Concurrent Filing - Using Cross Chargeability

ks_cc said:
Vikram! This is awesome. Congratulations bud! At least you're in now. Fantastic! Yeah, I bet that she was feeding you that line because she didnt want to check.

Thanks a lot ks. Boy, does this feel good. I took a lot of pleasure updating my signature :)

could you pls share your receipt numbers?

vikram77 said:
Thanks a lot ks. Boy, does this feel good. I took a lot of pleasure updating my signature :)
Thats good news Vikram,
Could you pls share your receipt numbers like LIN-06-144-XXXXX format ?

Sure. Edited my signature. All 6 receipts have the same day of year and service center code.

Last edited by a moderator:
Please Decipher the Acronyms!

Hi Folks

I'll be filing my 140/485/131/765 this week. Can you please let me know what information you want me to put on the tracker - i.e. what AP/RD/LUD mean etc.

Thanks

EB2/CA
LCA PD - April 27, 2004
LCA Approved - July 20, 2006
Rest of World

TempusFugit said:
Hi Folks

I'll be filing my 140/485/131/765 this week. Can you please let me know what information you want me to put on the tracker - i.e. what AP/RD/LUD mean etc.

Thanks

EB2/CA
LCA PD - April 27, 2004
LCA Approved - July 20, 2006
Rest of World
Welcome aboard TempusFugit,
Acronym's deciphered...
AP: Advanced Parole (Travel document)
RD: Receipt Date (Date when the good folks at the USCIS receive your applications)
ND: Notice Date (Date when they issue you some written correspondence about your case(s), such as filing receipts)
AD: Approve Date (The most wonderous of them all; the date when you applications are approved)
LUD: Last Update Date (The date when someone at the USCIS touches your case for some processing and this triggers a LUD in their system...in other words, the date which causes your anticipation to rise). Note, sometimes routine system maintenance causes an LUD change, so don't put too much stock in it.

When you do file your applications and get tracking numbers, you can go to the USCIS website, create a profile for yourself, enter your case numbers and can consequently track them through the lifecycle. You can also sign up for email alerts, that send you email whenever something momentous occurs with your case.

Best
ks

Congrats Vikram. It sure is a good feeling. I sure can tell you that after having gone through a tedious process of getting the applications accepted.

Cheers!
Navneet

Any of you guys have any idea abt 140 "successor in interest" filing?

Is it like a normal 140 or is it different in terms of approval times etc?

overboard said:
Any of you guys have any idea abt 140 "successor in interest" filing?

Is it like a normal 140 or is it different in terms of approval times etc?
Overboard,
No idea....I did google for it, and found this:
If the sponsoring employer gets merged or gets bought by another company, whether the whole green card needs to be done again or not depends upon the nature of the merger or buy. If the new company is the successor of interest and takes over everything and your job duties remain same at the same location(job location change within the commuting distance of original job location is fine), the green card process does not need to be done again, otherwise everything needs to be done from scratch. (If I-140 is approved, the previous priority date can be used, though).
I googled for "I-140 + successor in interest", did not come across any particular thing about how to file such cases and if they're any different.

update

Hey folks

Finally found out what the RFE was about on my wife's 485. The USCIS requested for a translated version of her birth certificate. Apparently the attorneys had the birth cert translated but forgot to include the translated copy when they sent the papers the first go around. So, long story short, they had it on hand and sent it back within a day, hence the RFE Response Recvd message came about as quick as it did....a little over a week for the whole thing.

ks_cc said:
Hey folks

Finally found out what the RFE was about on my wife's 485. The USCIS requested for a translated version of her birth certificate. Apparently the attorneys had the birth cert translated but forgot to include the translated copy when they sent the papers the first go around. So, long story short, they had it on hand and sent it back within a day, hence the RFE Response Recvd message came about as quick as it did....a little over a week for the whole thing.

Good thing it wasn't anything major, ks. Ever thought of getting into the immigration business? :D

vikram77 said:
Good thing it wasn't anything major, ks. Ever thought of getting into the immigration business? :D
:)

Getting into the immigration business...hmm...sounds lucrative. Take exorbitant fees and then be generally unavailable to help :)
I guess that's generalizing....there are tons of fantastic attorneys out there, the law offices of Rajiv Khanna & Murthy come to mind.

dbins01 said:
Sent u a private Megs, kindly check
Where's RADD these days?
Hi dbins, I replied...let me know if thats what you're looking for.
I exchanged messages with Radd a couple of weeks ago...dunno where he is now...perhaps his 485 got approved and he's sitting on some warm tropical beach.

Brittany..

BrittanySpears,
You mentioned an RFE on your 485 applications a few weeks ago. I've done some digging and seems like a 485 adjudication occurs not too long after RFE response. If thats true, then you may see some good news verrry soon. Although there aren't any stats on this, so don't quote me on this.

KS CC
Yeah...I thought my 485 approval would be really fast after USCIS received RFE response.....but no luck yet....Hopefully will see something soon..Cant wait..I kinda have got used to checking the status first thing in the morning then this forum and then keep checking back on the status and so on and so forth....

ks_cc said:
Hi dbins, I replied...let me know if thats what you're looking for.
I exchanged messages with Radd a couple of weeks ago...dunno where he is now...perhaps his 485 got approved and he's sitting on some warm tropical beach.

Nope. still hanging around... am not checking this site as often as I'm busy with too many other things.. but I try to read as much post as possible when I do log in..

no news from VSC on my side..

radd