Concurrent Filing - Using Cross Chargeability

yep, my husband was the primary applicant(H1) and i am on(H4) born from a non retrogressed country.
We never did any enquiry thru our lawyer. Our lawyer is too lazy to do that..I did keep calling the 1800 no.. .out of cuirosity to listen to the automated status message which was always the same as on the USCIS website...
Also we never submitted our medical while applying our 485 so when we got a RFE to submit the same,we kind of were thinking that the approval should nearby once we submit that...

Brittany Spears said:
Application Type: I485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status

Current Status:

On August 18, 2006, after approving your application, we ordered you a new card. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready.

KS_CC /others,
I got my above mentioned approval email for me and my spouse on 19th august 2006. Though my sons 485 has also the same LUD but his message is still old(RFE recd) .No message change for him though..ANywyas I am ok with it .

KS_CC :- You are just too good..May be you should consider getting into immigration business....

SO finally Cross Chargeability worked for me...
MY husbands born in India and I too am an Indian citizen born in a non retro country... SO my birth country worked for us.....I am really grateful to myy parents who also never ever thought that my birth country would ever ever be useful for me in our future...

THis site was great...especially this forum...YOu guys are just too good....
I will pray really hard that you all get the same approval very very soon..

Congatulations!

-StillPatient

Spouse EAD Approved

Hi All,

My wife's EAD got approved on 18th, got email today(19th).[Check my signature]
EAD had LUDs of 18th and 19th.
AP was not approved, but had LUDs of 18th and 19th, like the EAD, without change in msg.

My attorney is yet to reply the RFE. Still working on it.

After BrittneySpears's 485 approval Iam getting a lot of hope.

-StillPatient

Brittany Spears said:
yep, my husband was the primary applicant(H1) and i am on(H4) born from a non retrogressed country.
We never did any enquiry thru our lawyer. Our lawyer is too lazy to do that..I did keep calling the 1800 no.. .out of cuirosity to listen to the automated status message which was always the same as on the USCIS website...
Also we never submitted our medical while applying our 485 so when we got a RFE to submit the same,we kind of were thinking that the approval should nearby once we submit that...

Congrats!! enjoy for GC...

radd

yes
we are very relieved with the very fact that we just bought our very first house a day before our 485 was approved and also received our H1 and H4 extensions till 2008 a day before 485's approval..
So all in all a good package offer.heee

Brittany Spears said:
yes
we are very relieved with the very fact that we just bought our very first house a day before our 485 was approved and also received our H1 and H4 extensions till 2008 a day before 485's approval..
So all in all a good package offer.heee
Wow! Full plate. Way cool Brittany. Now you can really enjoy your new house and be worry free! Did you move already or are you in the midst of it? Keep an eye on your old mailbox for the cards and please post a message when you receive your cards, and when your son gets his 485 approval as well.
Also, I was wondering if your husband's LUD changed along with yours before the 485 approval, or whether the LUD was on your case alone.
ENJOY!

pururwa said:
Could you or anybody tell me if univ 20hrs/wk employment is considered a part time employment and can be counted towards required exp for I140 ?
Please help, I would appreciate any pointers that you may suggest. I am really upset and frustrated that my case hasn't been approved yet even after having a Masters from a good univ.
Thanks.
Pururwa,
I think you can "bank" any pertinent job experience as pertains to the skills as appears on your labor petition, be it part or full time. I know that requirements for a labor cert mandate that it needs to be a full time job, 40 hrs/wk, but I am not certain the same applies while stating accrual of job experience and skills towards the I-140. Since the 140 is an employer thing, I'd verify with the employer and with the attorney.
I googled briefly and came up with not too much, but here:
http://www.immigrationportal.com/archive/index.php/t-201258.html
And the only other pertinent hit was a post made by you on this thread.
I'll ask around...

Brittany Spears said:
Application Type: I485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status

Current Status:

On August 18, 2006, after approving your application, we ordered you a new card. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready.

