Concurrent Filing - Using Cross Chargeability

LUD's /RFE

Guys,

I got a LUD on my 485@NSC...the mesg's like "we mailed a notice requesting additional evidence and/or information in this case. Please follow the instructions on the notice to submit the evidence and/or information requested. This case will be held in suspense until we either receive the evidence or the opportunity to submit it expires"

Questions
Does this come to me or the attorney?
How many days does this take to receive from NSC to Eastcoast?
How many days do we have to reply ? I recall USCIS implementing a
shorter duration for the RFE's to be responded...did that take effect..

Kindly advice...
Thnx

it takes from a week to 10 days to receive the RFE

Guys,

I got a LUD on my 485@NSC...the mesg's like "we mailed a notice requesting additional evidence and/or information in this case. Please follow the instructions on the notice to submit the evidence and/or information requested. This case will be held in suspense until we either receive the evidence or the opportunity to submit it expires"

Questions

Kindly advice...
Thnx

1.) It should go to your attorney. however, there have been cases in the past when the CIS sent 485 RFEs to the applicant directly. Either way, you or your attorney should get it in about 10 days. CIS system is a bit screwed up, so when they say they have sent an RFE, they usually send it a few days after. Thats how it takes from a week to 10 days to receive the actual letter.

2.) they usually give you 12 weeks to respond.

My Suggestion: Do not worry. Its a bit early that they have looked at your 485 considering the slow speed of NSC. So my guess is that its gonna be a small thing related to Birth Cert., medical or something very minor.

good luck!

Guys,

Questions

Kindly advice...
Thnx

Hi dbins,
I know it seems a little disconcerting, but I'd actually say that this is a good thing, because now you know that they're actively working on your case. Moreover, note that if your name check is clear, they'd approve your case within 60 days after sending in the RFE Response.
Now. That said, first things first.
a. The RFE should come to your attorney of record.
b. It should arrive end of this week or early next week.
c. The RFE document itself would have a "reply by" date. It used to be 60 or 90 days, but you are correct in that they introduced a flexible date policy, wherein the Immigration Officer stipulates the date. Usually about a 30/45/60 day period is probably what you're looking at, so you have plenty of time.

Let us know when you find out what its for. You're getting closer to the end zone!!!

Change in LUD…. Probably because of FP

Question:
Do we get FP for EAD as well?

One of my co-worker was advised by office at ASC center to do FP for the EAD at the same time even though he didn’t receive anything specifically for it. He went for FP yesterday at the same location.

I completed my FP for 485 only.

Please advice.

Thanks,
VS

No additional LUD after my fingerprinting

Hi guys,

I really hope that someone can advise me on my situation. I had my fingerprinting on May 30th the next day LUD appeared indicationg the same day. However, there was no additional LUD after that. I know it is not a big deal, but I noticed that most people get 2 LUDs after their fingerprinting. Does it mean I stucked with my name check?

All EB categories current?

Just saw that all employment based categories for all chargeabilities "current" in July 07 visa bulletin ! Thats a significant movement from what was reported in the last bulletin.

Just saw that all employment based categories for all chargeabilities "current" in July 07 visa bulletin ! Thats a significant movement from what was reported in the last bulletin.

Yep!!

Now that everybody and their uncles can file (and I'm happy for them), what it does mean though is that 485 processing dates probably move back further. Hopefully not too much further. I just hope that the 3-4 months that some of us have gained by filing early this year come of use down the line in the approval, but now I guess I realistically don't expect a GC till the end of this year, that too if I'm lucky.

can i apply i-485 while I-140 is in process

Hi,

I have applied I-140 for Substitute Labour(2005) as a future employee on May 3rd 2007..even i received receipt number...So my question is.....

As I-485 is current date...can i apply for that.....??

Please kindly suggest what can i do next...
Thanks !!

I guess we are screwed big time....

Now that everything is current, 485s filed before retrogression will get precedence over ours. Does anybody have any idea how this will affect our 485 processing ?

One more Q:

Do they work on 485s based on the applicants' native country OR they simply follow the Receive Date and process applications according to that.
If they go by country then we can still survive this huge flood of apps since ours are not India & China...any idea?

Change in LUD…. Probably because of FP

Question:
Do we get FP for EAD as well?

