Concurrent Filing I140 & I485 Nebraska Service Center

Finger prints done

I did my finger prints today.WXM update the tracker occurding to your schedule.

EAD and H4

JBM and Sahin, thank you for your posts.

Now I understand that if my wife works with her EAD, she will lose her H4 status. Now what I'm confused is: Will I lose my H1 status once she works with EAD? Thanks.

Re: Re : m2002

WXM8,

Could you add my case to the tracker?

I didn't expect my I-140 to be approved before next March or April, because I applied for EB1-EA, which takes 6-8 months. Supprinsingly, INS approved my I-140 in 2 and a half months. Below is my details.

I-140 EB1-EA
lin-02-261-5xxxx
MD: 08/13/02
RD: 08/14/02
ND: 08/14/02
AD: 10/29/02

I-485
lin-03-014-5xxxx
MD: 09/23/02
RD: 09/25/02
ND: 10/19/02
AD: waiting

I-765
MD: 10/28/02

Lao-Yi

:D

Certificate to certify non-availability birth certificate

Hello all-
I am planning to apply concurrently for I140 and I485.
I do not have my birth certificate and I understand I need to get an affidavit from my parents and a non-availability certificate.
Can some please advise:
1. what exactly does the birth certificate affidavit need to say? I someone can attach the language text, I would appreciate it.
2. How is this affidavit executed.
3. what exactly does the non-availability need to say? I someone can attach the language text, I would appreciate it.
4. How is this certificate executed? Who issues it and does it have to be from the place of birth?

Would appreciate e if you could share any dos/don'ts related to this step.
Thanks
Its_me:confused:

RD is ND in Online and AVM

Hello,
Consider the RD that you see on online and hear on AVM as your ND on receipt notice.

Re: EAD and H4

I believe when your wife starts using her EAD even your status will change to EAD. Just make sure.

cheers

Originally posted by cgf2002
JBM and Sahin, thank you for your posts.

Now I understand that if my wife works with her EAD, she will lose her H4 status. Now what I'm confused is: Will I lose my H1 status once she works with EAD? Thanks.

I 140 approved

Hi all,

I did my finger prints today. After coming back from INS Application support center I casually checked and my I 140 approved on 10/28/02.
Here are the details

EB2

Filed I 140, I 485, I 765 concurrently on 09/06/02.
I140 lin no : 02-289-52xxx
I 765 : 02-289-53xxx
I 485 : 02-289-53xxx

Receipt Date: 09/09/02
Notice Date : 10/01/02

I 140 AD : 10/28/02
I 765 : Waiting
Have not applied for AP.

JBM sir I checked my Labor Approval after ur suggestion,and came to know about my approval.

Now also I saw ur post and checked I 140 status online and it is approved!:) :)
Sachin: you will get approval within 3,4 days!
wxm8: Sir can u please update tracker?

Thank you all
once again!

Nanaji

It looks like, they are adjudicating I140 applications pretty fast now a days. Hope, they will keep it up! However, for I140 with RFE, it is still taking a while!

Dose anyone know, how long it typically takes to get a decision on I140 after sending the response of RFE back to INS? I received a RFE for my I140 on 10/7/02 and my attorney responded it next week, according to the online status, INS received it on 10/19/02. My RD for I140 is 08/22/2002.

Any one else on the same boat?
Thanks!

Re: Its_Me

Dude attached is the email i received from my lawyer when i was going through the filling situation of my 485, and here its is

Here is what the State Department's Foreign Affairs Manual says about birth
certificates:

Under the Registration of Births and Deaths Act of l969, births are

required to be registered in almost all of the States and Union

Territories of India._ Birth certificates are available to any applicant

born on or after April l, l970, upon payment of a nominal fee to the

appropriate authority.

In cases where birth certificates from the authorities are unavailable

or contain insufficient information regarding the birth or the parents,

a sworn affidavit executed by either the parents, if living, or other

close relatives older than the applicant, may be submitted._ It should

set forth the relationship between the deponent and the applicant, how

well the deponent knows the applicant, date and place of the applicant's

birth, the names of both parents, and any other related facts._ Such an

affidavit, when a birth certificate is unavailable, should be

accompanied by a document from a competent governmental authority

confirming that the certificate does not exist, or no longer exists.

