Consolidated NSC I-485 Tracker

RFE on DUI

I think I should expect this at the beginning. I had a simple DUI incident in 2000 and RFE is requesting certified court disposition letter on this. I wasted two months to get this document from the court in California and I guess I am waiting for the interview at the field office.

I hope this won't take so long.

Could you tell us what your I-485 RFE is about? I saw you had RFE for your 485 from your signature.

I think I should expect this at the beginning. I had a simple DUI incident in 2000 and RFE is requesting certified court disposition letter on this. I wasted two months to get this document from the court in California and I guess I am waiting for the interview at the field office.

I hope this won't take so long.

then i would say this is why they wana have an interview. by the way, what is DUI?

Similar situation here too

Va5805, I have the same situation, got DUI during 2000 at CA. My case is in processing at NSC now. Finger print is scheduled in April. How did you get the certified court disposition. I should have request it upfront. I believe KRIS will ask me the same RFE.

NSC
I-140 RD Feb'07 Approved on Mar'07 (Premium processing)
I-485: RD Feb'07 ND: Feb'07
Fingerprinting: Scheduled April'07
Case Status: Case received and pending.

Are you EB3? We have very similar RD, ND, AP and EAD approval dates.
On another note, there are two more December Nebraska approvals on trackitt.com.
Now totaling to three, in the past 3 days. So it seems it wasn't a coincidence...

Alright slightly changing the topic... anybody advice on what are the advantages of having a GC.. ?

What benefits does one have after an 485 approval ?

Are there any advantages in foreign travel ? Does it eliminate visa requirement for any country ?

Still... waiting............:mad:

Getting certified disposition letter

You need to web search to find the telephone number of the court, which handled your case and ask them the right address to send the request letter to. It should be through written request with return evelope and checks for certification and copy fees. It takes 6-8 weeks to get this form.

Or you can ask your lawyer to contact them to get this document. For me, I was not sure which court I should contact(the court handled my case was not there any more) and had my lawyer to contact them. I also contacted them directly to make sure after my lawyer gave me the contact information.

Good luck.

Va5805, I have the same situation, got DUI during 2000 at CA. My case is in processing at NSC now. Finger print is scheduled in April. How did you get the certified court disposition. I should have request it upfront. I believe KRIS will ask me the same RFE.

NSC

I suspect that the shuffling of cases between offices is in anticipation of the absolute tsunami of H1 cases that will be submitted between TODAY and TUESDAY. With the need to open over 60,000 petitions, just to determine in they are legit, plus all those that are requesting premium processing (for cases that will only be approved for October -- why?), I don't expect any AOS movement for the next 6-10 weeks in the service centers that will be handling these H1 cases.

My updates with Background Checks still pending

I had an infopass today and was told that my BC is still pending. It has been more 6 months as it was initiated on Sept 08, i.e. a week after 485 ND.

I was also told that this BC is separate form the BC that Department of State performs to issue a visa. There is no dependency.

I hope that it will be cleared soon.

Tense

Hey Any body got recent LUDs?
My son and my spouse got 2 lud's on 28 and 29 in I-485. I have I-140 PP approved
I-485 RD is Dec 5 2006.
FP on Jan 31.
I have not got any LUDs after FP. I had Info Pass and Name and FP check were cleared. Why they open my spouse and my son I-485. I have seen recent transfer to local office. Any body has same thing?
thanks

Thanks for quick reply. What was your 2nd RFE? Would you keep us posted on how the interview goes with you?

NSC

I had an infopass today and was told that my BC is still pending. It has been more 6 months as it was initiated on Sept 08, i.e. a week after 485 ND.

I was also told that this BC is separate form the BC that Department of State performs to issue a visa. There is no dependency.

I hope that it will be cleared soon.

Regardless of what the officer told you, the background check they are referring to IS name check. So the fact that it has already taken six months for this means that who are backlogged and will be so for a while yet.

Sorry:(

Regardless of what the officer told you, the background check they are referring to IS name check. So the fact that it has already taken six months for this means that who are backlogged and will be so for a while yet.

Sorry:(
Thanks nelsona,

I have Canada Immigrant Visa and and would like to land there as NC in US may take a while to complete.

If I go to Canada, Can I come back using AVR within 2-3 days? (I do not have a valid H1 stamp in my passport and have an expired F1 only. I am US Masters degree holder)

If I go for H1 Stamping based on approved H1, will I be stuck in namecheck again as I am already stuck here?

Also, can someone else like Ginnu, UnitedNations, or RealCanadian please comment on the statement that:
"because my NC has taken longer than six months, it is backlogged and will take a while to complete"

Last edited by a moderator:
If I go to Canada, Can I come back using AVR within 2-3 days? (I do not have a valid H1 stamp in my passport and have an expired F1 only. I am US Masters degree holder)

If I go for H1 Stamping based on approved H1, will I be stuck in namecheck again as I am already stuck here?

I don't see a problem with this. There will not be an FBI namecheck done on you to get an H1 visa stamp.

