Concurrent Filing I140 & I485 Nebraska Service Center

Update

Yesterday I gave my finger prints at INS office (Kansas) ………..

Waiting for approval of I-140 , EAD and I 485 ………..

Got I-140 RFE (Company Ability to Pay) replayed on Oct 19

I-140 RD/ND July 5 2002

EAD and I 485 RD/ND Sept 12 /Sept 26 2002

All the best…………

Shashi

I-140 Ref

Hi Sahin:

Are you on EB2 or EB3? Is your current wage above the prevailing wage? I think if your prevailing wage is much higher than current wage, it may raise flag on I-140 process. If you work with large company, INS may give you the benefit of double. However, in today's economy. it is unlikely to get labor cert if you work with large company due to mass layoff. And, if you work with small company. finanical of the company will be an issue in I-140 process. How ironic! Just keep up and hope you go well. I am still waiting for my I-140 approval and in same boat as you.

haibo

Thanks WXM8, Haibo, and others

Thank you guys very much. You guys are so helpful.

I honestly dont know what the RFE is all about as the way my lawer not get the Hard copy in my hand. If I need any help I will definitely let you know.

I am so frustrated about unseriousness about my company lawer.
Sometimes, I feel that I know much better law or technique than him. Offcourse he does not prepare cases, his assistant does. However, he did sign all the paper. Also, he is beleived to be a big lawer and get a big bugs paid by my company.

I hope he will answer the RFE in a efficient manner.

haibo,
I am on EB3.
My company is very large and did not lay off any people. It has 65000 employee world wide. The plant I work for has 8500 employee.Therefore, if the RFE is about company, it should not be a problem. Lets wait until I get the hard copy of letter. My wage is not higher that much than the labor certification. I have got only one raise, so the diffrence is very little. So this is not an issue, I guess. Only thing I am concerned is whether the RFE is about my qualification. I have four years bachelor CS degree. Still, I am scared. I have only worked 1 year and 4 month full time after my graduation. I hope this short duration of work is not an issue.

Thank you all for your advice. My ND was 10/3. Any body at this time should get their I-140 decision by today or within couple of days. I will keep you guys posted.

Good Luck guys.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have abig difference

Guys when my labor was filed I used to make 81K, and I had an rfe and the labor dept asked to put an ad and prove that the company didn't get any people. My company did do that and the ad said 81K and got labor approval at last. I got a big hike last year so my i140 says it is 100K. I work for a huge company with > 200,000 employees.
Will this be a problem ??
Ahhh INS ................

Re: Sad News

Sahin,

Don't worry about it. If it REF then it will delay for month or so. But it's not very big thing. I think we have some member they also got NOF at Labor stage and after replying information it was approved with little bit delay.

I think wxm8 did very nice work to put to geather faq, please go through it. it very comperihensive. You can find different reason for REF, but ,most probabally I belive your REF is same nature as your co-worker, find the information from him, and get ready that finacial document from company ASAP.

If you reply in time, then you won't loose too much time.

I am agree with your thinking about lawyer, I think he was not smart enough to for signt this kind of cinario/ situation. honestly i think it's his responsibilty so don't worry and follow-up with him.

Good Luck.

JB

Originally posted by Sahin
Yes, that is very true that INS is approving I-140 within two months. For me it is not even two months, still they started adjudicating my I-140.

I came to know that I have been issued RFE. I was always scared about thus. If I did not get this, it would have been approved yesterday.

Another person got RFE for this same company. They asked for Company's financial record. My lawer should have smart enough to add this along with the main application.

Sometimes, We suffered a lot because of lawer. I was too much need of having AP now. I dont know whether they gonna approve my AP or not until my I-140 get adjudicated.

Folks, who are going to apply for I140, please make sure you attach all the documents. Give each and everyhting. Overwhelming documents does not harm, but less document harms a lot. Keep in mind.

Approved....

My I-140 and EAd approved with same pattern.

I-140
RD 09/23/02
ND 10/07/02
AD 10/30/02

I-765
RD 09/23/02
ND 10/07/02
AD 10/31/02

No fingure printing date yet.

EB3 category, concurrent filing company with 400 people in chicagoland area with no major layoff recently (I have to wait for 6 month to file my labor because of last year layoff)

Lawyer was smart to send addtional finacial document while filing.
(it took one more week to get documents but now I think it was toatally worth it.)

I-131 and I-485 still same status as waiting.

