Chicago Regional DOL Tracker

charles forget the 5 month approval - read my post above -

"The entire backlog cases are predicted to be removed not in 24 months but from 24 month to 30 months from 03/28/2005"

there a lot of cases in the country with PD's ahead of the midwest region..but hey as far as i remember,yours is a regular case right? u might get approved within 5 months then since your PD is older than the RIR cases in US

puhrince said:

"The entire backlog cases are predicted to be removed not in 24 months but from 24 month to 30 months from 03/28/2005"

there a lot of cases in the country with PD's ahead of the midwest region..but hey as far as i remember,yours is a regular case right? u might get approved within 5 months then since your PD is older than the RIR cases in US

I read that post and am a little worried, but again yes my case is regular and has a local office date of 03/2001 so that mite make a difference just hoping my calculation of 5 1/2 months is rite so can plan things accordingly

puhrince said:
"The timing of actual adjudication of cases will depend on two factors: One is the volume of conversion cases after the launch of PERM program on 03/28/2005. The larger the conversions are in number, the smaller the total numbers for the BPC will end up. The second factor is the timing of completion of shipment and data entry. DOL anticipates that it is not going to be for a while that the BPCs actually adjudicate and decide any cases. The entire backlog cases are predicted to be removed not in 24 months but from 24 month to 30 months from 03/28/2005. People should keep patience."

I called Chicago DOL yesterday for my case status (RD DOL07/0604),the lady asked my case number and told me that the case was transfered to Dallas BEC and gave their number to call, when I called Dallas BEC they told they will not reveal any info to the emplyee ,but only to attorney or employer.

Did anybody has got any info about how much time they take to process the cases received from Chicago DOL ??

Please share your concerns.

Thanks!

labor petition from chicago to nation wide

i think the petition should be spread across all regions now - based on the latest update,it looks like our cases are going to sit idle for at least one more year now.
This going to affect not only Chicago cases but ALL - and based on this,i am sure the rest of the people whose cases are from the other DOL's will be willing to sign a petition..
i mean how crazy and nutty can these morons be - not approve cases for half a year and then pack all chicago cases into boxes for the other half of the year..and now bcos of the FIFO rule for backlog centers,we are looking at another year's wait.

puhrince said:
i think the petition should be spread across all regions now - based on the latest update,it looks like our cases are going to sit idle for at least one more year now.
This going to affect not only Chicago cases but ALL - and based on this,i am sure the rest of the people whose cases are from the other DOL's will be willing to sign a petition..
i mean how crazy and nutty can these morons be - not approve cases for half a year and then pack all chicago cases into boxes for the other half of the year..and now bcos of the FIFO rule for backlog centers,we are looking at another year's wait.

I am a Philly DOL Forum member....

I utterly agree with you. I am willing to confer you my complete cooperation on this aspect.

Thanks

AwardMyGC

puhrince said:

well, they mentioned several times that RIR queues processing will be different than traditional. most of the backlog is in the traditional because of the amnesty in april 2001.
this means that a person who applied let's say who applied an RIR in jan 2004 may be certified at the same time a s person who applied traditional due to 245(i) in apri 2001.correct me if i'm wrong.

Well, I do not think that the pettition to Chicago DOL (and soon to any other DOL exept may be NewYork/Boston and San Fancisco, which will anyway remain working till the end of 2005) will do any good. It looks like they already have sent almost all of their cases to collect dust in Dalas BPC. Other DOLs will follow soon if not already. I doubt that they will have them back and work on them just out of pity for the poor applicants who now have to wait months just to give time to the staff in BPCs to ensure correct PD order. I think now is more important to send petitions to both BPCs demanding more clarity of the whole process: 1. they have to establish web sites and provide up to date info like number of cases recieved, from which DOL or SWA, with what PD, how many of them in RIR, how many in TR
2. how many are already enetered in the system + details (PD, RIR/TR, from where) for them 3. how many letters are generated up to now 4. once people have their new case numbers they need to set up ATM, so the current status of the case can be checked 5. they need to provide info about the PD of the cases they are currently working on in both RIR and TR category 6. they need to give info for the number of cases in each category that have choosen the "continue" option in response of the 45-day letter so we will know what the "real" backlog is; How many such cases they have for 2001,2002, 2003, etc.

Only when we know all this information we can make an educated desicion to continnue waiting or at some point withdraw and refile under PERM.

