Concurrent filing 140/485 Tracker-CSC

Maintaining list for concurrent filing

Here is the list I gathered so far from CSC Concurrent filers...Please update this one if you want to be added/tracked..
Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi KingNo1

my info :

RD : 08/23
ND: 08/26

FP NOTICE : 09/18
FP DONE : 10/18

AVM says they rcvd FP results on 10/23 and processing resumed.
but the online status is not updated with this info.

Concurrent Filing
I applied for EAD and AP also

place -- CSC
EB2

Last edited by a moderator:
Help! I-140/I-485 concurrent filing

Hi, I need your help,

I filed I-140 and got receipt from INS. Now I want to file I-485. On form I-485 part 2, I need to choose application type. However, I can not find any one for concurrent filing. Selection a is for application based on an approved I-140. I would be most appreciated if somebody who has done concurrent filing could give me advice.

type a

Hi labor,
Days ago, my attorney prepared the concurrent I-140 and I-485 and I kept a copy.
On I-485 part2, type a is selected. Hope it helps.
Good luck.
wittAAAA

Concurrent Filing: I-140 denied! What are my options?

People,
I just read on-line that CSC intent to deny my case and a notice has been sent on Oct. 31.
Do I have any option/s? Please, advise.

My details: Present Status H1B
I-140:
RD: 7/26/02
ND: 7/29/02

I-485:
RD: 9/03/02
ND: 9/02/02

congrats jingbong

Originally posted by jingbong
My I-140 is approved on Nov1. I saw this message online just now.
Wow that was quick..comparitively..Just updated with your listings...
20 more days to go for me(RD=9/13):)

Re: Concurrent Filing: I-140 denied! What are my options?

Hi, HFIG, sorry to hear the news.

What is your I140 catagory? What is their reason to deny your application.

140 details

Here are my 140 details:

EB2, concurrent filing, labor substitution

RD 8/23/02
ND 8/27/02

FP done : 10/18/02

Present Status: Still waiting to hear from INS reg. the 140.

I-140/485 Concurrent Filing Rule Clarification

Updated 11/02/2002: I-140/485 Concurrent Filing Rule Clarification

When the INS launched the concurrent filing procedure, there were a few questions which had not been answered by the INS. The following are the clarification by the INS HQ as of now:

Jurisdiction: When the job site is different from one's residence for whatever reasons, people should follow the following rules:

If I-140 is already approved, people will be allowed to file with either the Service Center that has jurisdiction over I-140 or the Service Center that has jurisdiction over I-485.

If I-140 and I-485 are filed together concurrently, it should be filed with the Service Center that has jurisdiction over I-140 and not the Service Center that has jurisdiction over I-485.

If I-140 has already been filed and one files I-485 afterwards but while the I-140 is still pending, such I-485 must be filed with the Service Center where I-140 is pending.

I-140 jurisdiction is determined by one of the following factors: (1) Job site as shown on labor certification application, or
(2) Main business office location of the employer if the labor
certification was filed for undetermined location, or
(3) If employer has a sole jurisdiction arrangement with any Service Center, that Service Center has jurisdiction over I-140, however, the Service Center that has jurisdiction over the job site on the labor certification may also be able to exercise jurisdiction over the I-140, or (4) If a self-petition, where the alien resides.

I-485 jurisdiction is determined by the alien's place of residence.

In any event, the best policy is to file I-485 with the Service Center which has jurisdiction over the I-140, no matter whether I-140 has already been approved or still pending.

Processing of the Concurrently Filed I-140 and I-485:

The INS bifurgates the proceedings. Initially it was unclear, but the INS HQ confirms that the two are processed separately. Therefore, I-140 will be first adjudicated as separate from I-485, and the Service Centers will issue Receipt Notice and Approval Notice as if I-140 was filed independently. This decision helps the people who need to utilize 180-day change of employer rule under AC 21 since the I-140 Receipt Notice will be issued early on. Additionally, the Service Centers are targetting to adjudicate such concurrently filed I-140 form 60 days to 90 days.

