Concurrent Filing - Using Cross Chargeability

Phone call conversation

Hi KS_CC (and others)

I got thru to a rep at the Natl proc center and not TX. Lady was nice. Asked about Name/Security check status said that since mine was not within proc date so she could not place an inquiry. When I asked abt the RFE 60 days has passed and I have not received any updates/notices, she asked me to call up TSC.

Updated tracker with individual center proc dates after they were released on the 30th of Oct.

-Still

StillPatient said:
Hi KS_CC (and others)

I got thru to a rep at the Natl proc center and not TX. Lady was nice. Asked about Name/Security check status said that since mine was not within proc date so she could not place an inquiry. When I asked abt the RFE 60 days has passed and I have not received any updates/notices, she asked me to call up TSC.

Updated tracker with individual center proc dates after they were released on the 30th of Oct.

-Still
Splendid. Now you can call TSC and if they question you about why you called them, you can state that the National Cust Service suggested you do so. Its been 90 days for me as well (wife's 485). Now, apparently my attorneys already placed an enqiry on the case at around 75 days and haven't heard back from USCIS yet. I'm nervous calling VSC myself since I was reading the VSC boards and apparently its a matter of luck at the amicable attitude of whoever you end up talking to at St. Albans. I would hate calling and get chewed out by an officer for using the POJ method, since they're apparently trying to discourage individuals from doing so.

nidhin_n said:
Hi
My Perm got approved under EB2 and I am thinkig of filing my I140 under Premium processing. I am noticing that EB2 I140 under premium processing is getting approved in less than a Week.

My question is in that scenario Should I get my 140 approved in a week and then file my 485 or file both concurrently? What are advantages and disadvantages of filing concurently or not concurrently?

Guru's Please advice....

Nidhin
Not sure if one is better than the other. I'd be of the opinion that I'd like to send the package just once and be done with it....hence concurrent...but thats just my opinion.

gz71 said:
She's not pregnant as yet . She sees an ob/gyn pertaining to this .
What can we do ?
I'd advise you to consult your OB. There might be some immunization shots that might be ok to take if she's not pregnant yet, but I'm definitely not qualified to state one way or the other. When you do get the medical notice, check to see what needs be done and run it by the OB to see if your spouse can take those shots...that would also depend of course on whether you folks are expecting at that time.

Radd

Radd,

You still there? You've been under the radar for a bit. Any updates on your end? When was your last LUD?

Thanks Ks_CC

Thanks for clearing up some of my questions, as req by the lawyer i have filled out 2 set of 140//485/765..etc etc docs for both of us. I am planning to doa concurrent filing of 140/485.

Now here is my question-- my wife needed to be out of US for a short period of time, i have all the signatures, paper work done. But the laywer says that she needs to be in the country for them to file the 485. They can very well file the 140 separately, but to file 485 we both need to be in the country.
just want to make sure if this is the case. I can wait ofcourse 2 more weeks and then do the concurrent filing-thats no problem. But just curios if you knew this is valid.

thanks1

DD

ks_cc said:
Radd,

You still there? You've been under the radar for a bit. Any updates on your end? When was your last LUD?

Unfortunately.. yes still hanging around... Last LUD was 04/25 for both of us.. no news after that... am planning to call CIS today.. lets see what happens..

radd

radd said:
Unfortunately.. yes still hanging around... Last LUD was 04/25 for both of us.. no news after that... am planning to call CIS today.. lets see what happens..

radd
Hi Radd
Any luck calling VSC yesterday?

I-485 Approved

ks_cc said:
Noops, based on my opinion and mine alone, the fact that you're with a center not the VSC makes me want to say that you're headed for an approval with 3-4 weeks of them saying that they got the response to the RFE. What was the RFE for?
Also note that Section 202 (a)(b) of the INA; the cross-chargeability clause; isn't well publicized, so not many folks know about it. I stumbled upon it after retrogression back in Oct 05 threw me for a loop. After that it was an uphill task presenting my "case" and "evidence" to my own freaking attorneys until they realized that I wasn't pulling this law out of my wazoo.