One of my co-worker was advised by office at ASC center to do FP for the EAD at the same time even though he didn’t receive anything specifically for it. He went for FP yesterday at the same location.

I completed my FP for 485 only.

Please advice.

Thanks,
VS
VS,
You only need to go to the ASC for the EAD if you filed the EAD/AP online I believe. Other than that, if you sent in the forms via mail you do not need to go for any biometrics apart from the AOS one.

Yep!!

Now that everybody and their uncles can file (and I'm happy for them), what it does mean though is that 485 processing dates probably move back further. Hopefully not too much further. I just hope that the 3-4 months that some of us have gained by filing early this year come of use down the line in the approval, but now I guess I realistically don't expect a GC till the end of this year, that too if I'm lucky.

Yup, sucks for those already filed, but good for the folks who haven't been able to even file for AOS.
Now that our visa numbers are available regardless of country of chargeability, CC becomes kind of moot; but its always better in the long haul. There is no guarantee that India/China may not retrogress in the future, so in my opinion, charging the visa to ROW is desirable.

Now that everything is current, 485s filed before retrogression will get precedence over ours. Does anybody have any idea how this will affect our 485 processing ?

One more Q:

Do they work on 485s based on the applicants' native country OR they simply follow the Receive Date and process applications according to that.
If they go by country then we can still survive this huge flood of apps since ours are not India & China...any idea?

Yes, the work off of the RDs.
Not just that, but for folks stuck in the name check backlog, this might be worse. Imagine the sheer volume of new name check requests that the FBIs going to have to deal with; on top of their existing backlog of some 300K + pending requests.

Yes, the work off of the RDs.
Not just that, but for folks stuck in the name check backlog, this might be worse. Imagine the sheer volume of new name check requests that the FBIs going to have to deal with; on top of their existing backlog of some 300K + pending requests.

Ks and others,

I know they go by RD, but isn't there also a per country quota? So someone from a country different from India/China with much later 485 RD could get a GC before Indians/Chinese with earlier RDs because the quota for India/China filled up, right?

I guess in a roundabout way I am asking if us CC filers have an advantage even if the dates don't retrogress back, in having our visas charged to countries where the queue is not as long as India/China ?

Thanks ks_cc,

Just one more question.

Is it normal to see no change in LUD for my wife after the FP?

There was change in LUD RIGHT after the FP but there is not change for my wife. She went this morning. We had our FP scheduled for different days (6/13/06 & 6/14/07).

Please advice.

Thanks,

No LUD change

Thanks ks_cc,

Just one more question.

Is it normal to see no change in LUD for my wife after the FP?

There was change in LUD RIGHT after the FP but there is not change for my wife. She went this morning. We had our FP scheduled for different days (6/13/06 & 6/14/07).

Please advice.

Thanks,

Hi vsaxena,

I have similiar issue. I found this thread, it might be helpful to you too.
http://boards.immigration.com/showthread.php?t=214982

best,
wen8

Last edited by a moderator:
I have applied for my 485 on 11/30/2006 under crosschargeability without any retrogression. Now since all the EB dates became current, how will the USCIS process the already filed 485 cases... Will the USCIS process the 485 applications based on priority dates or Notice dates? I am totally confused...

Also is there a chance that processing dates to retrogress from Aug 13, 2006?

Regards,
Kris

I have applied for my 485 on 11/30/2006 under crosschargeability without any retrogression. Now since all the EB dates became current, how will the USCIS process the already filed 485 cases... Will the USCIS process the 485 applications based on priority dates or Notice dates? I am totally confused...

Also is there a chance that processing dates to retrogress from Aug 13, 2006?

Regards,
Kris

Gokris,
CIS processes based on receipt date...at least that is the claim. So people who filed in 2004/2005 and then got retrogressed will get their turn.
As far as further retrogression in the future, it might likely happen for India and China. Retrogression in September 05 for EB2 was a shocker (Oct bulletin), as is the July 07 bulletin. I still feel that we're better off charging to ROW than not to circumvent any future visa unavailabilities that may arise.

Hmm...

Something tells me that we're not going to be getting any new cross chargeability folks in this forum at least through July and August. :)
Regardless of the visas being available, I hope folks who are filing and are eligible for CC, use CC to file AOS.