Concurrent Filing - Using Cross Chargeability

Human error...

pururwa said:
Could you please share your RFE about the typo on your wife's birth certificate and how you rectified that? Did you submit an affidavit to resolve the typo? I have similar case with some typos in the BC.
Congrats again
Thanks
Thanks. The RFE was that my wife's year of birth was typed as 1978 instead of 1975. This birth certificate (BC) was re-issued recently in 2003. We had the passport, original birth certificate and tons of other documents showing the same date and that the new BC was only a human mistake. The lawyer also wrote a letter to that effect and guess it was well taken by CIS.
What kind of typo did you have?
NOOPS

Last edited by a moderator:
reposting a quick questions for the CC gurus...

Hello:
I am getting my papers done via CC based on my wife' place of birth.
My wife needed to be out of US for a short period of time, i have all the signatures, paper work (485/140 etc) done. But the laywer says that she needs to be in the country for them to file the 485. They can very well file the 140 separately, but to file 485 we both need to be in the country.
just want to make sure if this is the case. I can wait ofcourse 2 more weeks and then do the concurrent filing-thats no problem.

Also mine/wife's H1B's are valid and we need to be out of the country around feb 2007. Is it safe to apply for AP (by end of Nov) along with the 140/485 concurrent filing- i was told its taking 3 months for AP is come thru. But then with AP i dont have to stick with my current employer.

Would be great if some of you could provide your valuable exp/inputs.

thanks all!

DD

DD_guy_here said:
Hello:
I am getting my papers done via CC based on my wife' place of birth.
My wife needed to be out of US for a short period of time, i have all the signatures, paper work (485/140 etc) done. But the laywer says that she needs to be in the country for them to file the 485. They can very well file the 140 separately, but to file 485 we both need to be in the country.
just want to make sure if this is the case. I can wait ofcourse 2 more weeks and then do the concurrent filing-thats no problem.

Also mine/wife's H1B's are valid and we need to be out of the country around feb 2007. Is it safe to apply for AP (by end of Nov) along with the 140/485 concurrent filing- i was told its taking 3 months for AP is come thru. But then with AP i dont have to stick with my current employer.

Would be great if some of you could provide your valuable exp/inputs.

thanks all!

DD

Your wife needs to be here to file 485.

It is ok to file for 140 before and you can file 485 when she is here irrespective of your 140(approved or under proc).

As regards the amount of time taken to get AP approval, check out the tracker, will give you some idea. Also have a look at the proc dates for your service center for AP.

-Still

Cosmetic changes

Anyone else notice cosmetic changes to case status online? Its pretty subtle, but the portfolio that lists the case now lists the 485 cases in upper case for the case description (like all others) rather than the camel case it used to be in. Moreover the message body itself has changed slightly and reads a little differently. For instance my wifes case now reflects what has been on the 800 number tracker all along...that the response to the RFE was recvd on Aug 4th and we should expect a decision in 60 days...(note, that was August 4th)....100+ days and counting. But c'est la vie.

POJ Lite?

Hey folks,

Not sure if I called someone at the VSC but I did manage to speak to a USCIS rep yesterday afternoon. I don't think it was the VSC for three reasons:
a. I chose option 3 after listening to the message till the end since it seemed most pertinent.
b. She did not have a northern New England accent...having lived in northern New England since the mid 90s, I would have known, she was from south of the Mason-Dixon for sure.
c. There was a lot of background noise, sounded like a call center.

