Chicago Regional DOL Tracker

Feb04,i think ur much better off staying with ur current route than PERM - even though PERM says it takes 45-60 days for approval,putting in the case will take a lot of time and u will have to advertise for recruitments all over again with much more scrutiny..since you are already in the BEC,just be patient

puhrince said:
Feb04,i think ur much better off staying with ur current route than PERM - even though PERM says it takes 45-60 days for approval,putting in the case will take a lot of time and u will have to advertise for recruitments all over again with much more scrutiny..since you are already in the BEC,just be patient

Thanx Puhrince. The only problem with that is that I know how long with the BEC going to take to process my application!

Do we know what is the cutoff date the Chicago used to send its applications to BEC or did they send all of them?

Feb04 said:
Thanx Puhrince. The only problem with that is that I know how long with the BEC going to take to process my application!

Do we know what is the cutoff date the Chicago used to send its applications to BEC or did they send all of them?

Chicago Regional DOL is stuck at Dec '03 for long. Since you RD is Feb, I guess all cases that was pending starting Dec '03 might got boxed and sent to BEC, considering the fact Chicago Regional DOL is going to be one of the NPC's... The more I look into the development, more questions without any answers.. If any one get any details on the cutoff date of the cases being sent to BEC please update.

I'm one of those unlucky guys where the lawyers are In-house attorneys and hardly give any details other than "Will let you know if any updates" .. All I know is my case was sent to Chicago soemtime early April '04. If any updates, I'll post to the forum.

Feb04 said:
It is an RIR case. My RD was Feb 9th 04 and my PD was Jan 04. I also called Dallas and the lady their transferred me to an automate voice mail which said you would be sent a letter soon and after you have replied to your letter do not check your status before expiration of 90 days. So all in all I am looking at 135 days + before I hear anything about my case.

The question I have now is, is it worth waiting or should I file through PERM?

What is the number that you called? I called 214-237-9111. They said my attorney has to call. I want to check if my case has been transferred to Dallas BEC. My case reached chicago Jan 21, 2004, from Michigan Dec 2,2002.

am not sure if there is a cutoff date as such - i didn't read anything of this sort anywhere
regarding how long - i think we should watch the philly dol or the sfo dol trackers to see how long it took for them..our cases fall right after those guys

Feb04 said:

i forgot to ask - you already mentioned that your cases is in the dallas bec - so why ru asking about cutoff dates?

Feb04 said:

pankaj, did u sign the petition

If not go and sign it asap.

Guys! I am going to forward the petition within 1-2 days. So hurry.
Pankaj Garg said:
My labor ceritification for green card was submitted in May 2001 in michigan state. it seems like that the whole process has been halted because if I look at processing time in Michigan State, it has been April 2001 for last one year.

Can someone tell me what is going on? Somone told me that the process will go really fast once the new software has been implented by BCIS.

Is this true?

Thanks
Pankaj Garg

My case transferred

my case transferred to Dallas Backlock centre

PD : Jan 2003
RD : Apr 2004

they gave me BEC # 214-237-9111 for status update. BEC refused to tell status to person however they will give it to attorney or employer

Manish,

Your PD determines whether you are eligible to file for 485. After your labor is approved you gotta file for 140 first and then as and when your PD becomes active for 485 then you apply for 485. This is only if your labor is under EB3.

If u r in EB2 then as soon as u get ur labor done apply for 140 / 485.

Without applying for 485 you cannot get EAD or Parole.

manish_shriv said:
guys would anyone also tell me -
How does the filing of 140 or 485 depends on RD and PD ?

Few Questions

Rajesh & others

Thanks for your response. The information that you are giving is really valuable –
I have few more questions if you or any other expert can reply ..

1) What is the difference in EB2 and EB3 ? How would I know what I qualify for ?

2) What is the current active priority date(PD) for Nebraska ?

3) Did they stop concurrent filing of I-140 and I-485 ? or Still we have an option to file concurrent applications ? any update would be appreciated greatly.

Thanks,

listen manish buddy - this is not the right forum for your questions - these things have been discussed in other appropriate forums - please try checking out other forums before you disorient this tracker

I called the Chicago NPC and they said my case has been transfered to Dallas BEC. My RD is SEP 14th, 2004. She asked me the date my LC was received by them and told me it has been sent to BEC. She not even checked her system.

