Concurrent Filing - Using Cross Chargeability

I-140 & 485 filed concurrently

Hi All.....

I am new to this site. Here is my info...

I am from India and my wife is from Taiwan. I had filed my labor through PERM in Dec 05 and got the approval in April 06. I filed 140 & 485 concurrently on Jun 29, 2006 and within 15 days I & my wife had my Finger printing and EAD done and a week later they sent my advance payrole document. Now I am waiting for my 140 approval and hopefully then the 485. They were filed from NSC. Any idea how long will it take?

Can anyone tell me how can I know if my FP has been completed. I did have my I-140 & I-131 date changed to 8/12 and 485 date changed to 7/19 from the filing date of 6/29

pururwa said:
NSC is extremely slow and irritating while Texas is moving at a jet's speed. 485 processing has nothing to do with your I140, the only thing is that 485 can not be approved until the 140 is adjudicated.

Don't worry, you will get the FP notice in a few weeks if not in the coming week, its just that NSC's pace is really really slow.

Thanks Pururwa. Cant do much else but wait.

CCTracker

Hi All,

I am attaching/uploading the CCTracker.xls. I got the data primarily from this thread & the TX Tracker.
The 485 ND/RD column contains the later of the two dates. As we all know some of us had a long gap between these two dates(look to the beginning of the forum) so I took the later.
I put the category as EB2 for those I could not find as CC is good for EB2/EB1. And since we r using CC so I put the Category II as World for everybody.

Feel free to update this tracker.

My advance appologies in case of any mistakes.

-StillPatient

StillPatient said:
Hi All,

I am attaching/uploading the CCTracker.xls. I got the data primarily from this thread & the TX Tracker.
The 485 ND/RD column contains the later of the two dates. As we all know some of us had a long gap between these two dates(look to the beginning of the forum) so I took the later.
I put the category as EB2 for those I could not find as CC is good for EB2/EB1. And since we r using CC so I put the Category II as World for everybody.

Feel free to update this tracker.

My advance apologies in case of any mistakes.

-StillPatient

Thanks for making such a tracker.I would request everyone to update it.

just one suggestion can u include the date one had send a request for cc.as there are many people who had send the request after filling.and if u could include the center where it is being processed and whether transferred or not.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi plztoday,

I have added the colums to the xls, as requested. Please update(or fill) the data, you can also post the data on the forum and I can update it.

I added everybody as EB2, please change to appropriate value.

Again appologies if I entered any wrong data.

-StillPatient

Need CC clarification

Folks need some info!
I have been through this thread and it has really good info on applying 140/485 using CC. All the cases on this thread have been applicable to EB2 category and have seen NONE for EB3 :( .

My labour just got recently approved under EB3 :)
PD 08/2003.
I am from a retro country (India) but was born in Kenya-Africa. My question is

1. Is the visa quota for Kenya (EB3 ) current or is there is a delay inorder for me to apply my 485 along with my 140
2. Since I am the principal applicant and born in Kenya then do I have to take the extra step to highlifht my CC case or will it be processed by default for Kenya's quota?

I would really appreciate any help or clarification on this case.

Kali

kalibp said:
Folks need some info!
I have been through this thread and it has really good info on applying 140/485 using CC. All the cases on this thread have been applicable to EB2 category and have seen NONE for EB3 :( .

PD 08/2003.

1. Is the visa quota for Kenya (EB3 ) current or is there is a delay inorder for me to apply my 485 along with my 140
2. Since I am the principal applicant and born in Kenya then do I have to take the extra step to highlifht my CC case or will it be processed by default for Kenya's quota?

Kali

Hi Kali,

EB3 will not help for CC, but if you are the primary applicant then I think you can(not sure).

I would like to have Radd/KS_CC comments on this.

-StillPatient

kalibp said:
Folks need some info!

PD 08/2003.

Kali

Since u r the Principal applicant u don't have to use CC. CC is used if u want to file the case using ur spouse / parents country of birth as urs. u dont req that.

So in other words u dont have to take any extra step like highlighting as it will be processed by default under Kenya's quota?

StillPatient said:
Hi plztoday,

I have added the colums to the xls, as requested. Please update(or fill) the data, you can also post the data on the forum and I can update it.

-StillPatient

Thanks. I would like to req others to fill it up too.

hello kalibp

kalibp said:
Folks need some info!

PD 08/2003.

Kali
EB3 won't help since every country is retrogresses for EB3. You can not apply for 485 unless you are in EB2 (Kenya). One thing you can do is to get your labor approved in EB2 (perm) from some other employer and then you can go ahaead and file 140/485 concurrently. That would be much faster than waiting in EB3 queue to get your PD current.

