Chicago Regional DOL Tracker

“Does it make sense to reapply labor from the scratch under PERM?”

Any comments on above statements ?

Job Transfer

Guys, What happens to my GC processing if i am transferred to Europe for 2 years. I have 1.5 years left on my H1

Seems like a Good News!!!

Looks like Chicago DOL back-logged cases have been forwarded to Dallas BEC last week according to Dallas BEC forum.They should be sending the 45 day letter once the case has been entered into the system. If some one recieves this letter, kindly post a message and let others know about it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Optimistic

Hi,

I saw from this trhead that the backlogs from chicago Regional are going to Dallas BEC. I actually see some movement of the files ,but will it actually make things fast or make slow for Chicago regional because of the immense applications from other regions including Sanfrancisco being sent to Dallas??

What happens to Chicago DOL incase these apps were sent toto BEC Dallas??
Will Chicago DOL cease to work or exist ??

Please share your opinions in this regard

Thanks!

depends on where in the labor process you are..my case is in chicago DOL,and i don't want to shift to perm now..if ur early in your labor,could be worth it - there is a different thread where people are discussing it - pls check that

manish_shriv said:

If you gonna do afresh, may be.

Again if you do your Labor in EB-2 Category in PERM then only it makes a difference. Else if you do EB-3, you may get your Labor faster than others but you cant apply for your I-485 till ur date becomes active.

AT this point of time if you are in EB-3 your Priority Date is the most important thing. By choosing to do PERM you may lose your Priority Date. Read www.immigration-law.com under breaking news on potential Traps on Switching to PERM

manish_shriv said:

Last edited by a moderator:
If one qualifies for EB2, it is better to apply PERM and let the existing EB3 continue. However note that, employer would still need to advertise for PERM as they did for RIR.

Cases Sent To BEC

I received an email from my lawyer saying that she has started receiving notices from DOL about cases being transferred from Chicago to Dallas. She expected all cases, including mine, to be transferred in the same manner.

I guess this answers all the speculations about the future of our cases. We now have two options, either we wait for BEC to clear our cases or we file using PERM.

It just keeps getting better!

I just called Chicago RO. They told me that my case has been transfered to Dallas. My case was received by Chicago in Feb 04.

EB3-> EB2 PERM ???

ohiostud said:
If one qualifies for EB2, it is better to apply PERM and let the existing EB3 continue. However note that, employer would still need to advertise for PERM as they did for RIR.

Can we apply for EB2(PERM), if we have a pending EB3(RIR) through the same employer? Or should we find a new employer for applying through PERM in EB2?

Case Moved to Dallas

I also called Chicago DOL, my case filed in June 04 in Chicago also have been moved to Dallas BEC.
When I called Dallas they are not giving any update on my case and saying have your employer or attorney calling for any update on my case.

Does any one who how Dallas BEC will proceed further on these cases. How many cases they will have approximately etc or any inside on this matter?

It is an RIR case. My RD was Feb 9th 04 and my PD was Jan 04. I also called Dallas and the lady their transferred me to an automate voice mail which said you would be sent a letter soon and after you have replied to your letter do not check your status before expiration of 90 days. So all in all I am looking at 135 days + before I hear anything about my case.

The question I have now is, is it worth waiting or should I file through PERM?

Just got the breaking news from Shusterman.com That Tom Lantos of (D-CA) has introduced Health Improvement and Professionals act to recapture the unused visa numbers lost between 2001 to 2004 (H.R 139). Hope this pasees all the hurdles and becomes law.

manish_shriv said:
Would anyone tell me what is RD and PD ?
sorry yar asking very basic questions Thanks

RD = LC received date at Regional DOL
PD =LC recevived date at SWA (State Office), also called Priority Date.

PD & RD

PD - Priority Date ; Date at which your application was filed at State Office
RD - Recept Date ; Date at which your application was received at Federal Office after approved by state.

manish_shriv said:
Would anyone tell me what is RD and PD ?
sorry yar asking very basic questions Thanks