Consolidated NSC I-485 Tracker

I am not sure...

Hi JustWatching,

I checked other thread. It seems they show two dates on the receipt:

Filing date--the date they receive your application.
Receipt Notice Date--the date they issue you receipt.

For USCIS processing time report purpose, they always use Receipt Notice Date. They are playing the time card by my standard.

JustWatching said:
NSC sets the actual RD regardless of when they send you your notice date. So even if you get your Notice in a couple weeks your RD will still be 10/5 (maybe a day or 2 more, but not more).

hi Justwatching,
I have no receipt notice yet but my details are like on my signature
i will let u know when i start receiving the details:

JustWatching said:
NSC sets the actual RD regardless of when they send you your notice date. So even if you get your Notice in a couple weeks your RD will still be 10/5 (maybe a day or 2 more, but not more).

nylc4yr said:
Hi JustWatching,

I checked other thread. It seems they show two dates on the receipt:

Filing date--the date they receive your application.
Receipt Notice Date--the date they issue you receipt.

For USCIS processing time report purpose, they always use Receipt Notice Date. They are playing the time card by my standard.

Let me start with: They don't process all cases in order so, the processing times can only be used as a guideline. I figured I would state the obvious.

The new reporting scheme by USCIS reads at the top:

"When we are not meeting our service level goal, the date posted will reflect the filing date of cases that are being completed. It should be noted that while in some instances reported processing dates may appear to have regressed due to this change, they do not reflect a lengthening of USCIS processing times, but simply the change in reporting. Our goal is to
provide accurate projections and thus give customers clear expectations as to what they can expect as a processing time."

Hi everyone,

User name:beesweet67
Priority Date:November 2001
Retrogressed (Y/N): NO
EB-1 / EB-2 / EB-3:EB-3
I-140 Receipt Date:
I-140 Approval Date:July 2005
I-485 Receipt Date: November 24 2004
LIN number (LIN-YYDDD-XXXXX) As many characters as you are willing to provide - please not all of it: 05039
Finger Print Notice Date
Finger Print Appointment Date:Second appt. October 18 2006
I-485 Approval Date:still waiting... :confused:

Thanks very much for your clarification.

If it's ture, I will treat you lunch.
Enjoy your weekend!

:)

JustWatching said:
Let me start with: They don't process all cases in order so, the processing times can only be used as a guideline. I figured I would state the obvious.

The new reporting scheme by USCIS reads at the top:

"When we are not meeting our service level goal, the date posted will reflect the filing date of cases that are being completed. It should be noted that while in some instances reported processing dates may appear to have regressed due to this change, they do not reflect a lengthening of USCIS processing times, but simply the change in reporting. Our goal is to
provide accurate projections and thus give customers clear expectations as to what they can expect as a processing time."

Hi everyone,
My information for the tracker:
User name: Raje1
Priority Date: May 2002
Retrogressed (Y/N): Yes. India.
EB-1 / EB-2 / EB-3: EB-2
I-140 Receipt Date: May 25, 2006
I-140 Approval Date: Sep 6, 2006
I-485 Receipt Date: May 25, 2006
LIN number (LIN-YYDDD-XXXXX) : LIN-06174-XXXXX
Finger Print Notice Date: May 25, 2006
Finger Print Appointment Date: Jun 8, 2006
I-485 Approval Date: Waiting.

Please update new FP dates

User name: Tethys
Priority Date: 01-17-2006
Retrogressed (Y/N): N
EB-1 / EB-2 / EB-3: EB1
I-140 Receipt Date: 01-17-2006
I-140 Approval Date: 09-11-2006
I-485 Receipt Date: 09-05-2006
I-485 Notice Date: 10-05-2006
LIN number (LIN-07004-XXXXX)
Finger Print Notice Date: 11/8/06
Finger Print Appointment Date: 11/21/06
I-485 Approval Date: !!!

Last edited by a moderator:
received finger print notice and sure enough the receiving date and notice changed. my info is as follows.

User name: apnadude
Priority Date: 06-1-2006
Retrogressed (Y/N):Y
EB-1 / EB-2 / EB-3: EB1
I-140 Receipt Date: 06-1-2006
I-140 Approval Date: 06-27-2006
I-485 Receipt Date: 09-15-2006
I-485 Notice Date: 10-07-2006
LIN number (LIN-07004-XXXXX) As many characters as you are willing to provide - please not all of it.
Finger Print Notice Date: 10/31/2006
Finger Print Appointment Date: 11/14/2006
I-485 Approval Date: !!!

need help! Spouse has not received fingerprinting date, is it possible to get his fingerprinting done on the same day as mine, without his paperwork, as we need to travel atleast for 4 hours one way to the nearest Asc to do the fingerprinting?

Apna dude

Validity of Medical exam

How long is the Medical exam for I485 valid? My PD is not open yet, but i am planning to take the exam hoping i will be able to file I485 soon.

LUD on I-485

Hi All,

I just noticed that there was an LUD on my case. I received an RFE on Oct 17th and replied back. There was an LUD at that time. There was an LUD again this morning... is this any this related to new hope....hopefully this is something good.

Please provide some insights if any.

