Consolidated NSC I-485 Tracker

I have almost the same LUDs as you have, but I did not make any inquiry. However my case was recently transferred from CSC to NSC.

PD : Oct 01
485 RD : Dec 03
EB3 / India / Own labor

I got another lud today in the afternoon, i do not know if the inquiry i did on monday has something to do with that LUd or is just a normal lud that they are checking my case, Anyone had a Lud after inquiring around here?

Congrats bcktnd

I guess you got it right in time....Hopefully ours will follow your approval.....I had called NSC on Feb 20th and they said my NC has cleared around 2nd week of FEB(Dont know if I can believe them). She said my application was in process.....Well I know today the NSC will be pretty much closed because of storm so cant realy expect anything....Do you gurus know if suppose NC is cleared how many days does it take for NSC to process application? I read somewhere it is usually about 2 weeks but that has not happened in my case. I have also applied for second EAD recently. I am sure there are some gazillion security checks before my 485 is approved.....

my details
EB2, Retro
PD:June 02
485 RD: 04/19/06 RFE replied around October end
140 AP: somewhere in August 06.....
2nd EAD RD: feb 02 07

leo

contacting NSC

leo09,

Can you please let me know the number and options that I need to choose to reach NSC. Really appreciate that.

- rspr

I guess you got it right in time....Hopefully ours will follow your approval.....I had called NSC on Feb 20th and they said my NC has cleared around 2nd week of FEB(Dont know if I can believe them). She said my application was in process.....Well I know today the NSC will be pretty much closed because of storm so cant realy expect anything....Do you gurus know if suppose NC is cleared how many days does it take for NSC to process application? I read somewhere it is usually about 2 weeks but that has not happened in my case. I have also applied for second EAD recently. I am sure there are some gazillion security checks before my 485 is approved.....

my details
EB2, Retro

leo

You should give 4 to 10 weeks if your namecheck cleared.
With NC cleared and PD current you are at the exit gate.

my details
EB2, Retro

leo

To contact NSC

Just go a few posts back and you will find a way to contact NSC. I have bookmarked it on my home computer...give a search on the forum and you will get it.

loe..pls

leo, can u kindly post the details /book mark later from you home computer to contact nSC, I spent some time and couldnot locate it.

TIA

Disclaimer on USCIS processing date?

New disclaimer on USCIS website processing date

https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/jsps/Processtimes.jsp?SeviceCenter=CSC

Meaning: If Service centers are processing case older than 6 month and not meeting their SLAs then they will post actual processing date: For example if they are posting processing dates on March 20, 2007 AND they are processing cases of Date: March 20, 2006 then they will post date as March 20, 2006, However if USCIS is processing cases received withing 6 Month SLA in that situation they will post a processing date of 6 month as that meets their SLA instead of posting a date early than 6 month: For example if they are posting dates on March 20, 2007 and they are processing cases of December 20, 2006 then they will post a date of SEPTEMBER 21, 2006, as this will be within 6 month SLA and that is what they care - to Meet SLA. If processing dates are withing 6 month then they will not post actual processing date but a 6 month date.

KGP

iak,
I did read how it is a good idea to stay in a position for at least 6 more months. I will probably read up a bit more on post-I-485 forums ...
However, I was more concerned about being laid off and I believe if you are laid off immediatelly after approval you are still golden :cool: . So from that point of view this is freedom. I'll stay another 6 months even for a year if they want me but I feel much less pressure now for sure.

To all the others: thanks for the congrats and nice wishes.
I wish everybody still in the queue a speedy approval and all the best!

See you maybe on post CG forums.
congrats, well freedom is still a year away, one can not change emloyer atleast for a year, right

Hi Madhukar73,
Well, I knew this using three different sources:
1) I had in Infopass on 12/11/06. I was told that my NC is pending
2) I called NSC on 1/17/07, I was then told the same story
3) I initiated a service inquiry on 1/22 and I got a canned letter dated 1/30 that my background check is still open.
Other sources: you could ask your congressman or senator and they will give the same information.
Good luck!

Thanks a ton, i have some more questions

1) can I schedule Infopass appt even before 6 months of processing and even if my date is after the latest published processing date? Its seems Yes is answer for both. pls confirm

2) How to contact NSC? what number to call? I have searched a lot in this forum and couldnt find the contact details as specified by Leo. pls help. I did find a very old 2005 post which has 202 number of FBI. I called and they said they have stopped the service.

3) How can i initiate a enquiry? do i really need to ? will it enrage anyone?

4 ) My case is pending for close to 7 (ND 08/08) months now . Can i start enquiry even if the Processing date shows June 26?

Thanks and good luck to all

iak,
I did read how it is a good idea to stay in a position for at least 6 more months. I will probably read up a bit more on post-I-485 forums ...
However, I was more concerned about being laid off and I believe if you are laid off immediatelly after approval you are still golden :cool: . So from that point of view this is freedom. I'll stay another 6 months even for a year if they want me but I feel much less pressure now for sure.

