Concurrent filing 140/485 Tracker-CSC

Finger printing @ INS Oakland office

All,

I have concurrently filed I-140/485 with RD/ND of 10/21 and 10/23. I have received FP notice for 12/12, the related INS office is Oakland. Does anyone has expereince of doing FP at Oakland office prior to the FP date on the notice. Please share experience as to whether you have to go their early in the morning etc...

I have learnt from few posts on this list that San Jose office is pretty lenient and you can do FP prior to your date.

regards.

Any updates? (Keylong and others)

Hi Keylong
Any updates on the content of your RFE?
I came to know from my lawyer that CSC will take extra time for processing labour sub. case. For I140 with labour sub. cases the approval or any descision will be done by the Supervisor and not Immigration officer, hence there will be more RFE and delay for that type of case. I haven't heared anything for my case, it is still in process.
I would be glad if you can let me know the content of your RFE.

RFE contents

I got RFE for the following:

1. withdraw previous I140 (since this is a LC sub case). This was already done, so I donot understand why this was asked.
2. company finances to show that they can support the wages offered.
3. Proof of experience on the letterhead of the previous companies I worked for.

Question Regarding EAD for concurrent filers

Guys, for concurrent filing, if we dont get EAD winthin 90 days of filing, can we go to INS office and ask for one? I checked with my attorney and she said yes. Anyone done that, please confirm.
Thx

Re: RFE contents

keylong,

What kind of experience letters you have submitted originally?. I have worked for two companies, before starting my GC with third company and worked two and half years for each company. I only have experience letter, on company's letterhead, for my last company but am using affidavit for the first company. Do you see any problem there ?. I came across another RFE for some one else, as he was using all three experiences thru affidavits. Also, I wonder whether you are EB2 thru BS+5yrs or thru MS.

Appreciate ur response.

Originally posted by keylong
I got RFE for the following:

1. withdraw previous I140 (since this is a LC sub case). This was already done, so I donot understand why this was asked.
2. company finances to show that they can support the wages offered.
3. Proof of experience on the letterhead of the previous companies I worked for.

Re: Question Regarding EAD for concurrent filers

Where did you get this information from ?
Would there be additional documents needed when we go to the local INS office to request the EAD.

Originally posted by kingno1
Guys, for concurrent filing, if we dont get EAD winthin 90 days of filing, can we go to INS office and ask for one? I checked with my attorney and she said yes. Anyone done that, please confirm.
Thx
:

Hi,

I collected my EAD yesterday. I took following forms with me.

1. Copy of 765 Application that was filled
2. G-28 From lawyer.
3. Photo-ID and One copy of it to submit.
4. Receipts of 765 and 485 and copy of the same to submit.

As same for your spouse to.

-rc

concurrent tracker

concurrent 485/140/765

rd 10/17
nd 10/29
fp notice 11/20
fp sched 12/13

no ead yet

question: does the 90 days waiting for ead start with rd or nd?

thanks

Re: Re: Question Regarding EAD for concurrent filers

Originally posted by rcherukuri
Hi,

2. G-28 From lawyer.

-rc

What is G-28? Do you need the original Receipts of 765 and 485 or will just copies do? Which office did you go to? the one in San Francisco?

Hi,

2. G-28 From lawyer.

-rc

Also what is the status of your I 140? Has it been approved?

thx

Hi Apsharma / Keylong / Chalasani and Cherukuri,

Looks like i too am sailing in the same ship with u guyz after reading the posts.

Need some info :

1. Mine is a Labor substitution case and notice date for 140/485 is on Aug 22'nd of this yr. RFE was issued whether the LC was used for anyone else on October 22n'd and Attorney has replied immdtly. How long does it take for INS to update the message that the response for RFE was received ? Mine is almost due after answering for three weeks and still says additional material has been requested ! Any previous experiences guys ??

2. I know one of us asked - I repeat, what's G-28 form? Even i'm planning to collect an interim EAD. My attorney said, i need nothing else except two GC photos and EAD, 485 receipt notices.

But this post which appears in EAD/AP section worries me :

No Same Day EAD and Advance Parole from local INS offices
http://www.immigration-law.com ( Breaking News)
Updated 11/20/2002: No Same Day EAD and Advance Parole

There are news all over today that the local INS District Offices stopped issuing EAD and Advance Parole same day. This news includes the INS District Office in Minnesota. AILA has reported that the INS HQ apparently sent out an unpublished memo to the field offices not to issue EAD and Advance Parole same day. Apparently, issuance of EAD and Advance Parole are conditioned upon security clearance. This change includes not only employment-based cases but also all other cases including family-based proceedings. People should learn to deal with the ever-toughening immigration proceedings and to plan ahead of time for everything from now on. Life gets to be stressful and difficult.

But, this may not be true as one of u said they picked up an interim EAD yesterday.

Thanks guys !

Last edited by a moderator:

Hi,
I think 90 days start from Notice date of 765.
G-28 is Notice of Entry of Appearance as Attorney for you lawyer. This you might have signed approving you attorney to represent you. Copy of 765 and 484 will do but they may ask you to show the originals. In fact they asked me for 484 and 765 orginals and residence proof also for which I had my Driving license. I went to SFO office.

santosh you don't require your I-140 to be approved for this and they will not ask you anything on I-140.

-rc

Thanks for the quick response cherukuri..

Did u have any xperiences with RFE's and gnrlly how long does it take for INS to update the systems that reply for RFE has been received ?

Thx again !

Hi,
I think 90 days start from Notice date of 765.
G-28 is Notice of Entry of Appearance as Attorney for you lawyer. This you might have signed approving you attorney to represent you. Copy of 765 and 484 will do but they may ask you to show the originals. In fact they asked me for 484 and 765 orginals and residence proof also for which I had my Driving license. I went to SFO office.

santosh you don't require your I-140 to be approved for this and they will not ask you anything on I-140.

-rc
Thx Cherukuri, your response relieved me. I was kind of confused abt how this EAD work with 140 pending. Hammayya...:cool:

6months needed after I485

Hi all
I am a concurrent filer of I140/I485. From San Diego
The questions I have is regarding 6 months needed for I485 to change another job

My RD/ND are 10/19 and 10/22
My FP done on 11/20 (went ahead of my notice date which is 12/05)

1)Any idea how long I140 are taking to get approved?
2)Does the clock for 6 months start after I140 gets approved or from the day of my Reciept date which is 10/22?

I am in bad situation as we were informed that our group is being closed by June/2003, so I am fighting against time hoping my I140 gets approved by December.

Concurrent filing..

Hi BMK,

Don't worry..Ur's should be approved in couple of months.
Even i was worried till today and this morning the Online status says my 140 was approved. It took exactly 3 months from my notice date for approval.

Strange thing is response for RFE was sent a month back and there was no update on the msg saying RFE received but finally now it got approved.

Mine was a Labor substitution case ..So, u should be just fine.

Good Luck !

Congrats santosh99

Hi Santosh
First of all congratulation on getting your 140 approved. Can you let me know about the content of your RFE, since I have also filed using labour sub. It is almost 2.5 months since my notice date and the online status still says that it is pending, so I was just wondering that labour sub. case might take longtime to process is it true?
If you have done concurrent filing did you got your AP? or EAD?