Consolidated NSC I-485 Tracker

GreenCard2010 said:
Hey Guys,

Is there a roadmap somewhere on the forums for I-485 steps, or can you answer me on these questions:
- Application Received.
- CIS send Receipt.
- Possibility of RFE.
- Finger print (Code 3)
- (Is there possibility of RFE after the FP?)
yes, I have seen RFEs around for people in the interval of 3 weeks to 5 months after they filed either I-140 or I-485.
- Name Checks.
- …. ( what is in between?)
- Approval letter.
- Passport stamp
- Green Card letter.

the rest of the roadmap seems perfectly logical to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
JustWatching,
Thank you for your efforts. Please add my info in the tracker (see the signature).

I have had only 1 LUD in my I-485, a couple of days after my fingerprints, and nothing else. Is this normal or they are kind of sleepy on me?

Thanks in anticipation for the answers. Good luck to all of us.

Finally my check is cashed and got my case number

Hi JustWatching,

Please update my RD to 11/3/2006.

They finally cashed my check and when I check the online status:

------------------------
Current Status:

Your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status was received on November 3, 2006. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete. You can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done. Follow the the link below for current processing dates.

-----------------

Since they actally received my app on Oct. 5, 2006, I wonder what monster ate the one month gap.

nylc4yr said:
Hi JustWatching,

Please update my RD to 11/3/2006.

They finally cashed my check and when I check the online status:

------------------------
Current Status:

Your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status was received on November 3, 2006. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete. You can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done. Follow the the link below for current processing dates.

-----------------

Since they actally received my app on Oct. 5, 2006, I wonder what monster ate the one month gap.

The message has your notice date. When you get the actual receipt in the mail, it should have both receipt date and notice date. Hopefully your receipt date will be closed to when you mailed your application.

Thanks JustWatching. I will keep my finger crossed.

I am not sure which day they will use to count the 180 pending day. Since there will be a dramatic change next year in my company, I may need to use AC 21 in the worst scenario.

JustWatching said:
The message has your notice date. When you get the actual receipt in the mail, it should have both receipt date and notice date. Hopefully your receipt date will be closed to when you mailed your application.

nylc4yr said:
I am not sure which day they will use to count the 180 pending day. Since there will be a dramatic change next year in my company, I may need to use AC 21 in the worst scenario.

Typically from the Receipt Date mentioned on the notice.

dinks2006 said:
485 transferred to local office in Milwaukee.

dinks
Hi Dinks,

i have some qus for u.....
what is primary 485 approved? is it for the primary applicant....so u applied for ur dependent after ur were approved ? can we do that?

You can provided ....

plztoday,

"what is primary 485 approved? is it for the primary applicant...."
Yes by primary I meant primary applicant.

"so u applied for ur dependent after ur were approved ? can we do that?"
Yes. The spouse of a primary applicant is eligible to apply for 485 even after primary applicants approval provided
(1) The marriage happened before the primary applicants approval
(2) Spouse is already on US on an independent visa

In my case, we were married long before primary applicant's approval and I am in US on F-1 visa. I could have been added to the primary applicant's 485 before the approval but we chose not to do it at that time.

If the spouse is not an independent visa but on H-4 it may still be possible if you are applying within 180 days of primary's approval but I am not certain about this, you have to ask lawyers...

The key point is that marriage should have occurred before the primary applicant's approval. If you get married after the approval dependent goes in to the family quota and it takes 4+ years.

dinks

dinks2006 said:
plztoday,

you are applying within 180 days of primary's approval but I am not certain about this, you have to ask lawyers...

The key point is that marriage should have occurred before the primary applicant's approval. If you get married after the approval dependent goes in to the family quota and it takes 4+ years.

dinks
Thanks

My attorney filed 485, EAD and AP to NSC on Nov. 01 2006
I received a mail from Texas center showing my receipt date for EAD application.
How my EAD ended up in Texas?
They moved my case to Texas?
What about others??? (485 and AP)

I am a bit confused...

can somebody answer this? I would be appreciated
Thanks

VOYAGER_99 said:
My attorney filed 485, EAD and AP to NSC on Nov. 01 2006
I received a mail from Texas center showing my receipt date for EAD application.
How my EAD ended up in Texas?
They moved my case to Texas?
What about others??? (485 and AP)

I am a bit confused...

Got ASC Appointment Notice.

I got ASC appointment notice yesterday.

Is this Biometrics (code 3) for fingerprint?

Don't worry. You're not missing out on anything because yours wasn't transferred to TSC. You see these days the long pole is namecheck. Since namecheck takes the same (very long) time for most people, even TSC is taking a long time to approve. Most approvals these days are from 2004 and 2005.

green ocean said:
Apparently your application was transfered to Texas. You are a lucky boy/girl.

You don't know where your application is pending!

I sent my application to Nabraske (140+485) and I got a recipt notice from Texas. My I-140 was approved in PP in taxas and I thought that my case is being processed int Taxas. Well, I went to Infopass today and I found out that on October 7 (5 days after my I-140 was approved) they sent my I-485 back to Nabraska for further processing. Without the Infopass appointment I would have never find out that my case was back in Nabraska because the don't tell you that the're bouncing you case around. Many applicant "think" that their case is in Taxas or elswhere but any LUD can mean that your case is being transffered and you just don't know about it. Good Luck.

Means that there is a tennis game going on :confused:
I hope they will not kick the ball outside the court. :mad:
My poor mini tiny application....