I guess , using Portability you can even change if your 140 is approved and 485 is pending for more than 180 days. So where's is the question of changing after GC?

I guess its all upon your employer and your relations with them. If they wanna mess it up and have time to go after you, things could messed up. This is my personal view. I also feel that its always good to stay till few weeks after GC. Little more wont hurt much.

PP I-140 approved and LUD of I-485

Hi all,

I'm new here. I received 3 emails stating my I-140 got approved on 2/27/2007, and the same day my lawyer emailed me my case #s for I-485, AP, and EAD. So, I checked online of all cases; all have LUD 2/27/2007! Well, my I-140 got a new LUD on 2/28/2007, and others stay the same. When will I get my FP notice? I will have to travel in April...

---------------
RIR LC: July 2003; AD: December 2006
I-140: RD: 2/21/2007; AD: 2/27/2007 (per email and online status)
I-485: RD: 2/21/2007; LUD: 2/27/2007
AP: RD: 2/21/2007; LUD: 2/27/2007
EAD: RD: 2/21/2007; LUD: 2/27/2007

Last edited by a moderator:
bcktcnd

iak,

I agree , I have done research if employer fires you its not your fault, and you are good, although it will not be easy for them to cancell your green card if you did not stay with empoyer, law states intent and intent is verified by approval of I-485 and six months rule is not mentioned any where and these are few lawyers guess, and trust in my bumpy ride for green card these big name attorney could not answer many basic questions properly, so if one has to leave an employer I dont think it should be an issue

Last edited by a moderator:

Received 3 welcome notices ,USCIS is funny you wait for one and they send you three GENEROUS lol

Congrats!

Hi bcktcnd,

Congratulations!! You have been very anxiously waiting for this for the past few months. On Feb 20th, I think you were the one to post the NSC updated processing dates and I-485 dates went back. Now in about a week after that you have your approval. That is really good. We are going to miss you here. Anyways if you get a chance let us know how celebrated your freedom.

It feels nice to read these kind of approval e-mails.

All right Take Care.
Freedom (liberty, autonomy, lack of restrictions, self-determination, independence, choice, free will, sovereignty ... thank you MSFT Outlook Thesaurus :) )!

Thank you all on this forum for extremely useful information and support!!
I wish all of you, who are still waiting, a quick approval!!!

Bellow is the mail that I just received (3 for myself and 3 for my wife):
*** DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS E-MAIL ***

The last processing action taken on your case

Receipt Number: LIN062735****

Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident.

On February 28, 2007, we mailed you a notice that we had registered this customer's new permanent resident status. Please follow any instructions on the notice. Your new permanent resident card should be mailed within 60 days following this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later. If you move before you get your new card call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision from USCIS within the current processing time listed*, please contact USCIS Customer Service at (800) 375-5283.

*Current processing times can be found on the USCIS website at www.uscis.gov under Case Status & Processing Dates.
*** Please do not respond to this e-mail message.

Sincerely,

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)

Dear Friends,

It has been a long road to this day.

I began making friends on this forum since 2003 when I finally realized that my green card would take a long time to obtain.

After having to endure the DOL monthly updates and the dreaded, now processing: "April 2001" for what seemed forever - in fact it was forever. To almost reaching the front of the line at NY SWA, only to be derailed by the creation of the Backlog Centers.

After watching the backlog centers and having spent countless hours trying to figure out what they were doing...after waiting almost another two years...I was greeted with a notice of closure. Another ordeal in the green card saga. Thankfully, I made it through.

As insane as it may sound, I am thankful that USCIS swiftly approved my I-140 last week and my I-485 this week. Yes, I know, we have been trained well, we have been trained to be greatful for getting a quick approval in just 7 months.

It has been a long ride but it has been a good experience, getting the chance to interact with so many of you, through posts and some even via phone...

I consider all of you friends. mvinays, GreenCard2010, MDWatch, others. I wish you the best and a green card approval in the near future.

I have spent countless time on these forums, learning and trying to help. It's bitter-sweet. I look forward to a life where the green card is something I carry in my wallet and not something that consumes me. But I will miss you guys (and gals).

I won't disappear just yet, but I hope you will understand that it is time to look to the future.

Thank you God, for giving me the strength to wait, for good friends and a green card.

Good luck to all.

JustWatching

CONGRATS!!

joining NSC -tracker,anybody updating the tracker?

NSC-EB2 filled using Cross-chargibility Rule
140/485/AP/EAD---RD 01/22/07
140/485/AP/EAD---ND 01/25/07
AP - ??
EAD - ??
485 - Last LUD - 02/15
140 - AD - 01/30/07 --(via premium)

Hi All --
Have been visiting the site for a while now, but was not being able to post due to some firewall issues.

Please update Tracker

peding background check

My case shows that there is a background check going on in my case. Do you know how long will it take

PD - EB2/RIR/NY/Jul 02
LC Approved - march 31 2006
i-140 RD - 26 MAy 2006, Approved 19 dec 2006
i-485 RD - 26 May 2006 (Concurrent) , Still showing background check going on.