Consolidated NSC I-485 Tracker

Rescheduling Notice difference

rvb_md2001 said:
JustWatching, Bartolo5 and osheth - appreciate you clearing things up for me! Shmooze, mind sharing what was different about your rescheduling notice? Thanks :)

I believe, with earlier format, they were asking you to call their national number to reschedule biometrics appointment if you missed yours whereas now they have started giving you 90 days window to go to specific location on a specific day and get it done. It seems they are making it more flexible.

Received FP

on Oct 17th for 26th but we were out of town so missed it!

I am going to try going to the ASC here on Nov 1st (Wednesday). The notice says that I have until Jan 8th to complete FP so hopefully there is no problem.

dink

Here is my details for tracker:

LC: CA, PD 03/15/2006, PERM/EB2
I-140/I-485 Concurrent Filing, Not Retrogressed
I-140 ND 5/24/06, Approved: 10/27/06, LIN061735XXXX
I-485 ND 5/24/06, Not yet approved, LIN061735XXXX
Finger Printing ND 6/8/06, appt 6/14/06

osheth said:
Per my paralegal (based on her experience from last couple months), it takes longer to get receipt notices from NSC.

I was further thinking on this. May be they might be doing some priliminary screening to decide whether to transfer it to TSC or not. This is my guess otherwise it is just data entry job and shouldn't take this long to send out Receipt Notices.

Hi osheth

I saw in your signature that you are EB2 candidate with a priority date of August 2002 from India.

I am just wondering how were you able to file I-485 in October. I believe the dates were retrogressed and the priority date in October was only till June 15, 2002.

I would appreciate your reply, since I am in the same boat and my lawyer has been trying to postpone things by giving different reasons.

Thanks.

Updated Tracker

NEW I-485 NEBRASKA SERVICE CENTER TRACKER

All - Per voldemarv, reviewed and updated. Please review retrogressed column and country data.
Beam - Removed. Luck sent him to TSC.
rim - added
schmooze - added
veggy - updated
igor_ch - added

This will be a consolidated NEBRASKA SERVICE CENTER TRACKER. Post if you have filed I-485 in Nebraska regardless of date.

I will update the tracker every few days. Please do not update the tracker as this causes version control issues.

Please post the following information:

User name
Priority Date
Retrogressed (Y/N)
EB-1 / EB-2 / EB-3
I-140 Receipt Date
I-140 Approval Date
I-485 Receipt Date
LIN number (LIN-YYDDD-XXXXX) As many characters as you are willing to provide - please not all of it.
Finger Print Notice Date
Finger Print Appointment Date
I-485 Approval Date

Please note that this is NOT meant to be a I-140 tracker. Visit the I-140 Nebraska section for a comprehensive I-140 tracker. I am however capturing this information here since it is likely there is some relationship between I-140 approval and I-485.

For those of you that came from BEC and got to use that tracker, I think it was useful for all of us. Now please help build this tracker.

I will add reports once we collect enough records to make them useful.

Yes, I know trackitt.com exists and its great, etc., etc. I invite you to post there as well. Keeping a tracker here allows us to track and discuss as well.

Thank you everyone.

JustWatching

FP Done

I missed my original FP appointment on 10/26. Today (11/01) I went to a different ASC than the one listed on the appointment and got my FP done - no questions asked

-dinks

I-485 FP question

I am about to apply for my I-485 and I have a question. My employer is in PA but i work in IL currently. When my labor was filed, the position was mentioned as "PA", but my project is in IL right now.

Is it possible to get appointment for FP in IL and not in PA? What do i need do make sure to get it in IL?

Thanks.

The address you mention as current in your 485 will be where your fingerprints will be taken by the closest ASC. It has nothing to with your labor.

sub077 said:
I am about to apply for my I-485 and I have a question. My employer is in PA but i work in IL currently. When my labor was filed, the position was mentioned as "PA", but my project is in IL right now.

Is it possible to get appointment for FP in IL and not in PA? What do i need do make sure to get it in IL?

Thanks.

Receipt dates

Hi to all,

I applied concurrent for I-140 & I-485..

1. How long it takes to send a receipt?
2. am i going to receive in my post mail?
3. when i will get an Email from USCIS? Do everybody get email?
4. Am i going to recieve 2 diffrent receipt numbers or just one?

adjust20 said:
Hi to all,

I applied concurrent for I-140 & I-485..

1. How long it takes to send a receipt?
2. am i going to receive in my post mail?
3. when i will get an Email from USCIS? Do everybody get email?
4. Am i going to recieve 2 diffrent receipt numbers or just one?

1 - varies - 1 - 5 weeks (mostly dependends or service center)
2 - yes, see below
3 - You will not get any e-mails unless you register at uscis.gov - you can only do this once you get your receipt numbers.
4 - a receipt letter will be issued for each of your apps (so in your case you will get 4). Either you, your attorney or employer will get these receipts based on application.

