osheth - Removed. Luck sent him to TSC.
can'twaitany - added
desi_boy_usa - added
rvb_md2001 - added
maverick534- updated
vine95050 - added
leina - added
nylc4yr - added

This will be a consolidated NEBRASKA SERVICE CENTER TRACKER. Post if you have filed I-485 in Nebraska regardless of date.

I will update the tracker every few days. Please do not update the tracker as this causes version control issues.

Please post the following information:

User name
Priority Date
Retrogressed (Y/N)
EB-1 / EB-2 / EB-3
I-140 Receipt Date
I-140 Approval Date
I-485 Receipt Date
LIN number (LIN-YYDDD-XXXXX) As many characters as you are willing to provide - please not all of it.
Finger Print Notice Date
Finger Print Appointment Date
I-485 Approval Date

Please note that this is NOT meant to be a I-140 tracker. Visit the I-140 Nebraska section for a comprehensive I-140 tracker. I am however capturing this information here since it is likely there is some relationship between I-140 approval and I-485.

For those of you that came from BEC and got to use that tracker, I think it was useful for all of us. Now please help build this tracker.

I will add reports once we collect enough records to make them useful.

Yes, I know trackitt.com exists and its great, etc., etc. I invite you to post there as well. Keeping a tracker here allows us to track and discuss as well.

Thank you everyone.

JustWatching

My Stat

Rim
PD: April 01 2003
Retrogressed (N)
EB-2
I-140/485/131/765 RD: Sept 27th 2006
I-140 Approval Date
LIN number (LIN-07-015-XXXXX) As many characters as you are willing to provide - please not all of it.
Finger Print Notice Date
Finger Print Appointment Date
I-485 Approval Date

finger printing experience

just wanted to share my experience with the biometrics appointment. My wife and I had appointments on 10/25 and we got the letters on the same day!! actually don't have my wife's appointment letter yet.. only have a lawyer's copy. anyway, I got mine done but rescheduling for my wife as she is off to India, on an emergency trip. just took driver's license and appointment letter with me and got out in less than an hour. Also, the officer said that if you miss the appointment you don't have to freak out as the appointment notice says "the application will be abandoned" if you do not make it on the specified date and time. they will reschedule within 87 days.. obviously we don't want to miss the appointment unless there is a valid reason...

hope this helps.

I saw some of you have LIN # starts with 07-XXX as is mine. So I do not think LIN is formated as YYDDD.
Don't you think? Or is there any other explanation.

Biometric Notice detail

I was browsing thru this tracker and show your posting,

rvb_md2001 said:
1. The USCIS schedules a particular day and time for you or is it just a date range and you schedule the date/time/city yourself?

I received mine on 10/23/2006 which is scheduled for 10/31/2006. Now few lines below it says:

Request for Rescheduling

If you are unable to appear at this time, you may go on any FOLLOWING Wednesday at the same time noted above, as long as you appear before 01/31/2007. If you do not have your biometrics taken by that date, your application will be considered abandoned

so in other words, they give you 90 days window from the original scheduled date to get biometrics done.

thanks for sharing...
it is interseting that your rescheduling notice is different from mine...

osheth said:
I was browsing thru this tracker and show your posting,

I received mine on 10/23/2006 which is scheduled for 10/31/2006. Now few lines below it says:

Request for Rescheduling

If you are unable to appear at this time, you may go on any FOLLOWING Wednesday at the same time noted above, as long as you appear before 01/31/2007. If you do not have your biometrics taken by that date, your application will be considered abandoned

so in other words, they give you 90 days window from the original scheduled date to get biometrics done.

osheth said:
And what does DDD means on LIN - YYDDD format?
DDD is the day number starting from the 1-st of October.

For tracker: my # LIN04183500xx

JustWatching, all EB3 in the spreadsheet are marked as non-retrogressed. No Indian, Chineese or Mexican in this list? Or it's just lack of info? If so I prefer to see blank instead of 'N'.
Thanks for your work.

Receipt Number numbering scheme

voldemarv said:
DDD is the day number starting from the 1-st of October.

For tracker: my # LIN04183500xx

Interesting, so if my receipt number starts with SRC07007xx - that would mean they assigned my receipt number on Saturday, Oct 7 ?? Online status shows October 11, 2006 as receipt date.

Please explain if you could.

osheth said:
Interesting, so if my receipt number starts with SRC07007xx - that would mean they assigned my receipt number on Saturday, Oct 7 ?? Online status shows October 11, 2006 as receipt date.

Please explain if you could.

actually, i was asking myself the same question. in my case it worked if i counted business days (i.e. mon-fridays).

You are not the only one.

Mine reached them on Oct. 5. No receipt yet. They didn't even cash my check.

The paralegal said it took more than one month for the receipt. I guess you will get yours in couple weeks.

ww-gc said:
Is this thing taking this long time?
:mad:

I got receipt notices in less than one week. See my signature.

Jadoo85

FD: 10/16/06
RD: 10/17/06
ND: 10/19/06
FP Notice: 10/20/06 FP Appointment: 11/02/06

Hi Jadoo85, Is Taxas center processing your case?

jadoo85 said:
I got receipt notices in less than one week. See my signature.

Jadoo85

FD: 10/16/06
RD: 10/17/06
ND: 10/19/06
FP Notice: 10/20/06 FP Appointment: 11/02/06

Receipt Notices

ww-gc said:
Is this thing taking this long time? :mad:

Per my paralegal (based on her experience from last couple months), it takes longer to get receipt notices from NSC.

I was further thinking on this. May be they might be doing some priliminary screening to decide whether to transfer it to TSC or not. This is my guess otherwise it is just data entry job and shouldn't take this long to send out Receipt Notices.

Last edited by a moderator:
JustWatching, Bartolo5 and osheth - appreciate you clearing things up for me! Shmooze, mind sharing what was different about your rescheduling notice? Thanks :)

schmooze said:
thanks for sharing...
it is interseting that your rescheduling notice is different from mine...