Concurrent Filing I140 & I485 Nebraska Service Center

To WXM8 & other concourrent filers

Hi

I have a question, which would help me decide wether to go for concurrent process or not?

I heard that in concurent processing both i-140& i-485 get adjudicate at the same time is it True? (Which would be 14 months)

But in u'r case i-140 got approved first which is good

so can u please guide me what i should do bcos i need my i-140 approval to use the portability law in case of layoff ??

I amreally frustrated thinking about this last 10 days i have my LC approved
i dont know what i should do

SHOULD I FILE CONCOURRENTLY(I-140,I-485,EADDDDD,AP)

OR

SHOULD I FILE I-140 FIRST , WAIT TILL I GET I-140RECIPT & THAN FILE I-485

OR

SHOULD I FILE I-140 ,WAIT FOR THE I-140 APPROVAL & THAN SEND I-485

My email address is chinnacc@hotmail.com can i get u'r email so that we can exchange some info---

PLEASE HELP ME

Re: To WXM8 & other concourrent filers

I agree with Sahin,
Whatever hoax you heard, that's wrong.

Don't waste your time in deciding. (you already wasted 10 days)

File Concurrently ASAP.

I hope this helps.

JB

Originally posted by chinnacc
Hi

I have a question, which would help me decide wether to go for concurrent process or not?

I heard that in concurent processing both i-140& i-485 get adjudicate at the same time is it True? (Which would be 14 months)

But in u'r case i-140 got approved first which is good

so can u please guide me what i should do bcos i need my i-140 approval to use the portability law in case of layoff ??

I amreally frustrated thinking about this last 10 days i have my LC approved
i dont know what i should do

SHOULD I FILE CONCOURRENTLY(I-140,I-485,EADDDDD,AP)

OR

SHOULD I FILE I-140 FIRST , WAIT TILL I GET I-140RECIPT & THAN FILE I-485

OR

SHOULD I FILE I-140 ,WAIT FOR THE I-140 APPROVAL & THAN SEND I-485

My email address is chinnacc@hotmail.com can i get u'r email so that we can exchange some info---

PLEASE HELP ME

Hi wxm8 and jbm and all

I found one site recently where we can get information regarding I 485 approvals by service centers wise and date wise. I also entered my info there with member name "nanaji" .

why dont you have a glance? and if possible enter ur info?
It is www.rupnet.com

Nanaji

Thanks Nanaji,

Thanks Nanaji,

I think that is wonderful site, I entered my info under 'jbm'

All,
I encourage everyone to enter. It's simple logic if you share info than you will get benefit out of it. Don't be silent browser.

Wxm8,
Please visit this site, then we don't need to maintain tracker by ourselves anymore. Just a thought. At least we can add to FAQ.

JB

Originally posted by Nanaji999
I found one site recently where we can get information regarding I 485 approvals by service centers wise and date wise. I also entered my info there with member name "nanaji" .

why dont you have a glance? and if possible enter ur info?
It is www.rupnet.com

Nanaji

Last edited by a moderator:
fellow cocurrent filers, I can find all of my LIN numbers on AVM, but nothing except just I140 LIN number via online case search.
Have you met such problem as well?
Cases: LIN02-276-xxxxx
ND: 9-3-02

JBM, sahin & concourrent filers

Hi Jbm & sahin,

If i file concurrently, do you think i can use the portability law(180dayrule)

after my i-140 gets approved in concurrent filing.

Regards

Re : chinacc

Disavantage of conccurent filing

- So far the "rumor" say that 180 day portability rule does
not apply for concurrent filing

- You have to wait for I140 to get approved first before
be able to get EAD / AP

Advantage of concurrent filing

- if you running out of status in your H1-B visa and instead
of file I-140 first and I-485 later, with concurrent you can
make your status valid

- Service Center try to review/ approve I-140 in 60 days

- Save time in waiting for I-485, at least 2 months
eg. with traditional method, file I-140 first and after get
approved, file I-485, (for I-485, at least it needs 1.5 year
for Employment base), if you file conccurently, your I-485 time
frame will be at least deducted by 2 months

Hope it helps

Hi wxm8,

How do you claim that by concurrant filing one is not eligible to claim portability benefits under AC21 Act ? I don't think INS has published any clarifications in this regard. If they did please post them here for the benefit of the members.