Pay during I-485

My company is paying me little less then the wage on my Labor. During I-140, the company showed the ability to pay and it got approved.

Now, when we file for I-485, does the company have to pay me atleast the amount shown on my labor? Or they can still show ability to pay by some other ways?

I-485 Cases Approved - Applicant and dependant

Today at 6:01 PM I got the magic emails from CRIS letting me know that my I-485 application and my wife's application were approved. I knew it from this morninig but I didn't want to believe it since I didn't get any email at that time and there wasn't any LUD change shown online.
I got to know it since I emailed NSC Premium processing to inquire about an amended approval notice on my I-140 I received (which I requested to change to the PD show on it since it was wrong on the initial approval notice) and I asked them about my I-485 application status and they replied in an hour saying they were already approved on 11/2/2006!!!!!
We are so happy since this means a relief to me and my family.
It was approved right on time since my H-1B 6-year visa expired on 11/5/2006 and I was unable to extend since my company started the GC process too late so I was not allow to extend on 1-year increment since LC needs to be filed and be pending for a year in order to apply for H1-B extension.

Anyway, after receiving the emails I went online and there is a LUD 11/02/2006 and the text message changed to:

Current Status:

On November 2, 2006, after approving your application, we ordered you a new card. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready.

Thanks. This forum was extremely helpful and good luck to everyone. You will get soon these magic emails

Congratulation!!!

dc_May2006 said:
Today at 6:01 PM I got the magic emails from CRIS letting me know that my I-485 application and my wife's application were approved. I knew it from this morninig but I didn't want to believe it since I didn't get any email at that time and there wasn't any LUD change shown online.
I got to know it since I emailed NSC Premium processing to inquire about an amended approval notice on my I-140 I received (which I requested to change to the PD show on it since it was wrong on the initial approval notice) and I asked them about my I-485 application status and they replied in an hour saying they were already approved on 11/2/2006!!!!!
We are so happy since this means a relief to me and my family.
It was approved right on time since my H-1B 6-year visa expired on 11/5/2006 and I was unable to extend since my company started the GC process too late so I was not allow to extend on 1-year increment since LC needs to be filed and be pending for a year in order to apply for H1-B extension.

Anyway, after receiving the emails I went online and there is a LUD 11/02/2006 and the text message changed to:

Current Status:

On November 2, 2006, after approving your application, we ordered you a new card. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready.

Thanks. This forum was extremely helpful and good luck to everyone. You will get soon these magic emails
Congratulations!!!! I could imagine how it feels.

Just curious, did you do PP upgrade on your own or through attorneys? Did your company pay for PP upgrade or not?

osheth said:
Congratulations!!!! I could imagine how it feels.

Just curious, did you do PP upgrade on your own or through attorneys? Did your company pay for PP upgrade or not?

Yes, I upgraded my I-140 to PP on 9/28/2006 and got approved on 10/05/2006. You have to do it either thru your Employer or Attorney. Anybody can pay but only Employer or Attorney can sign the I-907 form for PP.

No my company didn't pay for anything. I paid everything, attorneys's fees, filling fees, shipping charges, EVERYTHING. When I upgraded to PP I had to pay $1000 more + 250 attorney's fee + shipping charges. I even paid my 1st year H1-B renewal extension!!!!!

Overall, I ended up with a 13K debt paying everything w/my CC but I think at the end it's worth it if you get I-485's approval and therefore GC. I can now keep working and pay my debt on a short-term period :)

No receipt notice in a month.

It seems there is a new trend--it takes longer and longer to get receipt notice.

My I-485 application was delivered on Oct. 5, 2006. No nothing yet.

I suspect that this is a new tactic used by Nebraska to "speed up"/manipulate their processing time.

For example, if they issue us a receipt 2 months after they actually received our application. In my case, the receipt date will be December 5, 2006 instead of Oct. 5, 2006. If our case is approved on July 4, 2007, then Nebraska can still claim meeting the 6 Months processing target!!! Because they talk out receipt-date!!!

Any comments?

nylc4yr said:
It seems there is a new trend--it takes longer and longer to get receipt notice.

My I-485 application was delivered on Oct. 5, 2006. No nothing yet.

I suspect that this is a new tactic used by Nebraska to "speed up"/manipulate their processing time.

For example, if they issue us a receipt 2 months after they actually received our application. In my case, the receipt date will be December 5, 2006 instead of Oct. 5, 2006. If our case is approved on July 4, 2007, then Nebraska can still claim meeting the 6 Months processing target!!! Because they talk out receipt-date!!!

Any comments?

NSC sets the actual RD regardless of when they send you your notice date. So even if you get your Notice in a couple weeks your RD will still be 10/5 (maybe a day or 2 more, but not more).