KS_CC /others,
I got my above mentioned approval email for me and my spouse on 19th august 2006. Though my sons 485 has also the same LUD but his message is still old(RFE recd) .No message change for him though..ANywyas I am ok with it .

KS_CC :- You are just too good..May be you should consider getting into immigration business....

SO finally Cross Chargeability worked for me...
MY husbands born in India and I too am an Indian citizen born in a non retro country... SO my birth country worked for us.....I am really grateful to myy parents who also never ever thought that my birth country would ever ever be useful for me in our future...

THis site was great...especially this forum...YOu guys are just too good....
I will pray really hard that you all get the same approval very very soon..

Congrats Brittany! Enjoy your freedom.

-Navneet

Thanks KS

ks_cc said:
Pururwa,
I think you can "bank" any pertinent job experience as pertains to the skills as appears on your labor petition, be it part or full time. I know that requirements for a labor cert mandate that it needs to be a full time job, 40 hrs/wk, but I am not certain the same applies while stating accrual of job experience and skills towards the I-140. Since the 140 is an employer thing, I'd verify with the employer and with the attorney.
I googled briefly and came up with not too much, but here:
http://www.immigrationportal.com/archive/index.php/t-201258.html
And the only other pertinent hit was a post made by you on this thread.
I'll ask around...
thats what I found out by searching the internet that full time job is required for labor approval, but part time can be considered towards counting the experience. Let me know pls if you find more on this. Thanks again.

AP got approved

Both my and my wife's AP got approved last week. My EAD got approved about three weeks ago. However, my wife's EAD is still pending. I'm the primiary applicant and we used cc. Is this odd?

Last edited by a moderator:
wondering99 said:
Both my and my wife's AP got approved last week. My EAD got approved about three weeks ago. However, my wife's EAD is still pending. I'm the primiary applicant and we used cc. Is this odd?
Hi wondering,
I don't believe that its uncommon...it should be soon...

Wife's AP approved

My wife's AP got approved[8/22].
Got email today[8/23], also LUDs of 8/23 on both AP and the approved EAD.

Got wife's EAD card in mail today[8/23]

The message for both,EAD & AP changed to:
This case has been approved. On August 22, 2006, an approval notice was mailed. If 30 days have passed and you have not received this notice,......

My Attorney confirmed that today she will be filing the resp to the RFE.
She said that she had attached the I94(xerox) attached to an approval notice, and did not attach the notice(zerox). As I have a lot(4-5) approval notices the officer might have got confused.

lets see what happens next.

Now I have only the my wifes's & my 485 left, hopefully this will be the last lap, with no more RFEs.

-StillPatient

Hey KS, anybody ? I140 RFE

As some of you may already know, there is an RFE raising questions about my university RA/TA experience. The labor required MS+3, and it is essential for me to prove that univ exp was related since I won't be meeting the requirements without that.

My Research Assistant exp was in the same field, so I won't be having problems in showing it as a related one. Now, for Teaching Assistant (TA), CIS has questioned that this TA job doesn't seem to entail the same job duties as listed on the labor. Since, in TA, I helped the professor in teaching the course and conducting the labs, it wasn't directly related to 'software development job duties' as listed on the labor. However, the courses I taught were very much related to the technology listed on the labor. Now, how should I prove that my TA exp. was in fact in line with the labor requirement.

Also, I meet the labor requirement even if we just count my RA exp and not count my TA exp. But, since the RFE specifically raised questions about the TA, my lawyer has suggested that we have to clarify in detail as to how that exp was a related one. And, after clarifying that we can add a line saying 'eventhough the TA exp was a related one, the candidate still meets the requirements even if we don't count it towards the required exp.' Any suggestions as to why my attorney is so interested in proving that this exp was a related one ?

My lawyer has also suggested that we should not only clarify the univ exp. but do the same with the other experiences also. That way things will be clearer to the CIS and will help in the I140 approval. Now, since I have to write the letter comparing the labor requirements with my previous experiences, I am wondering if any of you may help me with the "format" of this letter. any suggestions or pointers?