Concurrent Filing - Using Cross Chargeability

hey Umass,

http://www.trackitt.com/discuss/485eb/77731085/

You might get something soo here. This one is from NSC.

Let's hope buddy. We got the RFE for my wife's case. They've asked for:

1. More bona-fide evidence of our marriage. :eek:
2. A clearer, more better readable copy of her past I-20 forms.
3. Letters and/or transcripts from her previous colleges indicating her F-1 status
4. Copy of her birth certificate.

The birth certificate copy was a mistake on our part. :( The translator made an error and wrote 1988 instead of 1980, and my wife didn't catch it when she checked the notarized translated copy. So, now we're sending the corrected copy of her birth certificate translation.

My case status is still received and pending, with a soft LUD of 6/10/2008. I'm presuming that the marriage evidence is only because our case is CC, so I'm hoping that with additional evidence in terms of our daughter's birth certificate and some tax return and insurance forms, I get my GC soon. Keeping my fingers crossed ! We're still awaiting some papers from one of her colleges, and will be sending it to our lawyer sometime this week....so I guess NSC should have it by the end of next week or so :cool:

Good going buddy. Hopefully thats all they need.
I have made it to the 3rd round of Service requests. I have been told "you are pre adjudicated and under review" and wait out the length of the 3rd request till July 11th. I have a feeling this is all non CC related but who cares if I get there. So far no word from FOIAs or Senators case workers. The one bright spot is the NC being cleared. Gives something to hope for. Just like the last long weekend I think things are going ot come to a halt at the SCs. Hence I am hoping I will hear something after the 4th of July.

Hey, good luck to you :)

Our RFE response deadline is also 7/11. At least your NC is cleared ... I don't think mine has cleared yet.

If you're pre-adjudicated and under review, just hang in there ... you'll see some activity, and hopefully your final approval soon !

Question for GC_Bulgaria...
Quote:
Originally Posted by gc_bulgaria
Dear Rajiv,

My case is EB2, applied in July as cross charge (written on cover letter) and PD is current. I received EAD in 2 months and AP in 3. Fingerprint was also done about 2 month after receipt date.

I called Texas Service Center twice recently and both times they told me that name check for me and my husband is clear. This time I asked the IO if my case is being treated as cross charge and she said that she had no idea what that was. After I told her of the provision and she asked her supervisor, she said that the case will be sent to the supervisor.

I am not sure I trust them so I have also taken Infopass for next week to make sure that it is indeed true.

MY questions is, how to make sure that the case is treated as cross charge and adjudicated soon? Should I start a service request if I don't find out much from the info pass appointment?

Thank you.
__________________________________________________ _________
EB 2 PD: January 2007 (ROW)
I 140: 8/22/2007 (Approved from Texas)
I 485: 7/26/2007 (Sent to Nebraska)
EAD: 9/24/2007 (Approved from Texas)
FP Done: 10/1/07
AP: 10/16/07
Namecheck: Cleared
LUDs: None

Inforpass people should be able to confirm that your case is being treated under cross chargeability. That should take care of it.

So did you find anything at infopass?
I am ina similar situation. Applied under CC butsince then i think they have forgotten what CC is (only in my case). My NC got cleared recently and I am current under both countries. I am however concerned that India EB2s my run out as speculated on many forums. In which i want to make sure i have done all the ground work I can to get my application reinstated as CC..I have seen your comments on many forums regarding CC. Did you find out anything if so how?

No information yet

Aaah the infamous infopass. The IO did not have a clue about EB green card and told me that I will be called for an interview soon and pointed to a room!:mad:

I called Texas service center yesterday and again got a bunch of BS. The lady did not know the difference between receipt date and notice date and told me that the processing time is right now at July but my date is September (I applied on 26 July and got the notice on September 17). I asked her about CC and she said that they will consider it if I requested it while filing but they havent looked at my file yet.

In all I still dont have a clue what those incompetent fools are up to!

I did go to the infopass and got a load of bull... about cc only being applicable to primary and cannot be used from derivative. I checked with my lawyer and he was familiar with this IO and he swore he did not have a clue about anything.
Anyways my lawyer seems very confident that it is cced and does not want to expend any effort in confirmiing it. After pleading with him he finally agreed to talk to any interviewer iO he might run into with other clients during their interviews. Sais he cold possibly find ot more then . Its probably going to be 17th before he gets another interview to go to. so lets see.