HaveBeenWaiting
..I am in exact same boat....RFE replied on 10/19/02
let me know when urs approve

parshu

Re: Re: EAD and H4

Nop, I disagree with it.

If your wife will use EAD, it doesn't make any difference with your h1 status. you can be on h1 as long as your h1 expire or use your EAD.

On the other hand if you use EAD your wife will loose h4 (because h4 is always depedent on h1 not vice versa) so if loose h1 status by using EAD then your wife don't need to do anything if she is not working (as compare to h4), but to travel outside usa or work she has to use AP/ EAD combo.
(same thing once you use EAD, you have to use AP for travel outside of USA)

I hope this helps.

JB

Originally posted by m2002
I believe when your wife starts using her EAD even your status will change to EAD. Just make sure.

cheers

Re: I 140 approved

Congratulation Nanaji,

I think your EAD will approve with in couple of days after I-140 approve.

JB

Originally posted by Nanaji999
Hi all,

I did my finger prints today. After coming back from INS Application support center I casually checked and my I 140 approved on 10/28/02.
Here are the details

EB2

Filed I 140, I 485, I 765 concurrently on 09/06/02.
I140 lin no : 02-289-52xxx
I 765 : 02-289-53xxx
I 485 : 02-289-53xxx

Receipt Date: 09/09/02
Notice Date : 10/01/02

I 140 AD : 10/28/02
I 765 : Waiting
Have not applied for AP.

JBM sir I checked my Labor Approval after ur suggestion,and came to know about my approval.

Now also I saw ur post and checked I 140 status online and it is approved!:) :)
Sachin: you will get approval within 3,4 days!
wxm8: Sir can u please update tracker?

Thank you all
once again!

Nanaji

Re: Concurrent File receipt

As Sahin mention our ND (from recepit) will display online status as RD.

RD when INS receive mailed application
ND when INS enter application in to thier system.

I hope this helps.

JB

Originally posted by haibo
Hi:
I check online status. It appears it only list RD. Then, what is ND date use for? Is this the date that RD is posted on the web? I haven't get my receipts from filing my concurrent file on Oct 8, 02.

Thanks

haibo

RD & ND question

Hi jbm:

Thanks for your info. I have another questions. When I check on the online status today, It seems that some of Oct 4, 2002 for I-140 are approved. Can I assume that actual
RD may be in Sept, 2002? I guess I have a few more days to go since my ND is Oct 25.

haibo

Congratulation to nanaji , Lao-yi

Congratulation to nanaji , Lao-yi for your approved I-140

I am happy to hear that a lot of people start getting their
I-140 approved. Hopefuly more and more people will get
it soon

Originally posted by HaveBeenWaiting
It looks like, they are adjudicating I140 applications pretty fast now a days. Hope, they will keep it up! However, for I140 with RFE, it is still taking a while!

Dose anyone know, how long it typically takes to get a decision on I140 after sending the response of RFE back to INS? I received a RFE for my I140 on 10/7/02 and my attorney responded it next week, according to the online status, INS received it on 10/19/02. My RD for I140 is 08/22/2002.

Any one else on the same boat?
Thanks!

HaveBeenWaiting,
I am also in same boat with you.......My attoreny also sent response to INS for I140 RFE ,they have recived on 10/19/02....
My RD date for I 140 is July 05 2002......

All the best....

shashi

receipt notice for concurrent filing !!!

Hi Gurus. I filed I-140/I-485/EAD/AP on Oct 15th. How long does it take to get receipt notice. I still haven received anything.

Unfortunately our company doesnt let us interact with the attorney much so I have no clue whether he has received the receipts or not.

Please let me know how long it took you guys to get receipt for concurrent filing at Nebraska Center.

Thanks in advance !!

Puneet_gcard,

I got my receipts in four weeks. Please verify the back of your checks that you have issued to INS. They contain the LIN numbers.