Concurrent Filing I140 & I485 Nebraska Service Center

Need info

Hi guys...

Where should I call to know the status of 485 application .....

I filed it concurrently on Aug 21st and hasn't received any docs from INS.....

Gurus need help....

Please do give me a number when it is filed to NSC.

EAD Question

Anybody ever go to Denver Colorado office to get EAD
just by walk in. Please share your experience

Anybody know Denver office phone number ?

Thanks

Thanks MMGGDD,

Thankyou very much for all your help and good advise.Sorry for the slow response ,as my internet connection was down the whole day.
Congratulations to you and your wife ,that finally your case has been entered into the system ,good luck to you and your wife for the rest of the process.I hope it will go smooth.

For my case ,I sincerly wish that this time INS will accept my case.

Also one more quick question please,did your friend file the I-140/i-485 through the concurrent filing ?

As per my lawyer ,INS issued ,immediately after the new procedures which allowed simultaneous filing of the I-140 and the I-485._ And this guideline provides that the original labor certification must included in I-140/I-485 filings.

Please let me ,if your friend filed the I140/485 under the new rule.

Thanks for your wishes.

Re: Dolly75

Hey Dolly75 good to see you back ,Well my friend filled his I-140 in somtime in May and then he filled his I-485 under the concurent rule this month ( sep ), and he never got any RFE because of the non avalibality of LCA. Did you talk to DOL about ur LCA ? or you can call INS ( same number ) tell them ur problem about the LCA and ask them how can you fill ur I-140 again or ask how can u get a LCA again from DOL ( INS guys are really helpful atleast i found them so even though it goes against the opinion of others, they defiantely will answer some of ur queries atleast worth a shot )

Waiting for Receipt

Today I called INS, the lady did not find my I485 case in the computer system. She suggested to wait for two more weeks. Called my lawyer, he said it usually took 4-6 weeks to get 485 receipt notice.

My lawyer filed my case on 09/11/2002. Are they any one filing around this time already got notice?

cgf2002

Hello
Its me two days after u. 9/13. I have not received receipt notice yet. I did not calle them. Let me know when u get that. Stay informed. Keep us posted.

Dont worry. Mine is concurrent filing though.

Re Cgf2002

Hey Guys,
I am also in same boat.......I applied I485-EAD on 09/13/2002......
my I 140 is pending with INS.......

All the best........

Shashi

hi cgf2002

I have filed 140 & 485 on 09/06/2002 still waiting for the receipts.
Hope sometime this week I will get! checks are encashed on
09-24-2002.

Nanaji

Onemorewaiting

U r lucky. We lot are waiting even though we applied at the same time as u.
Good luck.
Keep us posted.

Hmmmm

How you guys are able to talk to somebody at NSC....when I am getting engage tone all the time from yesterday???

What would be the best time to call INS at the 402 - 323 - 7830 number?

I tried 25 times may be....but no good...

Let me know.....:eek:

HaveBeenWaiting

HaveBeenWaiting, can you talk to your lawyer to
find out what is the Denver INS office phone number

Thanks

on line status check

All,
When I try to check the status of my case online, it always says "Case not found" while I am able to check the status on AVM successfully. I already have my FP done. My RD is 08/16 for I-140 and I-485.
Is anyone else seeing this problem? Is online status working correctly?

Greatly appreciate your response.
ssmk

Sahin,

Mine is also concurrent filing with two pending I-140s. One is EB1(a) and another is EB2/RIR.

On 09/30/2002, my EB1(a) was approved after checking AVM and online. My lawyer said he will withdraw EB2/RIR after receiving the EB1(a) approval notice to avoid confusion.

Still wait for I485/EAD receipt concurrently filed on 09/11/2002. Check is not cashed either.

Hi Everyone,

Can anyone explain the meaning and significance of RD and ND. How are they pertinent viz-a-viz ones I-140 and I-485 process.

Thanks

re : sachdev

RD (Receive Date) is the day INS receive your case

ND (Notice Date) is the day that INS start process your case

so if you have RD 10/1/2002 and ND 10/4/2002, INS will
process your case by ND date

To all that already receive receipt from INS, please post
your detail including LIN number

Thanks

Hi wxm8,

I don't think that local INS office will answer your call! Atleast I know, our Minneapolis INS office dose not. I would call the 800 number and then if they are unable to answer my questions, I will ask the phone numbers from them.
The phone numbers are:

Employer-related Immigration Matters (INS Office of Business Liaison):
Call 1 (800) 357-2099

Call the National Customer Service Center at
1 (800) 375-5283.

we will also find all information about Denver INS office from the following link:

Denver INS Office

Hopefully that will help. Let me know, if you need more information.
Thanks!

Hi ssmk,

You are not alone....
In my case, I filed I485/I140 concurrently and received RN & FP. My I485 is showing up online but the system could not find I140 case!!! But, AVM has both cases fine.

I am pretty sure that in INS, they do batch update after a certain period of time (how often???) to their databases, instead of real time update! So, we have to live with this, no choice.

Thanks!

Re : HaveBeenWaiting

Where are you located ?

Can you just go to Denver Office and apply in person for EAD ?
even though let's say you are in minneapolis ?

What did your lawyer actualy say regarding just coming
to Denver office and apply EAD in person

Thanks