Hi,

I am from India and have filed my 485 on CC using my wifes country of birth(Kenya) back in Dec 2006. Things did not go well last year and have to go through divorce. I got my divorce decree sometime in May 2008. Do i need to make any changes to my 485 application to indicate my divorce? What happens if my application gets approved on Kenya's chargeability before i do any changes to my 485 application? Any pointers will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Sagi

How can you know if your name check is pending

I am not sure how you guys know all these information.
Please let me know how do I know if my application went for name check.

Hi,

I'm new to this forum. Is there any way to confirm that my case is being considered under CC? Did you have to do anything other than cover letter along with wife's I-485 to USCIS?

----
PERM Mar 2007
I 140 approved in June, 2007
I-485 RD: Sep, 13, 2007
EAD, AP approved
FP : Nov, 2007
Name check pending for > 180 days
Wife's I-485 RD: Jan 15th, 2008
Wife's EAD, AP approved
Wife's FP: Feb, 2008.
Wife's Name Check Cleared by April 15th, 2008

Hi, guys;

I got lot of information from this thread so I want to share something in my GC expierence.

I am from a regression country and my wife is from a non-regression country. I am principal applicant at EB2. Here is my GC experience.

PD: June, 2007--send Perm application(Atlantic center, EB2);
October, 2007-- Perm approved;

140& 485: Jan. mid. 2008 -- send I-140, I-485, AP, and EAD application concurrently(TSE Center, useing CC);
Jan. 2008 after 10 days, got online update said application received;

FP: Feb. mid. 2008 --- got FP;

EAD: March 2008 --- got EAD for me and my wife;

AP: Never got AP. although I applied;

Apr. mid. 2008 -- I-140 approved;

RFE: Apr. mid. 2008 -- Got RFE for my wife asking birth certificate and Marriage Liscence;
July early 2008 -- RFE reply sent;

Approve: July mid. 2008 -- after about one week, I-485 approved.

My background:

Coming to USA with F1, then to H1; now in H1 third year, very simple; never changed employer. Staying in US many years since coming here as student, not travelling to outside of USA in this period. Kids were born in US.

I never called, wrote or did other communication to USCIS because I thought it was too earlier for my turn.

I guess my case is so-called PPP processing, very typical.

Hope this information is helpful and wish everyone here get GC soon. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, guys;

I got lot of information from this thread so I want to share something in my GC expierence.

I am from a regression country and my wife is from a non-regression country. I am principal applicant at EB2. Here is my GC experience.

PD: June, 2007--send Perm application(Atlantic center, EB2);
October, 2007-- Perm approved;

140& 485: Jan. mid. 2008 -- send I-140, I-485, AP, and EAD application concurrently(TSE Center, useing CC);
Jan. 2008 after 10 days, got online update said application received;

FP: Feb. mid. 2008 --- got FP;

EAD: March 2008 --- got EAD for me and my wife;

AP: Never got AP. although I applied;

Apr. mid. 2008 -- I-140 approved;

RFE: Apr. mid. 2008 -- Got RFE for my wife asking birth certificate and Marriage Liscence;
July early 2008 -- RFE reply sent;

Approve: July mid. 2008 -- after about one week, I-485 approved.

My background:

Coming to USA with F1, then to H1; now in H1 third year, very simple; never changed employer. Staying in US many years since coming here as student, not travelling to outside of USA in this period. Kids were born in US.

I never called, wrote or did other communication to USCIS because I thought it was too earlier for my turn.

I guess my case is so-called PPP processing, very typical.

Hope this information is helpful and wish everyone here get GC soon. Thanks.
Congratulations on Green!!
If you dont mind can you share your PD?

Case Update

I called last Friday and an IO who gave me her Badge number and name told me that my cases (EAD renewal and I 485) are with an examiner since the previous day (8/21/08). I am hoping that this is not BS.

Any one knows, how ling it takes for GC to be approved after the case is with examiner?