Thank you

lab_notez said:
Hi All,

I just noticed that there was an LUD on my case. I received an RFE on Oct 17th and replied back. There was an LUD at that time. There was an LUD again this morning... is this any this related to new hope....hopefully this is something good.

Please provide some insights if any.

Thank you

I am in similar boat like you. Can you please let me know what is this RFE about? What information where they looking for?

Rfe

rspr said:
I am in similar boat like you. Can you please let me know what is this RFE about? What information where they looking for?

Hi I got an RFE about all my employment authorizations since the time I was here to till date

lab_notez said:
Hi I got an RFE about all my employment authorizations since the time I was here to till date

Did you have to provide all your I-797's or I-94's or just the EADs.
Any reason why they asked for that information?

All I-797s

Hi I provided all I797s. I was never on EAD

EOM

rspr said:
Did you have to provide all your I-797's or I-94's or just the EADs.
Any reason why they asked for that information?

I-485, AP and H4

Just wondering if anyone had (or heard about) experiences with I-485 abandonment...

My wife entered US in August on H4 while she already had Advance Parole issued to her (in June) and I-485 was pending since May. Is it considered abandonment of I-485? I know it would not be abandonment if she had H1B, but unsure about H4. I-485 is still pending, but I do not know what to expect and what corrective actions to take.

Thanks in advance for any ideas or references. While my lawyer looks into the issue, I wonder if any one of you heard about similar cases. If you know CFR# for this, or other regulations link that would be very helpful.

igor_ch said:
Just wondering if anyone had (or heard about) experiences with I-485 abandonment...

My wife entered US in August on H4 while she already had Advance Parole issued to her (in June) and I-485 was pending since May. Is it considered abandonment of I-485? I know it would not be abandonment if she had H1B, but unsure about H4. I-485 is still pending, but I do not know what to expect and what corrective actions to take.

Thanks in advance for any ideas or references. While my lawyer looks into the issue, I wonder if any one of you heard about similar cases. If you know CFR# for this, or other regulations link that would be very helpful.

You should be fine...

http://www.murthy.com/news/n_favint.html

For those interested, I found more official data:

8 CFR 245.2 (a) (4)(ii)(C)
http://www.uscis.gov/propub/ProPubVAP.jsp?dockey=095c4f961cfa65f021131289addeb7fa
... The travel outside of the United States by an applicant for adjustment of status who is not under exclusion, deportation, or removal proceeding and who is in lawful H-4 or L-2 status shall not be deemed an abandonment of the application if the spouse or parent of such alien through whom the H-4 or L-2 status was obtained is maintaining H-1 or L-1 status and the alien remains otherwise eligible for H-4 or L-2 sta tus, and, the alien is in possession of a valid H-4 or L-2 visa (if required) and the original copy of the I-797 receipt notice for the application for adjustment of status.

Adjustment of Status; Continued Validity of Nonimmigrant Status, Unexpired Employment Authorization, and Travel Authorization for Certain Applicants Maintaining Nonimmigrant H or L Status
http://www.uscis.gov/propub/ProPubVAP.jsp?dockey=5d3c635cdb17ef85177c303ab62f425c
SUMMARY: This rulemaking amends and clarifies Immigration and Naturalization Service regulations governing an H-1 and L-1 nonimmigrant's continued nonimmigrant status during the pendency of an application for adjustment of status. This action incorporates into the regulations existing Service policy statements regarding this issue. In addition, this rule eliminates the requirement for those adjustment applicants who maintain valid H-1 and L-1 nonimmigrant status, and their dependent family members, to obtain advance parole prior to traveling outside the United States. Finally, the Service is considering expanding the "dual intent" concept to cover long term nonimmigrants, in E, F, J, and M visa classifications, who are visiting this country as traders, investors, students, scholars, etc.

And the link to Muthy's Web Site (thanks JustWatching!):
http://www.murthy.com/news/n_favint.html

igor_ch said:

Updated Tracker

I-485 NEBRASKA SERVICE CENTER TRACKER

jadoo85 - added
beesweet67 - added
Raje1 - added
Tethys - added
dc_May2006 - added (APPROVED)
apnadude - updated
va5805 - added
lab_notez - added
braniand - updated

This will be a consolidated NEBRASKA SERVICE CENTER TRACKER. Post if you have filed I-485 in Nebraska regardless of date.

I will update the tracker every few days. Please do not update the tracker as this causes version control issues.

Please post the following information:

User name
Priority Date
Retrogressed (Y/N)
Country
EB-1 / EB-2 / EB-3
I-140 Receipt Date
I-140 Approval Date
I-485 Receipt Date
LIN number (LIN-YYDDD-XXXXX)
Finger Print Notice Date
Finger Print Appointment Date
I-485 Approval Date

Please note that this is NOT meant to be a I-140 tracker. Visit the I-140 Nebraska section for a comprehensive I-140 tracker. I am however capturing this information here since it is likely there is some relationship between I-140 approval and I-485.

For those of you that came from BEC and got to use that tracker, I think it was useful for all of us. Now please help build this tracker.

I will add reports once we collect enough records to make them useful.

Yes, I know trackitt.com exists and its great, etc., etc. I invite you to post there as well. Keeping a tracker here allows us to track and discuss as well.

Thank you everyone.

JustWatching