Concurrent Filing - Using Cross Chargeability

Does anyone know some good website links that could provide me some definitive info on the pros and cons of using AC21 clause to change jobs? I googled and came across a lot of websites, but the information provided seems ambiguous, or at best, incomplete.

Things are getting pretty bad for me at work, and I might have to use AC21 and switch jobs soon. I hold a MSEE degree and I'm now 2 months away from getting my MBA in Technology Management. My manager only holds a BSEE and sees me as a big threat to him, but he has some family-related "contacts" in the senior executive management of my company, all of which has been leading to a lot of dirty politics at my workplace. Quite frankly, I'm been dealing with this for the past few months hoping that I could get out of there as soon as I get my I-485. But since I don't see that happening anytime soon, I'm now looking at the AC21 alternative more seriously as well.

If anyone could please provide a link to some useful information, I will greatly appreciate it.

Does anyone know some good website links that could provide me some definitive info on the pros and cons of using AC21 clause to change jobs? I googled and came across a lot of websites, but the information provided seems ambiguous, or at best, incomplete.

Things are getting pretty bad for me at work, and I might have to use AC21 and switch jobs soon. I hold a MSEE degree and I'm now 2 months away from getting my MBA in Technology Management. My manager only holds a BSEE and sees me as a big threat to him, but he has some family-related "contacts" in the senior executive management of my company, all of which has been leading to a lot of dirty politics at my workplace. Quite frankly, I'm been dealing with this for the past few months hoping that I could get out of there as soon as I get my I-485. But since I don't see that happening anytime soon, I'm now looking at the AC21 alternative more seriously as well.

If anyone could please provide a link to some useful information, I will greatly appreciate it.
http://www.immigration.com/improving_immigration/conference_calls.html

I do not know if you have "h"eard these but I have, specially from towards the end of last year and there were quite a few discussions based on AC21 and the pro s and cons as brought up by ppl in questions. Maybe of help to you.

Last edited by a moderator:
http://www.immigration.com/improving_immigration/conference_calls.html

I do not know if you have feard these but I have, specially from towards the end of last year and there were quite a few discussions based on AC21 and the pro s and cons as brought up by ppl in questions. Maybe of help to you.
Hi MMU,

Thanks so much for your quick response. I presume you meant "heard" and not "feard" .... if there's something for me to be bothered or afraid about, please let me know. I wasn't aware of this archived calls link, but will do so this weekend. Thanks so much once again.

Whatever criteria they use to work they either seem as miracles or nightmares. Thats what results from not having any method to their madness.
MMU, I agree. And leave alone the fact that you need to keep paying for renewals of your EAD and AP for lack of efficiency on their part -- and once applied, the fees are non-refundable, in the event that your I-485 gets approved before the EAD/AP. How convenient.

Thanks Still.
Glad to see that you are still visiting this forum periodically.
Thanks for all the help. This forum has been immensely helpful (and addictive!!)

Received the cards for both of us in the mail yesterday.
Like someone mentioned in this forum earlier..'the shackles are undone...'.
This forum has been immensely helpful and a big thanks to everyone (including old timers). This forum has a wealth of information (enough to start a law firm ;))
Good luck to everyone else waiting to go green. Hang in there!!!

I called NSC again this morning, using POJ, and was able to get hold of an IO .... I was told to wait till September-end and then call back if the website does not show any change in the case status by then. I was trying to find out if my case was at least assigned to an officer and if everything else looked OK, but she was extremely unfriendly and didn't entertain my call much. She told me that she cannot see anything more than what I can see on the case status website. What b***s***!!! All of this is so ridiculous.

I called NSC again this morning, using POJ, and was able to get hold of an IO .... I was told to wait till September-end and then call back if the website does not show any change in the case status by then. I was trying to find out if my case was at least assigned to an officer and if everything else looked OK, but she was extremely unfriendly and didn't entertain my call much. She told me that she cannot see anything more than what I can see on the case status website. What b***s***!!! All of this is so ridiculous.

umass,
It appears that you were speaking to a cust service rep rather than an IO. I got a similar response from a cust service rep who asked me to call back in July. IOs usually have more info on your case (whether its been assigned, in review etc) unless of course you spoke to an IO who was having a really bad day :-(
My suggestion...call them back in a couple of days.

umass,
It appears that you were speaking to a cust service rep rather than an IO. I got a similar response from a cust service rep who asked me to call back in July. IOs usually have more info on your case (whether its been assigned, in review etc) unless of course you spoke to an IO who was having a really bad day :-(
My suggestion...call them back in a couple of days.
Hi Hu,