Availability of 180-Day Rule of AC 21 Pending I-140 Petition:

The INS has yet to make decision on this issue and both the INS HQ and all the Service Centers decline to answer this question as of now. This is a situation where the decision of concurrently filed I-140 takes more than 180 days for whatever reasons.

EAD/Advance Parole:

Unless I-140 statutory and prima-facie eligibility review is completed or I-140 is approved, EAD and Advance Parole applications will remain "on hold." Additionally, if RFE is issued for I-140, it stops the clock of running of 90 days for the purpose of eligibility for interim EAD until the response to the EAD is received by the Service Centers. Accordingly, the concurrent I-140/485 filers should maintain his/her nonimmigrant status as long as possible not for the purpose of maintaining a legal status in this country but for the purpose of keeping employment authorization that comes with H-1B or L-1 or other employment-based nonimmigrant visa status. As far as maintaining a legal status, proper filing and receipt of I-485 automatically make such alien's legal status in this country "legal" pending adjudication of I-485. According to the recent opinion of the INS, this includes those who have returned from overseas trip and reentered the country on "advance parole" and the paroled I-94 expires pending I-485 adjudication. In the event that he/she fails to receive EAD after filing the concurrent I-140/485 and fails to maintain the employment-based nonimmigrant status for whatever reasons, he/she should stop working until EAD is received or such employment-based nonimmigrant status is resolved. For most of the employment-based nonimmigrants, filing of petition for extension, I-129, automatically grants 240 days permit for employment pending adjudication of such I-129. In this regards, the people who can face a serious trouble because of the delay of issuance of EAD will be more or less limited to those who are not in a "valid" nonimmigrant status at the time of I-140/485 filing or while he/she was waiting for EAD approval.

RFE received.

Guys, I got an RFE on my case.
Here is what I gather from INS status check site.
-------------
On November 01, 2002, we mailed a notice requesting additional evidence or information in this case. The notice explains in detail what additional material is needed. If you have questions about the notice, what is required, or if 14 days have passed and you have not received the notice, please speak to an Immigration Information Officer during business hours.
--------------------
Good thing is that I cant believe they are cleaning the queue this quick.( MY RD 9/13, ND 9/16, CSC/EB2, CONCURRENT filing)
:)
Bad this is that I got an RFE..:mad:
My attorney is waiting for the mail from INS to answer it as soon as they receive . Hope this helps in the ppl on the waiting list.

How long does it take to get the receipts from INS...I did concurrent filing..

lawyer said he mailed it on Oct 24 Still i didnt hear from him

Thanks,
Kbusam

to kbusam

Originally posted by kbusam
How long does it take to get the receipts from INS...I did concurrent filing..

lawyer said he mailed it on Oct 24 Still i didnt hear from him

Thanks,
Kbusam
I got my receipts in 3 working days..

rfe received for my case

EB2, concurrent filing, labor substitution

RD 8/23/02
ND 8/27/02

FP done : 10/18/02

RFE issued on 11/7/02. Do not know the details yet. Anybody in the same boat?

How long does it take to approve after we respond to the RFE?

labour subsitution

Hi keylong
I am also in the same boat , used labour subsitution

I140
RD 9/11
Nd 9/12

still waiting for response
FP done at 11/7

Can you let me know about the content of the RFE? beacuse I am also in the same boat.

got the RFE notice today

They were asking my.
1. M.S Degree Transcript
2. Paystubs from April to September(6 months)
Anybody got an RFE relatd to M.S Degree Transcript? I never heard an RFE of this sort.

kingno1, i guess that's an easy RFE to respond back to.. what are your company statistics.. any layoffs.. financially healthy etc..

thx

Responded yesterday

Originally posted by lchalasani
kingno1, i guess that's an easy RFE to respond back to.. what are your company statistics.. any layoffs.. financially healthy etc..

thx
Yeah, I send in my M.S Transcript as they already have my M.S Degree copy(Why the hell did they ask for Transcript if they have the degree cert)
We had 15% layoffs in May and some internal layoffs last month. Financialwise, they didnt ask to provide anything, but, we will be profitable next Qart. Couple of 100's Mill $ in bank.:D