Consolidated NSC I-485 Tracker

FP Requirments?

I have my FP scheduled tomorrow. do i need to take anything else beside passport and notice? any documents?

adjust20 said:
I have my FP scheduled tomorrow. do i need to take anything else beside passport and notice? any documents?

Take just your original notice, picture ID (lic or passport)..thats it. it was pretty cool. you should done in 20-25 minutes. in downtown nyc it took me only 10 mins.

FP experience

I completed my FP today morning. This was at a App Support Center (ASC) in Wheaton, MD.

I just thought of sharing my experience. It took around 10 minutes only. I had my appointment at 8:00 AM. I went 20 minutes early and close to 8:00 AM there was a big line. It took me less time as I was the first in line. After getting inside they gave another number and a paper to fill out info. I used Drivers License as my ID. They scanned the bar-code on the FP notice and all my case info showed up on the screen. In that it said, "required to caputre right index finger". I don't know if its the same for everybody or different randomly. They did both hands, then fingers one at a time and finally one last time they took the right index finger. This was followed by a signature and they took a picture.

The technician stamped the FP notice with the date etc and gave me as a proof to keep that my FP is done.

I hope this helps.

When should I expect to recieve the recept number for my I-485?
They sent it 11/22 by fedx to NSC..

Thanks all,

Is it 11/22?

If it is 11/22, you should have definitely received the recipt notice already. I feel more than a month is unusual. Try calling the national customer service and see if they can help you.

HA-1 said:
When should I expect to recieve the recept number for my I-485?
They sent it 11/22 by fedx to NSC..

Thanks all,

Calling and checking out will not hurt but I would not be too alarmed.
My 485 was fedexed on 8/30/06 (RD 8/31). I received notice in October (not remebering the exact date but it was around Oct 10 with notice date 09/26/06. So it was more then a month.
Those people at NSC are just very inneficient, lazy and the whole process is an excercise in humiliation. Welcome ;)

Why new LUD after I-140 approval?

Does anybody knows why NSC keeps updating the approved I-140?

My I-140 was approved on 12/14/06, and I got LUD on 12/15/06, 12/18/06 and 12/27/06 on my I-140.

In the meantime, the I-485 doesn't have any new LUD.

How to check the status of your name check?

Where to find out the status of Name Checking? Any number to contact?

antonioa77 said:
this is applicable in nsc mainly bcs the i140 is taking there around 6 months. but if u realise after u get ur i140 , u will get ur i485 swiftly if ur name is cleared. this is the reason of the 6 montsh thing.

jack_xie said:
Where to find out the status of Name Checking? Any number to contact?

take an infopass apointment online at uscis website. go to your closest local office and they will tell about ur namecheck. good luck.

Name Check

How will i know that my application is on hold for name check?

How long should one wait to make info pass appointment? 2-4 months?

immigration watch

Hi Guys,

Have you ever used http://www.immigrationwatch.com ? some how they have way of tracking the cases, Today i found my case there with status says: OTHERS while it should said : RFE_RCVD

Do you know what OTHERS would mean? i searched every where on that site with no finds.

Tranfer name check from older 485 to new 485

How will I transfer my name check. I have a 2 I -485 pending at NSC.
One filed as Physcians NIW 5 years requirement in Nov 2003( never completed) as I was always H1B & will take 5 more years to be completed in 2010 despite servicing 3.5 years in MUA (Big Joke).
Second 485 is PERM based filed in May 2006, Senator inquiry results in Pending name check since initiated month after filling & now almost pending for 6 months. But by checking on my first 485 it has name check initaited twice in Nov 2003 & Oct 2005( dont know why) but the rep of TSC told me that it came back as " NO RECORD"
I dont want to swap 485 per perason memo as it might confuse them more as earlier one is filed over 3 years ago & has no medical physicals & W-2's
I am trying to swamp my security clearnce status but NSC responding indirectly via Senator involvement in three line.

Since new I-485 trigger another name check, applicant need to wait till this get cleared before this application ge processed any further.

My argument is , its the same name, person & same finger prints, why they have to wait for new one, If I have no record twice on their searches & now its stuck because their data tape voices my name differently, why I have to suffer.

Any ideas appreacited.

What is your RFE of 485 about?

GreenCard2010,

Could you tell me what is your RFE of 485 about? Thanks.

GreenCard2010 said:
Hi Guys,

Have you ever used http://www.immigrationwatch.com ? some how they have way of tracking the cases, Today i found my case there with status says: OTHERS while it should said : RFE_RCVD

Do you know what OTHERS would mean? i searched every where on that site with no finds.

I do not like the sound of "computer’s glitches" but there is nothing can be done.

My RFE was for visiting canada and returning back with no new I94 issued on my password while it was mentioned on my I-485 application as last entry to USA.

jack_xie said:
GreenCard2010,

Could you tell me what is your RFE of 485 about? Thanks.

I have the same situation as yours. (I visited Canada for a day two years ago and no new I-94 was issued for me). Probably I will get the same RFE later. Would you mind to tell me how you replied for that RFE? You can send me PM if you want. Thanks a lot!

GreenCard2010 said:
I do not like the sound of "computer’s glitches" but there is nothing can be done.

My RFE was for visiting canada and returning back with no new I94 issued on my password while it was mentioned on my I-485 application as last entry to USA.

Sure, the lawyer asked me to sign / notarize a letter to NSC stating the situation and how the law does not required new I94 when visiting Canada for less then 30 days, bla bla bla.....

I saw the same exact response on other threads so it seems common RFE / Response.

jack_xie said:
I have the same situation as yours. (I visited Canada for a day two years ago and no new I-94 was issued for me). Probably I will get the same RFE later. Would you mind to tell me how you replied for that RFE? You can send me PM if you want. Thanks a lot!

EAD approved

today i got an staus email saying my ead card has ordered. i got an RFE last week and replied on next day.

P.D: 31 DEC 2001, EB-2,NY state, India
LC AD: 2006 , I-140 RD:10/05/06 ND: 11/02/2006
I-485 NSC:RD:10/05/06, ND:11/02/06 ,FP apointment: 12/28
I-765 NCS : RD 10/05/06, ND: 11/02/06 rfe replied on 12/21/06 AD:email 12/28/06
I-131 NCS : RD 10/05/06, ND: 11/02/06 rfe replied on 12/21/06

485 approved

hello all,
wanted to share the good news that my 485 was approved yesterday... just checked my mail today... still can't believe it !
good luck to you all.