Consolidated NSC I-485 Tracker

As you noted in a latter post, I'm still awaiting I-485. Nebraska Service Center tracker is showing good signs (processing early May '06 based on Dec 18th update).
No, I didn't get any RFE for I-140, but not sure why approval of my case was later than yours despite earlier receipt date. I guess they are not truely FIFO or may be your case worker was a bit faster than mine to send approval notice or may be an RFE in your case led to an earlier decision. With USCIS who knows.

Miamivice4u said:
New2new4, did you ever got RFE, cause your case wow took a little while to get approved the I-140. I am crossing my fingers too to see if they get me approved someday this week. wish you the best

RFE was about

Jack_xie says:

What is the RFE of your EAD about? Thanks.

My RFE was about asking color copy of my ID or Passaport.

Thanks, Miamivice4u. Kind of weird. Is black/white photocopy of ID/passport not enough?

Miamivice4u said:
Jack_xie says:

What is the RFE of your EAD about? Thanks.

My RFE was about asking color copy of my ID or Passaport.

Last edited by a moderator:
The RFE stated this

They need a color copy of a National Id, or Passaport with Date of birth and Name clearly readable. Plus Notarized

Miamivice4u said:
They need a color copy of a National Id, or Passaport with Date of birth and Name clearly readable. Plus Notarized
Never sent notarized copy, only clear color copy (scanner + printer). All 3 EAD were approved, 4-th pending.

Updated Tracker

I-485 NEBRASKA SERVICE CENTER TRACKER

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

mdgc2001 - updated
Fula149 - updated
bcktcnd - added
rim - updated
raj_vagc_oct02 - added (You are not really retrogressed, are you?)
dc4opera - updated
sathya10 - updated
ahsa4393 - updated (APPROVED!)
LC_HOPE - added
bigbang2001 - updated
waitingwa - updated
zgubi - updated
ckf - updated (APPROVED!)
nylc4yr - updated
schmooze - updated (APPROVED!)
new2new4 - added

This will be a consolidated NEBRASKA SERVICE CENTER TRACKER. Post if you have filed I-485 in Nebraska regardless of date.

I will update the tracker every few days. Please do not update the tracker as this causes version control issues.

Please post the following information:

User name
Priority Date
Retrogressed (Y/N)
Country
EB-1 / EB-2 / EB-3
I-140 Receipt Date
I-140 Approval Date
I-485 Receipt Date
LIN number (LIN-YYDDD-XXXXX)
Finger Print Notice Date
Finger Print Appointment Date
I-485 Approval Date

Please note that this is NOT meant to be a I-140 tracker. Visit the I-140 Nebraska section for a comprehensive I-140 tracker. I am however capturing this information here since it is likely there is some relationship between I-140 approval and I-485.

For those of you that came from BEC and got to use that tracker, I think it was useful for all of us. Now please help build this tracker.

I will add reports once we collect enough records to make them useful.

Yes, I know trackitt.com exists and its great, etc., etc. I invite you to post there as well. Keeping a tracker here allows us to track and discuss as well.

Thank you everyone.

JustWatching

Add me into tracker if you could.

User name: jack_xie
Priority Date: 11/2002
Retrogressed (Y/N): N
EB-1 / EB-2 / EB-3: EB-2
I-140 Receipt Date: 11/6/06
I-140 Approval Date: 12/19/06
I-485 Receipt Date: 11/6/06
LIN number (LIN-YYDDD-XXXXX)
Finger Print Notice Date: 12/12/06
Finger Print Appointment Date: 12/27/06
I-485 Approval Date

Add my info to the tracker

LC Date: Feb-02, India, EB2
LC AD: Feb-06
RD I-140,I-485: 27-Apr-06
LIN 06159-XXXXX
I-140 AD: 8/22/06
I-485: RFE RD 9/21/06
RFE Replied date 9/30/06
RFE LUD: 10/9/06

kiku1975, what is your I-485 RFE about? Thanks.

kiku1975 said:
LC Date: Feb-02, India, EB2
LC AD: Feb-06
RD I-140,I-485: 27-Apr-06
LIN 06159-XXXXX
I-140 AD: 8/22/06
I-485: RFE RD 9/21/06
RFE Replied date 9/30/06
RFE LUD: 10/9/06

I had an Infopass appoinment in the morning. My name check is not yet completed from FBI.

Thanks
SN

Last edited by a moderator:
JustWatching,

Please update my status; my I-140 was approved (no RFE issued, jack_xie :). I also had an infopass appointment after the I-140 approval and the officer told me the name check was completed within a month of the filing date for both me and the spouse. I won't jump into conclusions, just stating the facts and waiting patiently (sometimes).

Happy New Year to everyone.

green_ocean

green_ocean, you seem "ripe" for approval. I wouldn't be surprised if you get the good news within few weeks since you know that your NC is done

Did he give any information when it was started ?

In my case it was started 20 days after receipt of 485 which was around end of July 2006.

Barring case of Schoomze I have not seen any India EB-2 approval in recent time which were filed from April to December. I don't know if it is real or created scenario of pending name checks to keep approval rate low.

SN4GC said:
I had an Infopass appoinment in the morning. My name check is not yet completed from FBI.

Thanks
SN

green ocean said:
JustWatching,

Please update my status; my I-140 was approved (no RFE issued, jack_xie :). I also had an infopass appointment after the I-140 approval and the officer told me the name check was completed within a month of the filing date for both me and the spouse. I won't jump into conclusions, just stating the facts and waiting patiently (sometimes).

Happy New Year to everyone.

from which country are you? how common is your name?

Thank you

bcktcnd said:
green_ocean, you seem "ripe" for approval. I wouldn't be surprised if you get the good news within few weeks since you know that your NC is done

Thank you. I wish the same to you and everyone in our shoes. I also know that it ain't over until it's over, so I am keeping a low profile.

Albania

antonioa77 said:
from which country are you? how common is your name?

Albania; my name is not so common, but I don't know if the commonality of a name is a factor. I believe the number of applications from a country can be one, but again, I am just speculating.

I see lot of posting on name check. Do you normally have LUD change on application after name check in complete?

this is valid for the number of visas assigned to each country but is it the same for the name check?

green ocean said:
Albania; my name is not so common, but I don't know if the commonality of a name is a factor. I believe the number of applications from a country can be one, but again, I am just speculating.

GreenCard2010 said:
this is valid for the number of visas assigned to each country but is it the same for the name check?

thi is not true. because if you read about namecheck, you realise that uscis sent to fbi just ur name, middle name, family name and date of birth. nothing else. so there is no mention of country.

so if they don't submit from which country u r, then how fbi will differentiate between countries? it is a simple logic.

antonioa77 said:
thi is not true. because if you read about namecheck, you realise that uscis sent to fbi just ur name, middle name, family name and date of birth. nothing else. so there is no mention of country.

so if they don't submit from which country u r, then how fbi will differentiate between countries? it is a simple logic.

Guys,
Name check is a comlex process that involves more than just the name. While country is not likely a factor, there are some evidence that it may play a role. Do not forget that form G325A has the country in one of its fields. So we do not know for sure if it is or is not submitted with the other info.
As far as LUD, there is no obvious relationship, but once they apply the new BCS system, there may or may not be LUD once your NC is cleared.