Thanks,

JB

EAD and AP approved

Guys,

My wife's EAD and AP was approved on 10/29 and 10/31 resp. after my 1-140 was approved on 10/28. My lawyer didn't apply EAD and AP for me since as per the lawyer I have enough H1 time left.

Anyway, I feel that for concurrent filers, EAD can't be granted without i-140 validity. Hence INS glances at the i-140 and approves if that is a straitforward case resulting in faster 140 approvals in most of the cases.

Just my 2 cents.

AMN

What is the pattern for I140 approval. My ND is October 4th and RD is 1st October.

JBM i saw your ND was Oct 7th and Shanin was OCt 3rd. My status of I140 is still the same.

No Receipt numbers for I485, AD, & Ead for me and for my wife.

JBM please give some input.

I mean pattern for EAD approval after I-140 and my mean also was like ND wise also may be it was going by RD (I don't think it is ) but yours RD was after me and ND was before me, so that is only explaination now from me.

Have u file concurrently ?

Have u checked AVM lately ?

JB

Originally posted by m2002
What is the pattern for I140 approval. My ND is October 4th and RD is 1st October.

JBM i saw your ND was Oct 7th and Shanin was OCt 3rd. My status of I140 is still the same.

No Receipt numbers for I485, AD, & Ead for me and for my wife.

JBM please give some input.

hi JBM,

I filed conurrently my I140 and I485. I checked AVM this morning adn still says the same status Your I140..........bla ...bla.... etc.

If the pattern is by ND then your ND and Shanin ND is after mine..... hope to get it approved soon...

thanks for your reply and let me know if you find out some info.

AMV vs online checking status

Hi:
Which one has most current information, AMV or online status from INS web page?
Are these two supposed to have the exact same information.

Thanks

haibo

Re: AMV vs online checking status

Originally posted by haibo
Hi:
Which one has most current information, AMV or online status from INS web page?

I belive AVM

Are these two supposed to have the exact same information.

yes it should be in ideal world, but it is not same info in real world of ins.

Thanks

haibo

AP approved

My and my wife AP was approved yesterday ( 10/31 )

here are the details
RD---09/11/02
ND---09/24/02
AD---10/31/02

WXM please update the tracker

Hi all

Hi Sahin:
Dont worry man! two of my friends got RFE in I 140 recently
but once replied back within 2 - 3 weeks their 140 was approved.

JBm Sir: congrats!!:)

Puneeth: Thank you very much !
I hope everybody should get their GC within 6 months from filing
their I 485 man!

Hi all

Hi Sahin:
Dont worry man! two of my friends got RFE in I 140 recently
but once replied back within 2 - 3 weeks their 140 was approved.
I wish you good luck!

JBm Sir: congrats!!:)

Puneeth: Thank you very much !
I hope everybody should get their GC within 6 months from filing
their I 485 man!

Thanks Nanaji and JBM (Congratulations)

Thank you guys. You know why I am mad? I have planned my visit already with AP in the mid of december. I donno that might get cancelled.

Nanaji,

When did your friend apply, when they got REF and when they got approval again. Is this recent days. Is it concurrent filing. Please provide me some information.

Have a great weekend guys:)

where's the tracker?

Hi wxm8, could you let me know where to access your tracker spreadsheet? Thanks much!

Hi wx8, jbm, nanaji and other gurus. Small question to ask you guys. As you know I am still waiting for a receipt for my concurrent filing application sent on Oct 15th.

I am planning to change my address. I wanted to move to another apartment in my same apartment complex. But the apartment number would be different.

Is this recommended during I-485 stage (since I dont even have a receipt yet. Please give me your opinions

Thanks in advance !!!

Has anyone been waiting this long?

Hi everybody,

I'm just wondering if anyone has been waiting for I-140 approval for more than 6 months. My case is EB-2 NIW with RD and ND of 5/2/02 and 5/3/02 respectively, at the Texas Service Center though. The latest processing time published on 10/15 for the TSC showed they were processing cases with receipt date of 6/26/02 already!! I check the online status several times a day, but it is still showing "... it is taking between 175 and 200 days ...". I don't know what is going on at that center. What is worse is my company will have another round of massive layoffs around Thanksgiving. Feeling really frustrated and angry.

I know this forum is for the Nebraska center, but I found this place really helpful and friendly. I have seen quite a few I-140 cases approved within 2 months or even 1 month on this forum. I just want to get a sense of the typical or average processing time for I-140.

BTW, how can I access the tracker?

Thanks and have a good weekend.