paystubs
Employment letter
Company Brochure

Hope that helps!

Hi,

You need to have your medical check forms ready in order to file them with your 485 petition. I had the same concerns and made sure that I had all my supporting paperwork ready so that my lawyer could act quickly and file the same week that my dates became current. Also, if you dont have a birth certificate which states both your parents names, please get started on the process to get one issued. Here is the list of docs that I sent my lawyer for my 485 filing:

Forms
I-325 4copies
I-485 form details (i just downloaded this and filled in the details for them)
I-693 in sealed envelope (medical check)
I-131 form (advance parole petition - only required if you applying for this)
I-765 form (EAD petition - only required if you applying for this)
6 Photos (2 each for AOS, AP, EAD)
Resume
Copy of I-140 approval
Copy of W-2 and tax returns for the previous 3 years
Copy of recent bank statements
Copy of current any prior H1b approvals
Copy of F1 I-20 & EAD for OPT (if you went to schools here.)
Copy of Passport
Copy of I-94 card
Copy of Marriage certificate
Copy of Birth certificate
Copy of degree and transcript
Copy of recent Paystubs
Employment letter
Company Brochure

Hope that helps!
Good answer. I just add a littel detail:

The copy of passort should include all pages of your passport.

Regular bank statements may not work according to the bank officer. They give me a stampped bank statement letter. It took me a week to receive it by mail.

Another tweak.
Biometric pages of Passport should be color copies
I also sent a color copy of Drivers License

All other pages of passport can be non color copies.

Good answer. I just add a littel detail:

The copy of passort should include all pages of your passport.

Regular bank statements may not work according to the bank officer. They give me a stampped bank statement letter. It took me a week to receive it by mail.

Last edited by a moderator:
color copies ?!

It is illegal to take color copies of passport, driver license and other immigration documents.
I don't think I-485 application needs color copies.

I was asked for this from immigration lawyer of my employer. These were sent for 485 filing. I do recall some RFE on 485 on these boards asking for these.

It is illegal to take color copies of passport, driver license and other immigration documents.
I don't think I-485 application needs color copies.

Last edited by a moderator:
Another tweak.
Biometric pages of Passport should be color copies
I also sent a color copy of Drivers License

All other pages of passport can be non color copies.

You're right - sorry i missed that one, I actually got an RFE on my EAD and AP apps for not sending a color copy for the pages with my picture on it. Prince123, there are specs for what is and is not considered legal when copying confidential docs like the passport. It varied from doc to doc but for the passport, color copies need to be 1.5 times the original size.

Approved!!

I havent received any e-mails but, I got information from the Immigration officer that my case has been approved on March 06 th 2007. I dont know the reason for not receiving the e-mails but, I got confrimation 3 times from three different officers after calling them they indicated that my case had been approved. NO LUDS no e-mails no status change yet but, they say it is approved.

Regards

Congrats LabNotez

Hey congrats....I am in the same boat, Spoke to a NSC officer she said that my case is awaiting assignment to officer and it has been like this for past thre weeks. Dont know what is happening...My RD and PD are similar to yours...MY NC cleared in first week of Feb....Keep us updated...When did you speak with immigration officer?? Are there any LUDS on the case?

leo

You're right - sorry i missed that one, I actually got an RFE on my EAD and AP apps for not sending a color copy for the pages with my picture on it. Prince123, there are specs for what is and is not considered legal when copying confidential docs like the passport. It varied from doc to doc but for the passport, color copies need to be 1.5 times the original size.

?! Interesting. May be it varies with service center ? I didn't give any color copy. But my EAD & AP were approved within 15 days of filing.

Hey congrats....I am in the same boat, Spoke to a NSC officer she said that my case is awaiting assignment to officer and it has been like this for past thre weeks. Dont know what is happening...My RD and PD are similar to yours...MY NC cleared in first week of Feb....Keep us updated...When did you speak with immigration officer?? Are there any LUDS on the case?

leo

so ur NC got cleared by itself or u contacted someone to help in clearing it?

I havent received any e-mails but, I got information from the Immigration officer that my case has been approved on March 06 th 2007. I dont know the reason for not receiving the e-mails but, I got confrimation 3 times from three different officers after calling them they indicated that my case had been approved. NO LUDS no e-mails no status change yet but, they say it is approved.

Regards

congrats,
was ur namecheck stuck for a long time? if so, do u have any idea when it was cleared?

?! Interesting. May be it varies with service center ? I didn't give any color copy. But my EAD & AP were approved within 15 days of filing.

I also did receive RFE for color copies of my passport for AP adn EAD. Once I submitted my color copies, EAD and AP got approved in 20 days.

Yeah, i've stopped assuming anything about the nebraska uscis. I thought my RFE was pretty lame considering that I had sent clean b&w copies as well as passport size pics anyway.. but then again, they ain't known for being the brightest bulbs out there! ;)

Can someboby share experience for NYC infopass appt?

I went for an Infopass appt in NYC this morning. The officer refused to provide any Name Check status info. He just told me I need to wait for about a year?

Is this normal or I just run into a bad person? Anybody with similar experience? Thanks.

I went for an Infopass appt in NYC this morning. The officer refused to provide any Name Check status info. He just told me I need to wait for about a year?

Is this normal or I just run into a bad person? Anybody with similar experience? Thanks.

Maybe I'm just being a bit thick, but why even bother setting up an Infopass regarding namecheck at this early stage in the game? Your I-485 was only filed 4 or 5 months ago. It seems to me that the minimum reasonable timeframe, assuming a clean namecheck, is about 6 or 7 months. Plus there's not much you can do about a namecheck anyway. Am I missing something?