I-485 NEBRASKA SERVICE CENTER TRACKER

rf_engineer_NY - added
maverick534 - updated
gmr - added
bigbang2001 - added
eb1_nsc - updated (APPROVED!)
gc@last - added (APPROVED!)
nelsona - added

This will be a consolidated NEBRASKA SERVICE CENTER TRACKER. Post if you have filed I-485

in Nebraska regardless of date.

I will update the tracker every few days. Please do not update the tracker as

this causes version control issues.

Please post the following information:

User name
Priority Date
Retrogressed (Y/N)
Country
EB-1 / EB-2 / EB-3
I-140 Receipt Date
I-140 Approval Date
I-485 Receipt Date
LIN number (LIN-YYDDD-XXXXX)
Finger Print Notice Date
Finger Print Appointment Date
I-485 Approval Date

Please note that this is NOT meant to be a I-140 tracker. Visit the I-140 Nebraska

section for a comprehensive I-140 tracker. I am however capturing this information here

since it is likely there is some relationship between I-140 approval and I-485.

For those of you that came from BEC and got to use that tracker, I think it was useful for

all of us. Now please help build this tracker.

I will add reports once we collect enough records to make them useful.

Yes, I know trackitt.com exists and its great, etc., etc. I invite you to post

there as well. Keeping a tracker here allows us to track and discuss as well.

Thank you everyone.

JustWatching

I found some interesting info on how FBI processes name check requests. It's a bit outdated (2 years old) and is somewhat US-Visa-oriented, but still gives insight into what happens inside the black box:

http://www.fbi.gov/congress/congress04/garrity022504.htm
http://www.fbi.gov/congress/congress03/garrity071003.htm

Of a particular interest are the terms of hit and ident. Shipping of the physical cases explains some of the delays, as well as the sole priority of US-Visa requests. They mention that they actually have a system that can track any individual request and its status. I could see that my case could easily generate a hit since I was helping one of my friends talk to the FBI a couple of years back... beware.

I-131 approved

Got the email this morning. Document other than card produced and mailed on 1/18/2007 based on earlier approval, was the message. I hope I get it in mail soon.

2 down, 1 (most important one) to go

Also...

I called USCIS yesterday. Didn't get any other info regarding my case. She couldn't tell me if my name check is cleared. Question: I haven't received any RFE's, are those related to namechecks? (if you are stuck in namecheck, you get an RFE, then you have to reply....). I've been taking it as a good sign. Who would RFE's come to anyway? Me (via mail) or lawyer?

thanks guys

Tracker Update

Please update tracker with my info:

rex70
Priority Date 06/19/2002
Retrogressed: Yes
Other Countries
EB-3
I-140 RD 08/29/2005
I-140 AD 02/10/2006
I-485 RD 12/4/2006
LIN-07046-XXXXX)
Finger Print ND 1/16/2007
Finger Print Appointment Date 1/23/2007
I-485 Approval Date ??

igor_ch said:
I found some interesting info on how FBI processes name check requests. It's a bit outdated (2 years old) and is somewhat US-Visa-oriented, but still gives insight into what happens inside the black box:

http://www.fbi.gov/congress/congress04/garrity022504.htm
http://www.fbi.gov/congress/congress03/garrity071003.htm

Of a particular interest are the terms of hit and ident. Shipping of the physical cases explains some of the delays, as well as the sole priority of US-Visa requests. They mention that they actually have a system that can track any individual request and its status. I could see that my case could easily generate a hit since I was helping one of my friends talk to the FBI a couple of years back... beware.

I don't know whether I'm really dumb enuf to believe the stats or it is real data? Can FBI query the database for all 'permanent' visa requests and provide the same stats? FBI check for a student visa and GC are just not the same, they cannot be the same because of the freedom a GC holder gets compared to a regular visa. We all know that the check for student/H1/L1 type visas are really fast - we have this premium processing facility for those types. I don't want to believe that 88% per of the permanent visa requests are done in two weeks.

The text does not elaborate on GC vs. USVisa background checks; however, some points were suggesting that the process should be fairly similar in both cases (extensive name search, hit-vs-ident, file shipping, manual file checks, etc). As to the processing time, it seems that USVisa is much faster simply because of the highest priority, not because they do less work... USCIS immigration-related requests should be of the lowest priority over there. Yes, it's likely that FBI's NNCP can generate similar stats for immiration-related requests, but they won't, to avoid bad publicity.

KGCM said:
I don't know whether I'm really dumb enuf to believe the stats or it is real data? Can FBI query the database for all 'permanent' visa requests and provide the same stats? FBI check for a student visa and GC are just not the same, they cannot be the same because of the freedom a GC holder gets compared to a regular visa. We all know that the check for student/H1/L1 type visas are really fast - we have this premium processing facility for those types. I don't want to believe that 88% per of the permanent visa requests are done in two weeks.

the RFE goes to the lawyer.

But i do not think there is any relation between the RFE and NC.

zgubi said:
I called USCIS yesterday. Didn't get any other info regarding my case. She couldn't tell me if my name check is cleared. Question: I haven't received any RFE's, are those related to namechecks? (if you are stuck in namecheck, you get an RFE, then you have to reply....). I've been taking it as a good sign. Who would RFE's come to anyway? Me (via mail) or lawyer?

thanks guys

What about fingerprinting and Namecheck? Only once you do fingerprinting, they send it to FBI along with your name and request a namecheck?

GreenCard2010 said:
the RFE goes to the lawyer.

But i do not think there is any relation between the RFE and NC.