Nice to still see you around here .... its funny you should say that, because I actually got hold of customer service rep twice when I called in the morning ..... but I was able to get hold of an IO after another hour or so ..... and what I posted earlier was what an IO @ NSC told me :-(

When I talked to the customer service rep at their main center the first time, I told her what I was calling about ..... and I said I believe my I-485 is outside the normal processing times .... to that, she replied "and what makes you think so sir?" .... so I told her that the website says July 11,'07 for employment-based I-485s at NSC blah blah ..... and she said "do you know what those dates mean sir?" and then went on to give me a bunch of bull ..... and then said "I don't know how you people calculate the CIS processing times when even we don't know what's the exact processing time and which individual case is in, and which is out of that time period. Well, keep checking the website sir, it will show you the latest case status. Thank you for calling Immigration."

I wonder if the caller before me really gave her a hard time.

That is huge and very very dissappointing. I hope when TSC comes back stronger they will look our way. It seems like it is all NSC right now.

That is huge and very very dissappointing. I hope when TSC comes back stronger they will look our way. It seems like it is all NSC right now.
Hi MMU,

Don't forget that my case is actually at NSC ..... quite simply, I think there's no logical manner in which cases are being processed :-(

On a side note, maybe I should update my signature to indicate that my application is pending at NSC :)

Another Cross Chargeability success story

With PD of 9/2006 (PERM) and birth country India, I would have been looking at another 4-5 years probably. Luckily wife was born in Libya so applied using CC and 16 months and many RFEs later finally got the magic 'Card Production Ordered' email out of the blue.
I had no LUD on 485 since FP in Jan, 2007. Wife was pregnant in 2006 at time of filing (blessed with beautiful baby boy) so couldn't get chest XRay after positive skin test. She got RFE on it, a day after my 485 approval, and hers was approved in a week after sending clear XRay evidence.
Original EB3 RIR Labor filed in May 2003 finally got approved Aug 2007 after 485 was pending with new EB2 PERM. so counting that, the journey took 5 years.

Good luck to all of you .. this forum has been really helpful and reassuring.

Hi Kothrud,

Congratulations !!! Your case gave me some hope for a few, because our PD, I-485 RD and FP dates are relatively close (within 2-3 months) ... but I noticed that you had an RFE in 07/07, so your case was looked at a long time ago ..... so I guess that bursts my bubble, because my LUD is still 3/28/2007 .....

But congrats for the GC and for the baby boy as well ..... enjoy the freedom ! :)

Thanks guys ... and best of luck for you guys. umasslowell2002 the 7/07 RFE was for I-140. For the 485 i had absolutely no LUD after FP in 1/07 till 3/08.
I never called USCIS or went for INFOPASS, made the lawyer do all the work. I had then open SR in Nov and USCIS replied saying 'waiting for visa num' so clearly they were not considering CC. So i had the lawyer send a letter to USCIS asking to use CC in Jan. Nothing happened after that, so in Feb the lawyer again opened another SR. and the action plan was to contact the AILA Liaison if USCIS did not respond favorably. The second SR got their attention and they approved the 485 never got a response for the second SR.
There have been people who filed after me who got theirs approved before me, so i would suggest have your lawyer send SRs. After 3 SRs if you get same response then ask the lawyer's AILA liaison person talk to USCIS.

I just saw on TRACKITT that some people who got their I-485s approved had seen changes to their I-140 LUDs a few days before approval of their I-485.

I felt that weird, but thought of adding my I-140 case back to my CIS portfolio again ... as seen in my signature below, I had upgraded from Regular to Premium processing of my I-140 on 4/10/2007, and my I-140 got approved on 4/12/2007. As such, after seeing this approval I had deleted this case from my Portfolio a long time ago.

So .... after seeing some comments on TRACKITT, I added it to my Portfolio again, and I'm seeing a soft LUD of 2/24/2008 on my I-140 that was already approved on 4/12/2007. Does anyone have any idea as to what this soft LUD could be for, and what it could possibly mean or indicate? I'm totally baffled as to why there would be a soft LUD on my I-140 that is already approved over a year ago.

I am pretty sure that is just some sort of internal housekeeping or something. I had the same happen to me, I40 was approved 8/07 and out of the blue there was a LUD on the approved 140 in 01/08, but no LUD on 485. Then 485 approval in 03/08. I want to give you hope, but that LUD means nothing.
To take it even further LUDs on approved 140s happen on a Sunday, mine did too, which makes me think its some batch script.

I got RFE email notices for both my and my wife's AOS cases. Is it a good sign or bad one? I don't know what kind of additional evidence they want yet...

Is there any chance that my case will be rejected (my 140 has been approved)...