Eb3->eb2

Guys,

Since we have to do brand new advertisements and stuff in order to convert the pending LC to PERM, is it posssible to make changes in the new adds and job offer so that it will come under EB2?

Even thou i have plenty of experiance they said BS +3yr exp. in the advertisement.

Appriciate you thoughts.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
No that would not be possible. You cannot convert EB3 to EB2. I think convertion from RIR --> PERM is only possible in the same category(EB2 to EB2) or (EB3 to EB3). If you want to file a different PERM LC, that requires readvertising as per the new regulations.
Reason why emplyoers do not file in EB2 even tho you qualify

1). EB2 are Level 2 wages. while EB3 is Level 1 wage. Level 2 prevaling wages are almost twice compared to Level 1 wage depending where you live.
2). You need to have MS or BS+5yrs before you join the sponsoring employer. On the job exp is not counted to wards GC.
3). USCIS is picky and very particular on the above criteria
so its a bit of a risk that you have to take.

desi_boy_usa said:
Guys,

Since we have to do brand new advertisements and stuff in order to convert the pending LC to PERM, is it posssible to make changes in the new adds and job offer so that it will come under EB2?

Even thou i have plenty of experiance they said BS +3yr exp. in the advertisement.

Appriciate you thought.

Thanks

Case transfered to BEC

My Case is also transfered to Dallas BEC.

CASE: RIR
PD: 02/21/04
RD: 11/12/04
Case sent to Dallas: Don't know.

As per the lady who answered the phone all applications starting from Dec 25th 2003(cases which have not yet been assigned to analyst) are either already transfered to Dallas BEC or will be transfered after entering the information in Chicago NPC center.

Not sure if this is a good or bad thing. But it definetly sounds bad to me.

GC_DJ said:
I called the Chicago NPC and they said my case has been transfered to Dallas BEC. My RD is SEP 14th, 2004. She asked me the date my LC was received by them and told me it has been sent to BEC. She not even checked her system.

GC_DJ

Can you explain what it means to IT professionals. Is this related to all EB visa categories. Even if this is true, how many visa numbers are speculated?. I also read yesterday at ilw.com that Bush immigration reform includes temporary raise in visa numbers, Does this mean Bush administration may be talking about the same visa numbers recapturing between 2001 and 2004 or is it additional increase on top of this recaptured numbers?

Here is snapshot from ilw.com

* Renewable visa in 3 year increments, allowing aliens to work and return to home country at will (visas will be open to those currently undocumented).
* No numerical limit to temporary visas which would be open for both skilled and unskilled labor.
* Social security totalization - workers' SS contributions will be repatriated to their home countries.
* Possible temporary increase in permanent visas.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

GC_DJ said:
Just got the breaking news from Shusterman.com That Tom Lantos of (D-CA) has introduced Health Improvement and Professionals act to recapture the unused visa numbers lost between 2001 to 2004 (H.R 139). Hope this pasees all the hurdles and becomes law.

Until we read the language of the bill we can not speculate. Stay tuned to Shusterman.com or other immigration sites, they might post the contents of the bill in the comming weeks.

I am kind of optimistic since Health care professionals come under EB3. If they raise the quota for all the Eb3 category it will benifit IT Professionals. If they decide to create separate category for them and raise only their visa numbers then it will not help us.

knowDOL said:
GC_DJ

Can you explain what it means to IT professionals. Is this related to all EB visa categories. Even if this is true, how many visa numbers are speculated?. I also read yesterday at ilw.com that Bush immigration reform includes temporary raise in visa numbers, Does this mean Bush administration may be talking about the same visa numbers recapturing between 2001 and 2004 or is it additional increase on top of this recaptured numbers?

Here is snapshot from ilw.com

* Renewable visa in 3 year increments, allowing aliens to work and return to home country at will (visas will be open to those currently undocumented).
* No numerical limit to temporary visas which would be open for both skilled and unskilled labor.
* Social security totalization - workers' SS contributions will be repatriated to their home countries.
* Possible temporary increase in permanent visas.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

my case also moved to Dallas BEC

My case is also moved to Dallas BEC.
PD: Aug 2003
RD: Jan 15, 2004.

Looks like our petition to Chicago DOL might go waste. (They might reply that 'We are not incharge of these cases anymore, chk with DBEC' )
We might need another petition for Dallas BEC. (Dallas might reply that, we just got all these cases, we will send a letter in 45days).

Let us send the petition to Chicago soon and see what is their response.

thx.