StillPatient said:
Hi plztoday,

-StillPatient
StillPatient,

This is outstanding. Thanks for taking the time for doing this; it will help a lot. I'll post my details in this file and repost it soon.

Thanks again
k

pururwa said:
EB3 won't help since every country is retrogresses for EB3. You can not apply for 485 unless you are in EB2 (Kenya). One thing you can do is to get your labor approved in EB2 (perm) from some other employer and then you can go ahaead and file 140/485 concurrently. That would be much faster than waiting in EB3 queue to get your PD current.
Kali,
Agree with pururwa. EB3 is retrogressed (see the Visa Bulletin), so even though your country of chargeability is Kenya, its not going to help.

plztoday said:
Thanks. I would like to req others to fill it up too.

Hi plztoday,

Can you update the Excel file and repost it or post your details here and I can update the file and repost it.

-StillPatient

StillPatient said:
Hi plztoday,

Can you update the Excel file and repost it or post your details here and I can update the file and repost it.

-StillPatient

I am so sorry actually i made the changes but didn't uploaded it. As a result it never showed. but this time i did it.

Hi plztoday,

I updated your info in the changed Excel file.

Please delete the file that you have updated on ur computer and save this one foe updations.

Also let me know if ur RD/ND is the same as CC Request send date also ur proc/app receiving center info.

-StillPatient

StillPatient said:
Hi plztoday,

Please delete the file that you have updated on ur computer and save this one foe updations.

Also let me know if ur RD/ND is the same as CC Request send date also ur proc/app receiving center info.

-StillPatient
yes my ND is the same as CC request (07/07/06)
My app recv center was TSC but it got transfered on 31st july'06 to NSC.

I think BrittanySpear's both application and processing center was TSC.

StillPatient said:
Hi plztoday,

-StillPatient

Hi, StillPatient

I added some details of nitin, Zoujo, williamtt which I had found in the forum.I added a sheet showing their details too.U can verify.and then delete the extra sheet.

just wanted to make this tracker more informative.

Thanks,

Plztoday.

I have a question about name check

Hey folks,
Is there a way to find out if 485 name (security?) check has been cleared?
Or even to find out if at all the name check has been requested by CIS from FBI ?
I have heard about cases when CIS didn't even ask for the name check until the lawyer/applicant inquired about the status, and that makes me nervous.

I have found out that you could email at CSC-XII.140@dhs.gov for CSC cases and an officer replies to them sincerely. One guy at Murthy said that this email actually helped him get his case from deep under the pile to the top of it. Is there any similar email for NSC ?

FYI..updates

10/03/2006: H-1B Processing Backlogs and Potential Light at the End of Tunnel

* The Service Centers, particularly VSC, are experiencing a substantial delays in the processing and adjudication of the petitions. The backlog has presented a number of problems to the H-1B employers and aliens.
* Unconfirmed sources indicate that the agency is targeting at removing the backlog by the end of October 2006. VSC has been experiencing processing delays due to the surging H-1B petition filings.
-----
09/27/2006: Bravo, USCIS, for Amending Yates AC 21 Memorandum Precluding Service Centers from Issuing RFEs for Post-Filing Issues for I-485 Portability Prior to I-140 Approval

* AILA has just released USCIS AC 21 Memorandum of Michael Aytes, then Acting Director of Domestic Operations on December 27, 2005 which amended the so-called Yates AC-21 Memorandum of May 12, 2005. The Aytes Memorandum states that the new memorandum just reinterated the Yates memorandun except the change in its policy on processing and adjudication of ported I-140 petition and I-485 application before the approval of I-140 petition.
* The change was unknown to the immigrant community until it is released today. Indeed the change has been in effect since December 27, 2005. The change include the issue of whether the Service Centers could issue RFEs for the post-filing issues of I-140 petitions which have been ported afterwards before it was approved. The most important post-filing issue since that time was employer's financial ability to pay. The employer's income or financial ability could have changed after filing of I-140 petition. Under the Yates memorandum, the Service Centers were permitted to issue such RFEs to resolve the issue, but Aytes memorandum precluded the Service Centers from issuing the RFEs.
* This raises an interesting question of potential motion to reopen of certain denials of I-140 petitions on the Service Centers' issuance of RFEs and denied I-140 portability and denied accompanying I-485 applications. People who experienced such denial in violation of the Aytes Memorandum after December 27, 2005 may immediately seek legal counsel to review availability of relief.
----------