Hey KS_CC, your prediction was absolutely spot-on!!! Not sure how anyone could predict it with such accuracy but I'll give you full credit! There were absolutely no LUD change since(09/14/06) we sent the response to RFE (birth certificate typo). There were no LUDs even after request for CC was sent on 10/05/06. All of a sudden I got the "Magic" approval email yesterday. Not sure if it's due to the response to RFE or CC request letter. If it's the latter, then it all happened rather quickly, in less than a month since they received my request to apply Cross-Chargeability. CIS works in mysterious ways but KS_CC might have some ideas into it!!! Here are my details again:
NSC-EB2
140/485/AP/EAD: RD 08/10/05
PD 08/16/05
AP - 09/20/05 - approved
EAD - 09/20/05 - approved
140 - AD - 09/25/05
RFE for Birth Certificate typo on my spouse's certificate - 08/25/06
485 - Last LUD - 09/14/06 after responding to RFE
Request letter to USCIS to apply CC to my case based on spouse's place of birth - 10/05/06 (NO LUD)
I-485 approved - 11/06/06

Thanks also goes to this valuable forum and all the incredible contributors. Now that I have received my approval, I dont plan to stay away from this forum. I'll keep checking the forum and respond, where appropriate, to best of my knowledge.

NOOPS!

NOOPS said:
Hey KS_CC, your prediction was absolutely spot-on!!! Not sure how anyone could predict it with such accuracy but I'll give you full credit! There were absolutely no LUD change since(09/14/06) we sent the response to RFE (birth certificate typo). There were no LUDs even after request for CC was sent on 10/05/06. All of a sudden I got the "Magic" approval email yesterday. Not sure if it's due to the response to RFE or CC request letter. If it's the latter, then it all happened rather quickly, in less than a month since they received my request to apply Cross-Chargeability. CIS works in mysterious ways but KS_CC might have some ideas into it!!! Here are my details again:
NSC-EB2
PD 08/16/05
AP - 09/20/05 - approved
140 - AD - 09/25/05
Request letter to USCIS to apply CC to my case based on spouse's place of birth - 10/05/06 (NO LUD)

Thanks also goes to this valuable forum and all the incredible contributors. Now that I have received my approval, I dont plan to stay away from this forum. I'll keep checking the forum and respond, where appropriate, to best of my knowledge.

NOOPS!
NOOPS,
This is SO cool! Congratulations on your approvals. This is great. Glad I was able to call this one. CONGRATULATIONS!!

Cross-chareability using parents country of birth

Hi friends,
I am new to this forum and came across this board while searching for cross-chargeability issues.
Here is my situation. My EB-2 PERM application was filed in Nov 2005. The application was approved in Jan 2006 and the I-140 was filed in Feb 2006. The I-140 was also approved in Mar 2006.
Now, I am waiting to file for I-485 due to retrogression for EB-2 for Indian nationals. However both my parents were born outside India. My mother was born in Tanzania and my father was born in Sudan. Both of them moved to India in 1950s and I was born in 1974. My question is whether I could use cross-chargeability to one of my parent's country of birth for filing I-485.

Thanks for the replies.

Congrats NOOPS!!

NOOPS said:
NSC-EB2
PD 08/16/05
AP - 09/20/05 - approved
140 - AD - 09/25/05

NOOPS!

Could you please share your RFE about the typo on your wife's birth certificate and how you rectified that? Did you submit an affidavit to resolve the typo? I have similar case with some typos in the BC.

Congrats again

Thanks

yes you can use CC

rishjal said:
Hi friends,
I am new to this forum and came across this board while searching for cross-chargeability issues.
Here is my situation. My EB-2 PERM application was filed in Nov 2005. The application was approved in Jan 2006 and the I-140 was filed in Feb 2006. The I-140 was also approved in Mar 2006.
Now, I am waiting to file for I-485 due to retrogression for EB-2 for Indian nationals. However both my parents were born outside India. My mother was born in Tanzania and my father was born in Sudan. Both of them moved to India in 1950s and I was born in 1974. My question is whether I could use cross-chargeability to one of my parent's country of birth for filing I-485.

Thanks for the replies.

You can charge to one of your parents COB. Do you have enough proof to support that ?

NOOPS said:
NSC-EB2
PD 08/16/05
AP - 09/20/05 - approved
140 - AD - 09/25/05

NOOPS!

Hi Noops,

Congratulations.
Iam guessing you got the approval for both u and your spouse.

The tracker stands updated.

-Still

ks_cc said:
Hi Radd
Any luck calling VSC yesterday?

nope tried for 2 days but even the automated message couldn't retrieve my case info.. anyway.. am going to try again today.. see if I have luck today..

NOOPS... congrats man.. you deserve it.. Enjoy!!

radd

Thanks and Congrats to you too!

radd said:
nope tried for 2 days but even the automated message couldn't retrieve my case info.. anyway.. am going to try again today.. see if I have luck today..

NOOPS... congrats man.. you deserve it.. Enjoy!!

radd

Radd,
Thanks to you for starting this thread. I'm sure it means a lot to many a users. Congratulations to you on being NUMERO UNO on google for key words 'Cross Chargeability'!!!
NOOPS