Consolidated NSC I-485 Tracker

Today, my Christmas present arrived.

Wait is finally over. Received approval notice today (12/23/06). According to the letter, it was approved on 12/08/06. Also, it said that the card will arrive in 8-12 months. I really don't know why it take so long.

Good Luck to those who are still waiting, and Happy Holiday to everyone.

PS. Please update my info, thanks, JustWathcing.

ckf said:
Today, my Christmas present arrived.

Wait is finally over. Received approval notice today (12/23/06). According to the letter, it was approved on 12/08/06. Also, it said that the card will arrive in 8-12 months. I really don't know why it take so long.

Good Luck to those who are still waiting, and Happy Holiday to everyone.

PS. Please update my info, thanks, JustWathcing.

congrats,

it is a great gift. why ur case was transfered to a local office? and who sent u the letter of approval ? NSC or the local office? did NSC processed ur application all the way or the approval came from the local office?

from which country r u? any idea when namecheck got cleared?

antonioa77 said:
congrats,

it is a great gift. why ur case was transfered to a local office? and who sent u the letter of approval ? NSC or the local office? did NSC processed ur application all the way or the approval came from the local office?

from which country r u? any idea when namecheck got cleared?

after I replied the RFE requested NSC, my file was transferred to kansas city for speed up process. my file then transferred to subdistrict - wichita (my town) for interview. I guess my case was approved by either subdistrict or district office. they both have power to do so.

my approval notice was sent from kansas city.

i'm from malaysia. about name check - no idea how long it took, but was very fast.

Antonia77 And Mas 06

How you all Know that your name check is pending according to NSC website they are processing MA01 Notice date cases whic is later than RD, and you can not call customer service till its 30 days beyond the processing my I-485 dates are RD 06-13-06 ND 06-27-06
Can I find out my name check status and how if I call service ctr they will say I am not over 30 days yet
Thanks

iak65 said:
How you all Know that your name check is pending according to NSC website they are processing MA01 Notice date cases whic is later than RD, and you can not call customer service till its 30 days beyond the processing my I-485 dates are RD 06-13-06 ND 06-27-06
Can I find out my name check status and how if I call service ctr they will say I am not over 30 days yet
Thanks

I had an infopass appointment on 12/11/06. The officer told me that Nane check is still pending. Before that I tried to call the 1-800 number but they could not help. You are right, NSC is processing cases from May 06 so for me it is was still early to check but I was curious coz I was told if my name check is not cleared in 2 weeks then usually a manual searh is required. That takes up to 6 month in most cases. If not resoved by six month then you are looking at 1-4 yr of wait time. I am still hopeful that by the time they start processing June cases, my NC is clear. Good luck to you.

My experience and if you care to read my old posting, ended up with wrong information from phone call. My friend take an infopass and you will know your status.

iak65 said:
Thanks

Did you file at NSC after August and had your FP

A question for some of those who filed at NSC and had their FP done. Has your namecheck cleared or is it pending ?

The reason I ask is, the person at infopass desk seems to suggest that NSC is not intending to send FP unless namecheck is cleared.

Does that mean whoever gets FP has their name check cleared ? The numbers do not add up. Name check seems to block close to 35%. And here in the tracker and at trackitt.com it seems to indicate differently. Agreed these are not large sample but they do give an idea of things.

I am tending to believe the person at infopass generalized my specific case. There should be more people stuck even though they received FP notice as these two are inherently different processes.

bigbang2001 said:
My experience and if you care to read my old posting, ended up with wrong information from phone call. My friend take an infopass and you will know your status.

bigbang2001 said:
A question for some of those who filed at NSC and had their FP done. Has your namecheck cleared or is it pending ?

The reason I ask is, the person at infopass desk seems to suggest that NSC is not intending to send FP unless namecheck is cleared.

Does that mean whoever gets FP has their name check cleared ? The numbers do not add up. Name check seems to block close to 35%. And here in the tracker and at trackitt.com it seems to indicate differently. Agreed these are not large sample but they do give an idea of things.

I am tending to believe the person at infopass generalized my specific case. There should be more people stuck even though they received FP notice as these two are inherently different processes.

If there is such trend, it has probably just started very recentely. I got my FP notice after 2 days from the I-485 notice date yet my NC is till pending. Also, as you said these are two completely independent queries.

