Consolidated NSC I-485 Tracker

Hello Gurus,

I have FP appointment for I-485 in the second week of Feb. I wanted to know if I can ask the status of my name check at the time of biometrics appointment? Would the same office be responsible for biometrics and name check or is it totally different department and I have to take the INFO pass appointment to find out about the name check?

Your help is appreciated!

Although ASC can see your case number, they do not open details screens when taking fingerprints. They may not have access to details at all. However, **try** asking them, it will be very interesting to know how much info their screens would show once/if you convince them to open those details.

dreamer_ny said:
Hello Gurus,

I have FP appointment for I-485 in the second week of Feb. I wanted to know if I can ask the status of my name check at the time of biometrics appointment? Would the same office be responsible for biometrics and name check or is it totally different department and I have to take the INFO pass appointment to find out about the name check?

Your help is appreciated!

is there intra week patern on i485 approvalas?

There was a mini surge in reported approvals toward the end of the week last week. I also noticed it before that Thursday and Friday seemed somwahat more fruitful? Do you guys notice the same patern?

Also, immigration watch stopped publishing daily view of i485 few weeks ago. They were good for "amateur trend watchers" thouhg it was not clear to me how they got the info?
http://www.immigrationwatch.com/uscis-most-recent-approvals.html

bcktcnd said:
There was a mini surge in reported approvals toward the end of the week last week. I also noticed it before that Thursday and Friday seemed somwahat more fruitful? Do you guys notice the same patern?

Also, immigration watch stopped publishing daily view of i485 few weeks ago. They were good for "amateur trend watchers" thouhg it was not clear to me how they got the info?
http://www.immigrationwatch.com/uscis-most-recent-approvals.html

I think immigrationwatch uses scripts to run status checks via the USCIS web to get their results.

The issue I see with their method is the can't distinguish between I-485 types (employer based vs other)

Still not clear to me ... :eek: ... Script or no script they need to go over the individual accounts? So people have to sign up and provide them access to their cases?
I did not see a way to get any info on anybodyelses' case at the USCIS site.
JustWatching said:
I think immigrationwatch uses scripts to run status checks via the USCIS web to get their results.

The issue I see with their method is the can't distinguish between I-485 types (employer based vs other)

You can easily guess random account numbers for any given notice date. After that all you have to do is watch how the status changes from week to week. You would need to run such a service for a while before statistics will become meaningful.

Did anyone research legality of such an automated application? I could easily write one myself, but I'm afraid that running a robot querying data for someone else's cases would go against their site use policy and can be prosecuted as a trespassing to private/governmental property.

bcktcnd said:
Still not clear to me ... :eek: ... Script or no script they need to go over the individual accounts? So people have to sign up and provide them access to their cases?

bcktcnd said:

If you have a case number (which can be easily derived) you can check anybody's case. You just have to go to the USCIS website, on the left hand side you click on "Case Status Search" and enter the case, you don't even need to sign in.

The script enters the number and then scrapes the data off the screen results.

igor_ch said:
You can easily guess random account numbers for any given notice date. After that all you have to do is watch how the status changes from week to week. You would need to run such a service for a while before statistics will become meaningful.

Did anyone research legality of such an automated application? I could easily write one myself, but I'm afraid that running a robot querying data for someone else's cases would go against their site use policy and can be prosecuted as a trespassing to private/governmental property.

I have a copy of the script that does this. According to their use policy you are not allowed to do this. There is also a limit of 200 queries per day per IP address.

I would suggest we do not use these tools.

I made that question there

Hello guys i made exactly that question like a month ago to the administrator of that site, and the answer is that they report cases because they share data with other webmaster not directly with uscis, so some webmaster have info of some clients,they share them. It is not official. I always go there but lately i have not seen I-485s approved in their sites is when i started questioning, so the best place is here and trackitt but we can not take credits from imm watch neither. Anyone who informs us is more than welcome i guess.

Got it now. Thanks. I wasn't exploring around the site at all, I pressumed that you need to sign up to see the status (I guess that is something they should have done if they cared about privacy etc. my intuition does not work when dealing with these government agencies ;) ). I actually manually went over bunch of cases around mine. 1485 are few and far (1 out of 20 roughly - this is totaly ad hoc, margin of error infinity ...) there was one guy/gal who applied on the same day and got approved on Nov 17.

Igor, they do not have any wornings or anything on the site itself but wheter there is a general policy I dont know. The immigration watch people are getting away with it. They may be out of the country though.
JustWatching said:
If you have a case number (which can be easily derived) you can check anybody's case. You just have to go to the USCIS website, on the left hand side you click on "Case Status Search" and enter the case, you don't even need to sign in.

The script enters the number and then scrapes the data off the screen results.

This makes sense. THey were showing only 30-50 i485 approvals per day at NSC. At that rate they would arrive at bellow 15K approvals per year. So the sample that immigration watch used must have been limited.
Miamivice4u said:
Hello guys i made exactly that question like a month ago to the administrator of that site, and the answer is that they report cases because they share data with other webmaster not directly with uscis, so some webmaster have info of some clients,they share them. It is not official. I always go there but lately i have not seen I-485s approved in their sites is when i started questioning, so the best place is here and trackitt but we can not take credits from imm watch neither. Anyone who informs us is more than welcome i guess.

I-485 Approved!

Great news! I just checked the online status of my case and my I-485 was approved today 1/25/07! I would like to extend my heartfelt thanks to everybody who has contributed to this forum. My nerves have been frayed for the last few years and it was comforting to have people to discuss my situation with who were in same boat.

Best of luck to all and I will see you in the Life After Green Card forum!

Congratulations!

I hope that they're processing a bunch of cases, whose namechecks were stuck for 7 months (assuming it's not country-based). I saw another approval recently for middle of May, which somehow makes me hope that we should see more May's approvals soon...

dc4opera said:
Great news! I just checked the online status of my case and my I-485 was approved today 1/25/07! I would like to extend my heartfelt thanks to everybody who has contributed to this forum. My nerves have been frayed for the last few years and it was comforting to have people to discuss my situation with who were in same boat.

Good luck and congratulations !!!
My date is little earlier than your.... hope mine will cleared very soon.
could please tell me about your NC, Did you know when it cleared.

Thanks

Best of luck! Enjoy the freedom.

Btw, what was your category: EB2?
dc4opera said:

dc4opera said:

Congrats! That gives us all hope.

Sorry, I don't know exactly when my name check got cleared. To be honest with you, I was planning to make an Infopass apointment next week to find out what the status was.

Congratulations

dc4opera said:

Congratulations. I have been following on your steps in terms of LUDs and approvals so far. Hopefully, I will get my case done soon...
Did you also receive e-mail or was it only online status updated?

myI-485 track

HI
User name yy13

EB-1 / EB-2 / EB-3 EB2

I-485/I765/I131 march 3, 2006

Finger Print Notice Date never got any notice, unitl after 11 month of waiting made an Infopass appointment, spoke to an officer, and got fingerprinting done on Jan 19, 2006

EAD extension December 31, 2006

I-485 Approval Date pending