To elaborate on my comment of being 'stuck' in name check. it has been my observation in recent months that namecheck either clears in a week, or it takes forever. FBI is currently overwhelmed with namecheck cases, the ones that don't clear immediately (or with a modicom of 2nd check) go onto the pile -- or more correctly under it -- never to be heard from again.

Since they are facing a continuous stream of new cases, these older ones are merely sitting somewhere. Some guy is probably tasked to look into them everyday, as soon as he takes care of the 40 new ones that appear on his desk. There is no First-in first-out on these; it is first-in -- NEVER out.

Nelsona, it is true that there is an FBI namecheck backlog, and that is where people who applied in 2003 onwards are getting approvals now. I wish if they correct the bugs in their system and stop this injustice to innocent people.

It also doesn't make sence to allow bad people here, but the decision to know if someone is a bad guy should not take 4-5 years. It should happen in seconds.

In an article, I read that if NC is pending for more than 6 months, USCIS triggers another NC as the one sent before is backlogged. Please comment.

I know some people who were told that they are stuck in NC got approval within 15-20 days after their infopass appointments. so let's hope for the best

Is It True !!!

DUI can cause delay...:mad:
could this be the reson for delay in Name Chack....:confused:

I was sued by my emplyoer in 2001 :p ( I won the case in smaller court)
I had two speeding tkts....;)

Gurus.... Do any of these could cause delay in Name Chack ?:confused:

ADVISE....ADVISE....

NSC

What is happening?

And LUD again on 3/30/07 Around 6:00PM but no message change.

prior two LUDs in a row were:
1) on 3/26/07 (This is for RFE response received around 3:00pm)
2) on 3/27/07

For my I-140 NSC received RFE response on 3/26/07 and on 3/26/07 there was a Case status change on USCIS web site: "Current Status: Response to request for evidence received, and case processing has resumed."

There were two LUDs in a row:
1) on 3/26/07 (This is for RFE response received around 3:00pm)
2) on 3/27/07 (Around 10:00AM, is this the indication that they are close to make a decision)

Based on your experience and considering that it is a Premium Processing case Do you think that two LUDs in a row is indication that they are about to make a decision in a day or two?

Thanks

Nelsona, it is true that there is an FBI namecheck backlog, and that is where people who applied in 2003 onwards are getting approvals now. I wish if they correct the bugs in their system and stop this injustice to innocent people.

It also doesn't make sence to allow bad people here, but the decision to know if someone is a bad guy should not take 4-5 years. It should happen in seconds.

In an article, I read that if NC is pending for more than 6 months, USCIS triggers another NC as the one sent before is backlogged. Please comment.

I know some people who were told that they are stuck in NC got approval within 15-20 days after their infopass appointments. so let's hope for the best

The people who are getting AOS approvals now, with PD in 2002, are getting it because (a) their LC/I-140 have only recently been approved, or (b) they hadn't been able to file I-485 becuse of retrogression. It is not because they were stuck in NC. They sailed thru NC.

There is a difference between being in nc, and being stuck. You'll notice thata lot of people are going for an infopass 6 months after their I-485 was submitted. This is uaually smack dab in the midst of all the processing that takes place. They simply cleared nc in the normal 2-3 days.

Those of us who have been TRULY stuck, ie. for 6 or more months are not getting out soon, especially if that Immigration bill passes and adds 400 000 more people to the pile.

All the best:)

As far as I read in various FBI and USCIS documents, Name Check gets slow when you or someone with your (or very similar) name are in the main or reference FBI index. It's getting much worse if the person in the index does not have reliable birthdate as it becomes more difficult to find out if he is really you or not.

A person's name gets into the main FBI index if there ever was an investigation *against* that person.

A person's name gets into the reference FBI index if his/her name appears in *any* FBI investigation, regardless of the role of that person. This way they can find all investigations, where your name played any part.

If your name is found in either of the indexes and birthdate matches (or reliable birthdate is not available in the index) - they will pull the actual files and review them, looking for anything bad you might have done.

For example:
1. I was helping my friend when she was talking to FBI, after she got involved into a bad credit card fraud. Guess what... my name appears in the reference database, because I was *involved* in that investigation
2. My friend's car was stopped when his friend was driving it alone under influence. Even though there was no investigation or criminal charges against my friend, he was still involved as a witness, since it was *his* car

>> I was sued by my emplyoer in 2001
Civil lawsuits should not trigger FBI investigations, unless there were related criminal charges, or your employer ever complained about your actions to FBI

>> I had two speeding tkts
I don't know for sure, but do not believe this is tracked by FBI, since there are no related criminal charges or investigation (unless you drove ***really*** fast)

DUI can cause delay...:mad:
could this be the reson for delay in Name Chack....:confused:

I was sued by my emplyoer in 2001 :p ( I won the case in smaller court)
I had two speeding tkts....;)

Gurus.... Do any of these could cause delay in Name Chack ?:confused:

ADVISE....ADVISE....

Last edited by a moderator: