Concurrent filing 140/485 Tracker-CSC

Hi Apshah

Hi there,

Thx for that and as far as duration is concerned, it took exactly 3 months for me from the notice date of 140. So, u should be done within a month.

Content of RFE was - 1. Company's tax returns 2. Has the LC been used earlier ? Are u in RFE too ?

I received AP and no news of EAD.

Good luck !

to rcherukuri

Hi Rcherukuri,
You are not RFE, are you?
As the article forwarded by Sumili was mentioning, I am not sure how they are going to handle 140 RFE in conjunction with EAD, AP.
Any ideas?
For 140 RFE ppl, one of my friend just got his 140 approval on friday, RFE issued on 22nd Oct, answered after 10 days and his status on the website didnt change as RFE received or something. But, it was updated on 22nd Nov saying that 140 was approved. So, even if they didnt update the website for the receipt of RFE, hang on there guys.. :)

Congradulations!

Hi, santosh99,

It is nice to hear your approval news. For my case, i checked AVM. It said that my case has been received on Nov, 16, 2002 with standard AVM. I started to worry why it is different from what you had. According to previous post, there is no updated for receiving RFE but got approval directly. I wonder INS needs more investigation. Is it possible for them to deny my case? My laywer replied REF on Oct, 31, 2002. AVM updated on Nov, 16, 2002 to receive my case. I suppose lately i should have further notice from INS. However, it remained same message until Nov, 22, 2002. Any idea for my case?

Thanks!

Case not yet processed

Hi Santosh99
Thanks for the reply
My case is not yet processed to issue an RFE. Its been 2.5 months and it is unprocessed. From the news letter that came out yesterday from CSC, it says that the current processing date for I140 EB2 is 9/27/2002, where as mine I140 date is 9/12/2002, I am just worried about my case.

Also can you let me know when and in how many days your got AP?

Re: Case not yet processed

Originally posted by apshah
Hi Santosh99
Thanks for the reply
My case is not yet processed to issue an RFE. Its been 2.5 months and it is unprocessed. From the news letter that came out yesterday from CSC, it says that the current processing date for I140 EB2 is 9/27/2002, where as mine I140 date is 9/12/2002, I am just worried about my case.

Hi APSHah,
Mine was on 9/13/2002 EB2, I got an RFE on Nov 1st(website updated on nov 1st, but we received it on Nov 12th) abt my M.S cert and 6 months of paystubs(we supplied 3 months paystubs at the time of filing). We send the RFE the very next day, Nov 13th. According to some posts here(santhosh99 and one of my friend), RFE takes app 1 months. For both cases, they didnt update the website for the receipt of RFE, but updated as CERTIFIED:) exactly after 1 month of RFE(issue date, not RFE answered date. So, Hang on there people.
Also, I asked my friend abt getting EAD from SFO INS office, looks like his attorney said to pickup the EAD after 90 days eventhough he had an RFE(was not answered till last week). And my attorney said so too. So, I am gonna attempt to pickup my EAD at SFO DOL on 16th Dec after confirming with my attorney once again.
Meanwhile will take all the forms as posted by CHALASANI.
The article pointed by Sumili doesnt say anything abt EAD.
But, if any of you guys,
Has 140 RFE pending and picked up their EAD after 90 days, please share your experience so that I amd some others can benefit.
Thx a lot guys,
:cool:

Re: 6months needed after I485

Originally posted by bmk_2002
Hi all
I am a concurrent filer of I140/I485. From San Diego
The questions I have is regarding 6 months needed for I485 to change another job

My RD/ND are 10/19 and 10/22
My FP done on 11/20 (went ahead of my notice date which is 12/05)

1)Any idea how long I140 are taking to get approved?
2)Does the clock for 6 months start after I140 gets approved or from the day of my Reciept date which is 10/22?

I am in bad situation as we were informed that our group is being closed by June/2003, so I am fighting against time hoping my I140 gets approved by December.

----------------------------------------------------------------
Hi Santosh/others
Congrats on getting your I140 getting approved.

I did not get the answer for my second question if anybody has anyidea can share the information.

Thanks
Murali Bandaru

Hi mlin144

Hi mlin,

U should be getting the approval anytime..Don't worry..Wait for 1-2 months after answering the RFE and then probably ur attorney can send an inquiry..But still u should have been approved by that time !

Mine took exactly one month after RFE..

Good Luck !

Hi Apshah

Hi Apshah,

I got AP approximately in 45 days after receipt date. U should be getting urs anytime as there's no RFE issued too. INS says wait for a month after the processing date has crossed before sending an inquiry. So, u should be done within a month !

Good Luck !

Hi Bmk_2002

Hi Murali,

AC21 portability rule is applicable for concurrent filers also with only one restriction that underlying 140 has to be approved by the time one uses that rule. So, 180 days after Notice date of 485 application and an approved 140 should make us eligible to look for a new similar job.

Good Luck !

Hey Guyz...Interim EAD !!!

Hey Guyz,

I picked up an Interim EAD from SF office today which took all the damn day over there !

We just need a copy of the Receipt notice..Nothing else !! No passport copies, No pictures.. They are taking a polaroid picture at the counter and issuing it. No qns asked about 140 and 485 too.. Just the receipt notice of 765 is checked that 90 days have completed !

But, the Interim expiry date is after 3 months !

Maybe this info helps for anyone looking for an Interim EAD !

Good Luck !

Re: Hey Guyz...Interim EAD !!!

Originally posted by santosh99
Hey Guyz,

I picked up an Interim EAD from SF office today which took all the damn day over there !

We just need a copy of the Receipt notice..Nothing else !! No passport copies, No pictures.. They are taking a polaroid picture at the counter and issuing it. No qns asked about 140 and 485 too.. Just the receipt notice of 765 is checked that 90 days have completed !

But, the Interim expiry date is after 3 months !

Maybe this info helps for anyone looking for an Interim EAD !

Good Luck !
Congrats Santhosh...BTW, If you are married, did you have to take your wife also along with you as she also will get EAD along with you? just we can take both the 765 receipts by ourselves?

newbie question

just want to know if you filed for interim EAD 90 days after the receipt date or 90 days after the notice date of your 765

thanks for the info...

what took so long... a more detailed explanation of the process and times involved would be very helpful for a lot of us who have to go through the same process tooo....

congratulations... I'm sure your actual EAD from the CSC will be in the mail before 3 mos is up....

Hi Santosh99
Thanks for the reply

Hi APSHAH, Where did you see that the current date is 9/27/2002. From other posts in this thread and the I 140 EB2 tracker, it seems like the current processing time is around mid september..

thanks

Hi Santosh99
Thanks for the reply

Same is the case here. My case has not been processed yet. Atleast that is what the online/phone status says. Its been 3 months almost, since my I-140 notice date is 08/29/2002.

Lately, ive been hearing that the approval notices are being sent to the attorney, but the website/phone status information is not being updated. Im hoping that that is the case. And hoping to hear from my attorney soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
website updated with my RFE notice receipt

Hi Guys, Online status check website was updated that my RFE is received..
RD: 09/13
ND: 09/16
RFE Date: 11/01
RFE received: 11/12
RFE responded: 11/13
RFE updated: 11/27

Dang, I hope they literally wont take 90 days for approving my 140.
--------------------------
On November 27, 2002, we received your response to our request for evidence or information. It is taking between 158 and 60 days for us to process this kind of case. However, because preliminary processing was complete before we requested the additional material, the remaining processing time for this stage of your case is approximately 90 days. You will receive a written decision on this case.
---------------------------

Anyone in the same boat as me? Whose RFE was answered, website updated and still waiting?
Thx,

Re: Re: Case not yet processed

Originally posted by lchalasani

Hi APSHAH, Where did you see that the current date is 9/27/2002. From other posts in this thread and the I 140 EB2 tracker, it seems like the current processing time is around mid september..

thanks
Hi Chalasani, my ND is 9/16 and my RFE was issued on 11/1. its been more than a month since they crossed 9/16. So, I guess your case is around the corner to be touched. Good Luck.

news from Immigration-law.com

485 Freeze: When Will It Be Lifted?

The INS HQ is reluctant to admit it officially, but currently adjudication of I-485 is on hold across the board. No one knows what has caused the decision of freeze and more importantly when it will be lifted. It reminds people of the long and painful freeze of 485 applications a few years back pending CIA clearance, which contributed to a mountain of 485 backlogs to the level of over 2 years of 485 processing times. No one knows the exact cause this time around, but one wonders whether it has something to do with the on-going special registration programs. Please stay tuned to this web site for development of this news.

Rumour or Fact??

I've heard from one of my co-workers that INS is being re-organized because of the new homeland security bill and that they won't process any cases until the re-organization is done.. Has anyone else heard something on this topic... Hope its just a rumour..