Chicago Regional DOL Tracker

Here is the link of text of the bill presented by Lantos: http://www.shusterman.com/pdf/lantos105.pdf

There is lot of legal jargon but based on what I understand is they want to recapture the lost visa numbers from 2001 to 2004 for the employment based category. We fall under Employment based category. It also refers to the AC-21 law pased in 2000 which recaptured the lost visas for EB category.

We have to wait for the analysis from the legal experts.

knowDOL said:
GC_DJ

Can you explain what it means to IT professionals. Is this related to all EB visa categories. Even if this is true, how many visa numbers are speculated?. I also read yesterday at ilw.com that Bush immigration reform includes temporary raise in visa numbers, Does this mean Bush administration may be talking about the same visa numbers recapturing between 2001 and 2004 or is it additional increase on top of this recaptured numbers?

Here is snapshot from ilw.com

* Renewable visa in 3 year increments, allowing aliens to work and return to home country at will (visas will be open to those currently undocumented).
* No numerical limit to temporary visas which would be open for both skilled and unskilled labor.
* Social security totalization - workers' SS contributions will be repatriated to their home countries.
* Possible temporary increase in permanent visas.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm wondering about the same news too. But how should we interpret it?

We already heard some rumors about pending cases that were received in a certain period had already been transferred or in transfer from ATL DOL and Chicago DOL to BEC. If that's true, this news could also be conceived as the rest of the pending cases that stay in those two regions are going to be processed by NPC.

What do you guys think? Will appreciate your thoughts.

jdchicago2003 said:
DOL Notice of Addresses and Processing for Chicago & Atlanta National Processing Centers

http://www.immigration-law.com/

Crap system

god_is_hope said:
my case transferred to Dallas Backlock centre

PD : Jan 2003
RD : Apr 2004

they gave me BEC # 214-237-9111 for status update. BEC refused to tell status to person however they will give it to attorney or employer

I tried to call them as an employer, and I did not get any information, Its an automated system which tells you we cannot give you status, Its a piece of CRAP.

Thanks

???????

Feb04 said:
I received an email from my lawyer saying that she has started receiving notices from DOL about cases being transferred from Chicago to Dallas. She expected all cases, including mine, to be transferred in the same manner.

I guess this answers all the speculations about the future of our cases. We now have two options, either we wait for BEC to clear our cases or we file using PERM.

Feb04,

Have you seen the 45 day letter which actually proves your case has been trasfered to Dallas Bec? When you called 312-886-8000 did they check their system and tell you your case was transfered or did they just ask your RD and informed you?

Lets not be naive and assume that our cases have been transfered we need some proof in writing (45 day letter), just curious if you got it?

Thanks

Charles

god_is_hope said:
my case transferred to Dallas Backlock centre

PD : Jan 2003
RD : Apr 2004

they gave me BEC # 214-237-9111 for status update. BEC refused to tell status to person however they will give it to attorney or employer

God is hope,

did you get this so called 45 day letter? How did you get to know your case was transferred to Dallas Bec?

I called Chicago and they asked for my case number, after looking up the system they told me its been transfered to BEC. She even gave me a number to call at Dallas.

What happenned next? Did you call?

Feb04 said:
I called Chicago and they asked for my case number, after looking up the system they told me its been transfered to BEC. She even gave me a number to call at Dallas.

As per the lady who answered the phone all cases recieved so far in Chicago have been transfered to Dallas BEC and new cases will be entered into Chicago system before they are transfered to BEC. Not sure how much truth it is in it. My cases was recieved in Chicago on Nov 12th 2004.

She said, I need to find out from Dallas BEC to find out when my case was transfered to them. When I called Dallas BEC All I got was automated and it says we have to wait 90 days after we reply the 45 days letter before calling them and hangs up.

I have not heard from my lawyer or employer if they have recieved any such letter.

So far it sounds like we have ot be in this for lot longer before anything changes. Lets hope and pray for the best.

charlesmighty said:
God is hope,

did you get this so called 45 day letter? How did you get to know your case was transferred to Dallas Bec?

Well more confusion

jdchicago2003 said:
DOL Notice of Addresses and Processing for Chicago & Atlanta National Processing Centers

http://www.immigration-law.com/

DOL issued a notice yesterday mentioning , they are continuing the process. If that is the case then I'm confused, why some cases have been trasferred to BEC Dallas. Lets wait and see.
rgds
Pal.

I don't think only some cases are trasfered. I have seen posts where cases RD of JAN 2004 and RD Nov 2004 trasfered to BEC. When I called she just asked my RD and said mine (RD SEP 2004) was trasfered to BEC. I think most of the cases are trasfered to BEC and they might have retained only small portion of applications.

Pal8 said:
DOL issued a notice yesterday mentioning , they are continuing the process. If that is the case then I'm confused, why some cases have been trasferred to BEC Dallas. Lets wait and see.
rgds
Pal.