BACKSTORY-
Regardless, back to the point. She was a very nice person and did answer my questions, but at the same time she seemed to be reading off her standard script which it took some effort on my part to deviate from and focus on my questions rather than hers.
I mentioned to her that we got an RFE for my wife's original birth certificate in late July which was answered the same day and the VSC received this on August 4th. I mentioned that the message states we should expect a decision within the next 60 days and since its been over 100 days I was calling to follow up.
NEWS & NOTES-
News coming out of this...
a. She actually apologized for the 60 day decision message not having come to fruition and being misleading. I wasn't expecting that.
b. Now, this will be of most interest to Radd and all of us at VSC filed around the same date. She checked the system and told me that the VSC is currently processing ONE CASE with a Notice Date of April 16th 2006, and ONE MONTH prior...so they're working on cases with NDs between March 16th and April 16th. I don't know if she was incorrect, since the USCIS online tracker says something different. I suspect she was thinking of the local processing time wherein St. Albans serves as an ASC. I didn't call her on it since it didn't occur to me. She said I'd need to be a little more patient and give it another 30 days.
I guess thats the standard response...but thought you folks might want to know...
Best
k

ks_cc said:
Anyone else notice cosmetic changes to case status online? Its pretty subtle, but the portfolio that lists the case now lists the 485 cases in upper case for the case description (like all others) rather than the camel case it used to be in. Moreover the message body itself has changed slightly and reads a little differently. For instance my wifes case now reflects what has been on the 800 number tracker all along...that the response to the RFE was recvd on Aug 4th and we should expect a decision in 60 days...(note, that was August 4th)....100+ days and counting. But c'est la vie.

Hi KS_cc,

After reading ur post I checked out our messeges, probably the only differ between urs and mine is that my proc center is TSC. I usually just log in check the dates on our 485s and logout.

My wife's messege header(second level) said ".....case pending"

Back to my understanding of the message regarding RFE, it says 60 days.....then it says "if FP/interview is not complete", which in our case is irrelevant, then the next phrase says "standard parts of case processing and have not yet been completed", now this is the black hole and then it further goes to state look up the case proc center dates.

Bottomline is we should expect nothing before proc dates overtake our RDs. But some exceptions can keep happening just adding to our frustrations.

-Still

ks_cc said:

Yeah I just did. Maybe they're upgrading their website - it was down for a couple of days and the skin of the rest of it looks diff.

vikram77,

Have you considered converting ur 140 to PP?

I am toying with the idea as I hear nothing abt the normal 140 cases in NSC anymore..

overboard said:
vikram77,

Have you considered converting ur 140 to PP?

I am toying with the idea as I hear nothing abt the normal 140 cases in NSC anymore..

I did think about it but then its not like the 485's going to come any sooner if the 140 is approved. I think I'll wait till the end of the year and then upgrade if nothing happens by then.

vikram77 said:
I did think about it but then its not like the 485's going to come any sooner if the 140 is approved. I think I'll wait till the end of the year and then upgrade if nothing happens by then.
Vikram,
Partially correct...but remember that they cannot adjudicate the 485 without the 140 being approved. Also note that with the 140 approval, you can extend your H for three year increments as opposed to annually.

ks_cc said:
Vikram,
Partially correct...but remember that they cannot adjudicate the 485 without the 140 being approved. Also note that with the 140 approval, you can extend your H for three year increments as opposed to annually.

Yeah I agree with you guys but I have a hard time convincing myself that our 485's will be approved anytime soon. Besides, I've already had to pay so much shazam to my os-so-efficient attorney that my employer insisted I use, that I'm trying hard to avoid paying anything more unless its absolutely necessary. On the other hand, it is a very tempting thing to do just so you know that your stuff is moving along and to be honest, I'm not really sure which way to go - what do you guys recommend?

I didnt know the thing about the H1 but since I'm just about to complete my first year on the H1 in December, it really isnt much of a concern.

vik

Renewals?

