Confirmed DELHI interviews for JUNE 2002

Urgent message for "dilli2002" or anybody having intw in June....

Hi dear,

I have intw. on July 11 and am leaving on July 6th. If u will be back by then (since u have intw in June or even if u r in Delhi by then, is it possible for me 2 contact u in Delhi/US either by phone or e-mail (my email is sacharb@yahoo.com) before/after ur intw. ??

Thanx in advance.

All the best ... Bhupi

Desert_Boy: Did ur lawyer called NWD to cancel july interview date ??

Yesterday I also received another packet4 with July 10 interview date with case # created by NWD. I will call them tonight to cancel july interview.

I also got a duplicate letter with July 11 as a 2nd inteview date

Do we have to have it cancelled? What if I do not cancel it and go their on my original interview date i.e. June 20th.

please do cancel it as it may help others after u to get an interview date earlier ...

I called NWD last night and got july interview date cancelled

Keeping june 24 interview date. Also made medical appointment with Dr Dawesar.Was told to mention both cases during submission of documents so that they consolidate the files.
I also confirmed that consular services is functioning normal.

URGENT !!! PLEASE HELP ...

My birth certificate has my parent\'s surname different from what is there in my passport. The municipal authorities refuse to change this anamoly as it is well over 15 years since the birth was registered.

Is it a serious matter? Their first names are the same and it is just the surnames that are different. Can anybody please advise. Are these things given too much consideration. (probably, people who have had their CP interview in Delhi might know). Please advise as i am kind of stressed out.

question regarding Delhi consulate

Does anyone know if the Delhi Consulate givess passport back in the evening after 1V processing or do they send it via courier service

Does anybody here have an interview date of June 21st??

You should be fine

If you take 2 affidavits from your parents uncle\'s or close relatives regarging "your /father/mother are also known as ..... ..... names".
Take it seperately for your mother and father.

Don\'t worry. Its not at all a big issue. your CP will not be a problem without this. At the most they will ask for these affidavits.

My friend had similar isuue and he took affidavits and did successful CP at Channai consulate last year.

Best of luck

got July 23rd !!!!!!!!!

This was a total surprise as Delhi always maintained that I would get End August ....

Deser_Boy ... I got an email response from Delhi today stating

that they will give the passport back the same day .... hope it answers ur question?

Can you guide me to some travel agents ??

Thanks go_on ...

It was a big help. If anybody else also has a piece of advice, please be forthcoming. Thanks guys ...

travel agent in NY

ask for Mukesh
212 689 3191

I think the travel agency name is pat n sally travel

congrats on getting July 23rd. Better start getting all those docs ready. Trust me.. its a huge PIA ...

Congrats im9999, How did you find out

When did you call them. I don\'t understand how they gave Aug 29th for me. I was thinking ours will be around same time as our review was around same time.
Congratulations again and all the best for your interview.

jafo ... Delhi seems to be way behind in its schedule but

u should get ur P4 around 1 month before ur interview date ... also, when I had talked to Delhi they had said that they can mail the P4 to an Indian address provided u send them something in writing (no phone or no email) ... if one doesn;t get the P4 and its close to the interview then u or ur relative can pick up a duplicate copy at their window between 3-4 pm ...

Hope it helps

p4 mailing time

canigetgc-new,

can you pls post the time between p4 mailed by consulate and the time you received it...
thanks
jafo

NVC review done whats next !!

Gurus,
My Packet 3 was reviewed by NVC yesterday.My consulate id delhi.Couple of questions -

1-what are the chances of getting Aug interview?
2-when can i check with NWD for dates?
3-My H1 got expired on Sept 2001,I do have a extension approval notice.What sould be done?Should I first get the H1 extended and then go for CP or go for CP straight away?
Any input is appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
indi

Best of luck to all the June Guys !!!

probably most of you must be about to leave in a weeks time ... SO the BEST WISHES for CP and hope you all are able to come back with the "war" situation dissolved !!!

I got an email from delhi today... they stated that all operations are running normal and on schedule .... no local PCC is required for guys staying in the US ... Hope this helps !