Dallas BEC

I had the same issue, called Chicago DOL, they told me my case is transferred to Dallas (RD June 04), called Dallas, they told me that they can only give info to attorney or employer, I have told my attorney office to call, has any body else had employer or attorney call and got a response ?

Confused

:confused:

I called Chicago NPC again just now and I have been told that nothing has been done to my case. She didnot even bother or cared to look into system. As soon as she heard it has receipt date of Nov 12th 2004, she just answered nothing has been done to that application.

Now Whom should I believe the lady on Friday or from today :confused: .

GC_DJ said:
I don't think only some cases are trasfered. I have seen posts where cases RD of JAN 2004 and RD Nov 2004 trasfered to BEC. When I called she just asked my RD and said mine (RD SEP 2004) was trasfered to BEC. I think most of the cases are trasfered to BEC and they might have retained only small portion of applications.

I called 312-886-8000, gave my case no and was told that my case is transferred to Dallas BEC and she even gave me a no to call and check - she was very rude - I guess too many people are calling.
She told me that my case was entered in the system in April 2004. I found this very strange as whenever I used to call the Chicago AVM it used to tell me that this case was received on Jan 12th 2004.
Kind of confused what is going on there.

State of affairs at Chicago NPC (source: Immigration-Law.com )

* The Chicago Regional Office staff have been relocated to the National Processing Center since the end of November 2004. Currently there are approximately 13 officials, former Chicago Region staff, who are preparing for the PERM program. The officers are very enthusiastic about the PERM program.

* The National Processing Center has yet to fill many permanent and temporary employees positions and is actively seeking recruitment. Unlike the Backlog Processing Centers, there are no activities of apparent hiring of contractors and activities of contractors. There are cubicles after cubicles which are empty other than computers, desks, and chairs. It appears that the current staff members are handling mostly temporary labor certification cases of H-2A and H-2B. The most up-to-date list of staff indicates that these officers are scheduled to process RIR cases but there are no indications that the RIR cases are being processed. It sounds that most of the "regular" labor certification applications have been transferred to the Dallas Backlog Processing Center. Present at the Open House were the Chief of Foreign Labor Certification, DOL, and Chief Legal Counsel of the Foreign Labor Certification, DOL, but no specifics have been released from these leaders about the ongoing process and the upcoming changes.

Petition!!

Guys,

We had formulated a petition addressing this exact issue. Anyone know what came of it ? did we submit it at all ??

Guys, any of you who have not signed this petition (to process cases for chi-dol at least till the time they go to BEC/NPC) please do so. Details available in this thread if you care to scroll back a couple of pages..

Thanks, it will do you as well as others a lot of good....

Mohan

Do any of u'll know the cut off dates?

My PD is 18 Dec 2002, RD is 29th Dec 2003. My Rd was so close to the processing dates, so was wondering if its still with the chicago DOL. Had called them up..the lady told us its gone to BEC. I can't trust her...b'cuz she came with the reply in an instant. Have read articles that Chicago DOl still has few cases with them. If anyone has any info...pls do share.

Thanks in advance

PERM Briefing

Some points from the PERM briefing held in Chicago (source: Immigration-Law.com)

* 01/11/2005: Report from Chicago: 45 - 60 Day Processing Time for PERM Does not Apply to Conversion Cases

Another disappointing news for the conversion case is the processing times for such cases. DOL confirms that the processing time for conversion cases will be much longer than non-conversion PERM applications. DOL did not disclose the anticipated specific processing times for the conversion cases. It just stated that the processing times will be shorter than the current backlog cases waiting times, meaning it can be within two years or so. Uh?!

* 01/11/2005: Report from Chicago: No Parallel Applications Permitted Without Losing Priority Date

When people refile a PERM application without dislosing the pending application, the National Processing Centers will access the database at the BPCs to see whether any cases are pending for the employer and the employee. Accordingly, parallel filing of PERM application and non-PERM application will be blocked by the DOL. Such policy will enhance the risk of conversion and a fewer employers may attempt conversion fiing.

bad news for all

"The timing of actual adjudication of cases will depend on two factors: One is the volume of conversion cases after the launch of PERM program on 03/28/2005. The larger the conversions are in number, the smaller the total numbers for the BPC will end up. The second factor is the timing of completion of shipment and data entry. DOL anticipates that it is not going to be for a while that the BPCs actually adjudicate and decide any cases. The entire backlog cases are predicted to be removed not in 24 months but from 24 month to 30 months from 03/28/2005. People should keep patience."

45 day letter?

Hi everyone,

I understand that everyone has been informed by the tel operator at Chicago regional that our cases have been trasnfered to Dallas BEC, But has anyone actually recived a 45 day letter? If so then kindly share info.

Dallas Bec is giving a automated info that not to check status for atleast 90 days once replying to 45 day letter. So in total its 135 days give another 30 days for data entry and mailing time. so intotal its 165 days which is another 5 1/2 months before we hear anything. GOD only knows when we'll get approval.

anyways best of luck everyone.