Its about that time. Radd et all who got their EADs and APs approved around or in May, anyone filed for renewal of these documents already? I believe the USCIS guideline is six months before expiration, but from what I understand most people file about four months before expiration. I'd err on the side of caution and was thinking about getting a headstart. Even if the 485 gets approved tomorrow, I'd rather have the peace of mind of having filed.
Which segues me into....my attorneys have been dragging their heels. So I'm leaning towards filing the renewals myself. I don't see the point in rewarding incompetence with financial remuneration. Any idea if I, as an A Applicant, am eligible to do this, especially since the first go around with the EADs and APs were through an attorney?

ks_cc said:
Its about that time. Radd et all who got their EADs and APs approved around or in May, anyone filed for renewal of these documents already? I believe the USCIS guideline is six months before expiration, but from what I understand most people file about four months before expiration. I'd err on the side of caution and was thinking about getting a headstart. Even if the 485 gets approved tomorrow, I'd rather have the peace of mind of having filed.
Which segues me into....my attorneys have been dragging their heels. So I'm leaning towards filing the renewals myself. I don't see the point in rewarding incompetence with financial remuneration. Any idea if I, as an A Applicant, am eligible to do this, especially since the first go around with the EADs and APs were through an attorney?

I think you have to file before 90 day... :confused: anyhow, you have to remember that assuming your 1st EAD's expiry date is 05/2006... your second EAD's expiry will not be the same as the first.. meaning a year from approval will be your expiry... therefore by applying so soon.. it would give you a much earlier 2nd EAD expiry date eg. 02/2007 ( assuming they are approved with regular speed - abt 2 mths) ..

However, I do have to agree with you.. I too would rather get it done then wait till the last moment as I am on EAD now.. & wouldn't want to jeopardise
my work or stay..

Yes, you are elligible to file yourself.. pretty easy too... they just need copies of I485 receipts, copies of EAD( both sides), marriage cert for derivative EAD and 2 photographs..

radd

radd said:
I think you have to file before 90 day... :confused: anyhow, you have to remember that assuming your 1st EAD's expiry date is 05/2006... your second EAD's expiry will not be the same as the first.. meaning a year from approval will be your expiry... therefore by applying so soon.. it would give you a much earlier 2nd EAD expiry date eg. 02/2007 ( assuming they are approved with regular speed - abt 2 mths) ..

However, I do have to agree with you.. I too would rather get it done then wait till the last moment as I am on EAD now.. & wouldn't want to jeopardise
my work or stay..

Yes, you are elligible to file yourself.. pretty easy too... they just need copies of I485 receipts, copies of EAD( both sides), marriage cert for derivative EAD and 2 photographs..

radd
Oh! I didn't even think about expiration of the renewed EAD. Thanks for your help Radd.
Anything to report on your end? Called VSC recently? I posted a few days ago reporting my conversation with a Customer Service rep....they're supposedly processing March and April cases regardless of what the Processing Time thing says. Of course the name check is a question mark though.

ks_cc said:
Oh! I didn't even think about expiration of the renewed EAD. Thanks for your help Radd.
Anything to report on your end? Called VSC recently? I posted a few days ago reporting my conversation with a Customer Service rep....they're supposedly processing March and April cases regardless of what the Processing Time thing says. Of course the name check is a question mark though.

Nothing on my end... gave up calling them.. it's just a waste of time.. got through once but didn't get any info.. Rep was not very friendly!! I guess now with H1 workload behind them.. they would have some time to look at the cases but as to getting approvals.. I guess we just have to wait and see..

radd

NO LUD after Code 2 fingerprinting

I haven't had much time to participate in the last few weeks. How you guys have been ?

Quick Question: I had a fingerprint appointment(Code 2) in Dec, but since I was going to be out of the country that time I went ahead and got it done recently at a local ASC. No LUDs on my 485 after that. Is it normal ? Or is it because I went earlier than my scheduled appointment.

I had a Code 3 appointment sometime back and I saw the LUD change after that.

Thanks

pururwa said:
I haven't had much time to participate in the last few weeks. How you guys have been ?

Quick Question: I had a fingerprint appointment(Code 2) in Dec, but since I was going to be out of the country that time I went ahead and got it done recently at a local ASC. No LUDs on my 485 after that. Is it normal ? Or is it because I went earlier than my scheduled appointment.

I had a Code 3 appointment sometime back and I saw the LUD change after that.

Thanks

Hey, been a while.

I didnt know there was something called Code <x> in fingerprinting. What's the diff? We've had just the one and saw LUD's the next day.

vik