In the absence of any clarifications, one is entitled to assume and apply the existing rule i.e. for AC21 portability benefit one should have an approved I-140 and I-485 should be pending for a minimum of 180 days. I feel this would be true even in case of concurrant filing.

This is my view ? I do not know what others have to say about it ?

Sachdev

CP vs AOS

Folks,
My Fedral Labor should be approved in a week or two and I am trying to decide whether to go in for AOS or CP.

My only objective is to get the GC fast! I am not interested in getting EAD or using the portability law. (Am married and wife has an H1). Also it seems that I140 processing for non concurrent is happenning faster than for concurrent. Therefore I am leaning more towards CP (don't care for the costs of going back to India).

Any other things I should consider?
SDD

180 days rules

Hi:

As far as I know, AC21 is the law that allows change employment after 180 days. Concurrently filing is the procedure that outlined by INS and it is not law. From various sources, INS procedure can change anytime as they please and can't overwrite the existing law which need congress involvement. Also, I believe the 180 days is from Reciept date of I-485, not after I-140 is approved since there is no clause in AC21 to amend 180 days rule if INS change its procedure in the future. Anyway, I hope I am right and really want INS to clear up this point. Just keep the hope up.

Cheers:cool:

Haibo

Concurrent filing one is eligible to claim portability benefits under AC21 Act .

Concurrent filing one is eligible to claim portability benefits under AC21 Act .

I checked with my lawyer, She told me, she didn't aware any INS ruling and she said, there is no truth in that rumor as far she knows.

I think other gentleman 'Jaxen' who is senior person who knows immigration law very well, was also agree with same argument in portability thread.

http://boards.immigration.com/showthread.php?threadid=59727

OR
ImmigrationPortal Forums > ImmigrationPortal.com > US Immigration > Immigrant Visas (Green Cards) > I-485 Issues > I-485 Portability > Does portability law apply for concurrent filing?

I hope this helps.

JB

Nanaji, Thank You sir.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there any meaning for priority date now since all catregories are current? Any effect on 485 processing order? Thanks.

Hi All,

This is from Murthy.com :

Concurrent Filings : I-140 Review Before EAD or Advance Parole Issuance

There has been a reported increase in the number of frivolous I-140 filings following the commencement of concurrent I-140/I-485 filings. Presumably, this is to gain the benefits, including the Employment Authorization Document (EAD) and Advance Parole (AP), which are available to persons filing I-485s. The example provided by INS is the filing of cases for which the person is statutorily not eligible, such as a high school student attempting to file under the “extraordinary ability” category. Although the INS example makes sense in a majority of the cases, it should not be presumed there are no extremely exceptional individuals who could qualify since the law does not mandate any minimum education or work experience.

In order to address this problem the INS will now be reviewing I-140 petitions, at least briefly, before processing the I-765 (Application for Employment Authorization Document or EAD) and/or I-131 (Application for Travel Document). If the I-140 does not indicate at least a minimum level of evidence of eligibility, the INS will issue a Request for Evidence (RFE) for such initial documentation. In this instance, adjudications of the remaining filings, including the I-485, I-765, and I-131, will be put on hold. According to the INS, the 90-day clock for I-765s will stop counting when the RFE is issued and will resume upon the receipt of the response.

File Number

Hi,

I am watching this thread, it is pretty good. How long does it take to get the file numbers for I140 & I485 concurrent filing. My lawyer says 3 to 4 weeks. I checked with my bank and only my I140 check is cleared.

Any suggestions?. I filed on Oct 1st.