Bigbang And Mas6

Well bigbang your theory may make some sense infact I have three I-485 pending in NSC, yes its a long story why I have 3 of I-485 if your read my other postings you may find out, anyways when I sent my 2nd i-485 in june I got finger prints in 2 weeks , but the one I sent August I never got finger prints so you may be right they may have changed their policy, but my First I-485 is pending since March 2004 and was transferred to NSC in July 2006 its NIW and can not be adjusted till I complete my 5 years in MUA
My questions is, will they have intitaed a nme check in 2004 ? I have finger printed twice for this last in March 2006
Does every I-485 will need a name check?
Mas 06 where did you go for infopass?
Can you do infopass at any time or there has to be certain time limit?
Are they helpful , my application is in NSC I live in Tx do I need to go to NSC for infopass
Thanks

iak65 said:
Well bigbang your theory may make some sense infact I have three I-485 pending in NSC, yes its a long story why I have 3 of I-485 if your read my other postings you may find out, anyways when I sent my 2nd i-485 in june I got finger prints in 2 weeks , but the one I sent August I never got finger prints so you may be right they may have changed their policy, but my First I-485 is pending since March 2004 and was transferred to NSC in July 2006 its NIW and can not be adjusted till I complete my 5 years in MUA
My questions is, will they have intitaed a nme check in 2004 ? I have finger printed twice for this last in March 2006
Are they helpful , my application is in NSC I live in Tx do I need to go to NSC for infopass
Thanks

I did my infopass in Dallas and my application is in NSC as well. What you need to do is to make an infopass appointment online. Just go the USCIS web site and you'll find a link to schedule an infopass. All the offices have access to the service centers database. The infopass timing depends on where you live. For me, I found a spot after 2 weeks but you may find a closer time.
As far as your question: does every I-485 need a name check. The answer is yes unless, the time between the name checks is less than 120 days. They likely started your name check in 2004, so yours is probably cleared by now but you still have 3 yrs to complete the NIW requirement.

mas06

Thanks for your detailed response, I hope you have smooth sailing, yes I still have to complete 3 years but I have filed another 485 based on LC and have I-140 approved so I was hoping my name check from 2004 may help but this may be a wishful thinking

bigbang2001 said:

I'm not sure this is true or not. In one of the "government" documents I read they stated that name check was processed along with fingerprints to ensure that same person was not filing under different names.

That would indicate the name check is initiated along with fingerprints which i doubt is true all the time. so who knows....

Not at all a theory but only based on fleeting statement by Infopass desk person.

I see your questions got answered. I agree with maso6 that every time 485 is filed a name check is initiated. Several sites including this indicate that.

At infopass website no question is asked or checked about your last infopass so my guess is there is no time limit for that and you can take as many as you want. From a personal viewpoint I did burn up half day of Paid Time off in that.

iak65 said:
Thanks

Thanks for sharing that, bigbang. Maybe those recent FP-done cases have cleared name check but are still awaiting agency clearance from 26 different agencies ?? Will the new system help in these cases, only January will tell.

bigbang2001 said:

another theory is, even if name/agency checks are cleared, USCIS may wait for 6 months period to adjudicate, as they may not want to use up visa numbers which they would need if some unplanned priority cases came up suddenly. any comments?

eb1_nsc said:
another theory is, even if name/agency checks are cleared, USCIS may wait for 6 months period to adjudicate, as they may not want to use up visa numbers which they would need if some unplanned priority cases came up suddenly. any comments?

i don't think this is true. many people who got their name cleared after a while, they got their aprroval quickly after that.

unless this is applicable only to select countries. how many people from mexico/china/india/philippines got approved in 2-3 months and how many saw movement happening only around the 6th month.
i hope i am wrong, would be nice to hear from folks with cases that prove/disprove this theory.

antonioa77 said:
i don't think this is true. many people who got their name cleared after a while, they got their aprroval quickly after that.

Last edited by a moderator:
eb1_nsc said:
unless this is applicable only to select countries. how many people from mexico/china/india/philippines got approved in 2-3 months and how many saw movement happening only around the 6th month.
i hope i am wrong, would be nice to hear from folks with cases that prove/disprove this theory.

this is applicable in nsc mainly bcs the i140 is taking there around 6 months. but if u realise after u get ur i140 , u will get ur i485 swiftly if ur name is cleared. this is the reason of the 6 montsh thing.

eb1_nsc said:
Thanks for sharing that, bigbang. Maybe those recent FP-done cases have cleared name check but are still awaiting agency clearance from 26 different agencies ?? Will the new system help in these cases, only January will tell.

The interagency check (IBIS check) is an instant check (computer-based), but you may be right; in some cases a detailed agency review may be needed causing further delaly. My feeling about all of that is: forget all about the stats they say about the 1% remaining checks after 6 months. It is much higher than that. It is huge backlog and the situation is messy. Would certain nationals be more affected, possibly but I tend to think it is random.