One more thing, when my senators office got in touch with them in Feb 2008, TSC had said that my case is CC. Recently they inquired again and this time they say that PD hasnt reached my date!

Who to believe???

My biggest worry at this stage is that my EAD is expiring on the 23rd of September. Its already been more than 2 months since I applied. So if I don't get the renewal (or GC) before then, I may lose my job (I am working for the sponsoring employer but on EAD).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
EB2 TSC
PD 1/11/2007
RD 7/26/07
ND 9/17/07

We got approval emails yesterday. Didn't feel a thing. We are more grateful to have survived Gustav. We live in Baton Rouge.
Good luck to all!

Cross Chargeability

I OPENED A SERVICE REQUEST THAT MY CASE IS OUT OF PROCESSING TIME AND I GOT THE FOLLOWING EMAIL YESTERDAY (TOMORROW IS THE 45TH DAY SINCE I OPENED THE SERVICE REQUEST)
DOES THIS MEAN ANYTHING (THAT THEY LOOKED INTO MY CASE) or IS IT JUST AN AUTOMATED MESSAGE?

RD FOR 485 IS DEC 29, 2005
PRIORITY DATE MAY 28, 2005

HERE IS THE EMAIL I RECEIVED

U.S. Department of Homeland Security
Texas Service Center
P.O. Box 851488
Mesquite, TX 75185-1488

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services Wednesday, September 17, 2008

On 08/04/2008 you, or the designated representative shown below, contacted us about your case. Some of the key information given to us at that time was the following:

Caller indicated they are:
-- Applicant or Petitioner

Attorney Name:
-- Information not available

Case type:
-- I485

Filing date:
-- 12/29/2005

Receipt #:
-- WAC-XX-XX-XX792

Beneficiary (if you filed for someone else):
-- Information not available

Your USCIS Account Number (A-number):
-- XXXXXXXX7

Type of service requested:
-- Outside Normal Processing Times

The status of this service request is:

Based on your request we researched the status of this case. We are actively processing this case. However, we have to perform additional review on this case and this has caused a longer processing time. If you do not receive a decision or other notice of action from us within 6 months of this letter, please call customer service at the number provided below.

XM:84

If you have any further questions, please call the National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283.

Please remember: By law, every person who is not a U.S. citizen and who is over the age of 14 must also notify the Department of Homeland Security within 10 days from when they move (persons in "A" or "G" nonimmigrant status are exempt from this requirement). If you have moved, please complete a Form AR-11 and mail it to the address shown on that form. If you do not have this form, you can download it from our website or you can call the National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283 and we can order one for you. If you move, please call us with your new address information as soon as your move is complete. If you have already called us and given us this information, you do not need to call again.

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services

Thanks ... do I have any options like going on an info pass OR something ..... also, should'nt I be receiving via U.S. mail the status update (last year when I opened a SR they sent me the status in US mail, the content of which is pretty much the same as the one I received in email this time)

Any updates for October?

Hello folks,

I have been using this forum as guide for my painful way to GC for a couple of years.
Thank you everybody for creating this tool that provides some light in the darkness of USA immigration.

My priority date is Apr 2002 and the I485 was received on Apr 30 2007. I was fingerprinted in early May 2007 and since then, nothing else. (EB3/Mexico)

I have tried POJ and SR ways to find out what's holding it but so far no luck.

I'm almost sure the problem is with the name check since everytime I travel outside the US, they give a hard time at the port of entry since my name raises a flag and I'm sent to secondary inspection.

Do you know an effective way to clear the issue with the FBI?
I just called again using the POJ method to TSC but the IO refused to give any information, saying that's not the number to request updates.

Thanks.

Card production ordered...

No email just updated status. I know I got it becuase of CC and I know they were not considering me CCed until I asked the congressman's office to confirm that they use my wife's contry of chargeability

did they approve using cross chargeability??

I have requested CC for my wife at least 3 times from 2007. No luck as of now.

EB3
PD 09/2002
primary approved
spouse pending still for 6 years

Card production ordered...

No email just updated status. I know I got it becuase of CC and I know they were not considering me CCed until I asked the congressman's office to confirm that they use my wife's contry of chargeability
Congratulations mmubeen
Enjoy the green :)