LUD on 485

Guys,

I saw a LUD on my 485 today. The message is same as earlier..What does that mean.?? Is my name check cleared ?? I had an infopass appointment y'day...Will the LUD comes even if we go to Info pass. Can some one throw lite on this.

SN

I haven't had LUD after Infopass. What did they tell you about NC there? If they told you that you were not stuck, I'd say this LUD may as well mean imminent approval according to your dates. It is really impossible to tell. Best of luck! Looks like you are really close. Btw, did you check online at USCIS or you got an email. Iam wondering about the lag between the LUD change and email. I am becoming opsesssed with this thing, need to lighten up :rolleyes:
SN4GC said:
Guys,

I saw a LUD on my 485 today. The message is same as earlier..What does that mean.?? Is my name check cleared ?? I had an infopass appointment y'day...Will the LUD comes even if we go to Info pass. Can some one throw lite on this.

SN

Last edited by a moderator:
Get 'Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident'

Got the mail this evening. See my details in the signature.

This forum was very helpful and i wish everybody happy ending soon.

LC applied :Nov 2001.from MD
Category :EB2, Non-retrogressed country.
LC Approved: Mid 2006
I-140/485 concurent applied:August 02, 2006
I-140: approved on: 4 weeks after filinf and converting to PP
I-485: Approval notice received on 01/19/07

As per the Infopass my (and my wife's) Name check is not cleared. I checked my status online today and the saw the LUD on both cases.

SN

bcktcnd said:
I haven't had LUD after Infopass. What did they tell you about NC there? If they told you that you were not stuck, I'd say this LUD may as well mean imminent approval according to your dates. It is really impossible to tell. Best of luck! Looks like you are really close. Btw, did you check online at USCIS or you got an email. Iam wondering about the lag between the LUD change and email. I am becoming opsesssed with this thing, need to lighten up :rolleyes:

Congrats! Enjoy the freedom.

There is definitelly some sort of acceleration happening at NSC. This is anecdotal and not much statistically significant evindence but mini surge in approvals reported here and on trackitt.com suggest that way. Hope they keep this up. If they reduce the backlog at NSC I have feeling the NC picture will improve too. They are sandbagging us a bit and shifting blame now. When one backlog is hopefully down (NSC) the pressure will be at FBI to deliver.
mrcMD said:

Opened a service request

Hi green_ocean,

Thanks for the advise: I've just called them and a nice lady opened a service request for me. Unfortunately, she was not able to provide me with any additional info about my case although I had asked her about name check. Let's see: in the worst case I'll have to call them again in 45 days.

green ocean said:
That is correct. But I still tried, since I had nothing to loose. I mentioned to the lady that I wanted to initiate a service request and she agreed and started that for me.

I would advise you give it a try. Call USCIS at 1-800-375-5283; then press 1-2-2-6-1; then enter your LIN number followed by 1 for correct; then press 3-3-1 and hopefully you'll hit another nice lady/man. Let me know how it goes.

mrcMD said:

congratulation!

Got Approval mail this morning.

Current Status: Approval notice sent.

On January 18, 2007, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service.

RFE response was received on Dec 29. But when I called on Jan18, I was told that it was with an officer since Jan 17, but my name check was still pending. But in Dec I was told name check cleared for me and spouse. Spouse got approval on Dec 7.

So we are finally at the end of the GC journey after 7 long years....

this is great news, did you guys get any LUD on between DEC 29 and today?

Best luck for you and family.

gc_rush said:
Got Approval mail this morning.

Current Status: Approval notice sent.

On January 18, 2007, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service.

RFE response was received on Dec 29. But when I called on Jan18, I was told that it was with an officer since Jan 17, but my name check was still pending. But in Dec I was told name check cleared for me and spouse. Spouse got approval on Dec 7.

So we are finally at the end of the GC journey after 7 long years....

Got LUD on Jan1 and Jan3. But I think a lot of folks had LUDs on those days.

It was approved on Jan 18 and no LUDs between then and today. Only after getting message, the LUD changed. So things happen without LUD change I guess.

GreenCard2010 said:
this is great news, did you guys get any LUD on between DEC 29 and today?

Best luck for you and family.

USCIS Call Center experience

Today I called their call center and I have to say --- their system is _totally_ pathetic. The only good part was that I knew which numbers to press and did not have to listen to their lengthy messages (which probably have "force people to hang up" as their main goal), thanks to those who posted sequences in this forum!

So, I got connected to lady #1: she took my data, spent several minutes "researching" some info, and then told me what I knew already - that my case is employment-based I-485, received on May 24, 2006. She told me that they **DO NOT** have access to the case status details, such as whether namecheck is still pending. She did not have a clue about what preadjudication could mean. She confirmed that my case was outside of processing dates and offered to transfer to an immigration officer, I agreed.

Immigration officer, lady #2: Took my data again, including all the details to verify my identity. Repeated everything that lady #1 told me, also telling that they cannot see namecheck or preadjudication status. Then she "sent a message to the Service Center". The Service Center is to explain the delay by sending a written follow-up letter within a month or so.

That's it. Lessons learned:
1. The system is totally lame - both tier 1 and 2 of their support organization do not have any data available (whether on purpose or because of infrastructure/software limitations), and so cannot answer questions
2. They can send a message to the Service Center if you're outside of the processing time *and* have not heard from them within last 60 days

green ocean said:
That is correct. But I still tried, since I had nothing to loose. I mentioned to the lady that I wanted to initiate a service request and she agreed and started that for me.

I would advise you give it a try. Call USCIS at 1-800-375-5283; then press 1-2-2-6-1; then enter your LIN number followed by 1 for correct; then press 3-3-1 and hopefully you'll hit another nice lady/man. Let me know how it goes.