Eli

Good information

I wish atleast one person in USCIS thought about these. But I think no matter what we do, I don't see an end to these waiting anytime soon.

estoykova said:
Well, I do not think that the pettition to Chicago DOL (and soon to any other DOL exept may be NewYork/Boston and San Fancisco, which will anyway remain working till the end of 2005) will do any good. It looks like they already have sent almost all of their cases to collect dust in Dalas BPC. Other DOLs will follow soon if not already. I doubt that they will have them back and work on them just out of pity for the poor applicants who now have to wait months just to give time to the staff in BPCs to ensure correct PD order. I think now is more important to send petitions to both BPCs demanding more clarity of the whole process: 1. they have to establish web sites and provide up to date info like number of cases recieved, from which DOL or SWA, with what PD, how many of them in RIR, how many in TR
2. how many are already enetered in the system + details (PD, RIR/TR, from where) for them 3. how many letters are generated up to now 4. once people have their new case numbers they need to set up ATM, so the current status of the case can be checked 5. they need to provide info about the PD of the cases they are currently working on in both RIR and TR category 6. they need to give info for the number of cases in each category that have choosen the "continue" option in response of the 45-day letter so we will know what the "real" backlog is; How many such cases they have for 2001,2002, 2003, etc.

Only when we know all this information we can make an educated desicion to continnue waiting or at some point withdraw and refile under PERM.

Eli

Substitute LC originally filed under EB2

Substitute LC originally filed under EB2, Can we file I485 and I140 together or the date I140 filed will be the PD. If any one have details, please update forum.

why are we worried

Guys,

I am not able to understand that why are we worried because of moving our cases to Dallas BEC and discussing the time Dallas BEC will take to open our case to approve.

My point is if we are refiling our case in PERM keeping our PD date same as its there in Chicago DOL. Our labor is going to be approved very quick in next 45-60 days after the reply of 45 days letter. Overall PERM is speeding up our process.

Correct me if I am wrong.

manish_shriv said:
Guys,

I am not able to understand that why are we worried because of moving our cases to Dallas BEC and discussing the time Dallas BEC will take to open our case to approve.

My point is if we are refiling our case in PERM keeping our PD date same as its there in Chicago DOL. Our labor is going to be approved very quick in next 45-60 days after the reply of 45 days letter. Overall PERM is speeding up our process.

Correct me if I am wrong.

You can't keep your original PD if you file under PERM......See last few pages and / or PERM implementation.

jaan76 said:
You can't keep your original PD if you file under PERM......See last few pages and / or PERM implementation.

u can keep ur PD if u convert to PERM at a condition that ur add of the position was identical to the orignal one. but the problem with converting to PERM which means keeping the priority date is that ,according to immigration-law.com, ur application will not be processed in 45 to 60 days. whereas for a fresh application where u r a new applicant or u where u decide to drop ur priority date, ur application will be processed in 45 to 60 days. it is an irony, but as usual it is the stupid idiot DOL.

Hi Guys,

There have been a lot of rumours about some opened cases not being sent to the BECs. My RD at chicago DOL is 12/22/2003. I know some of the cases of this date and even of 12/24/2003 have been certified. My lawyer has not received the 45-day letter either.
Is there any chance my case is not transfered to a BEC?
If infact it is an open case and not transfered, does anyone has anidea about when the Chicago DOL intends to process such open cases?

Any comments are appreciated !!!

RD : 12/23/2003

Looking for a employer who can sponsor GC immediate after hiring

LC approved in California. Lost job at 140/485 concurrent filing pending period.
Would like to try the option of finding an employer who is willing to sponsor GC application right after hiring.
7 years of software consulting and development experience with major ERP software in the US.
Please contact me through this forum's Private Message.

RIR LC between Jan 1, 2005 - March 28, 2005

Friends,

Applying for labor certification in RIR in a day or two...where one should be sending LC application? Is it to NPC or BEC or state labor department?. Is there any change in RIR case processing rules between Jan 1, 2005 to March 28, 2005? Would like the application to be sent to right place.

Thanks in advance.

this is what my lawyer said after she contacted Chicago DOL

" I contacted the Chicago regional office today regarding your case. I
was advised by the regional office that all RIR cases received after
December 24, 2003 were forwarded to the Dallas Backlog Reduction Center.
(Your case was forwarded to the regional office on May 28, 2004.) Upon
contacting the Dallas BR Center, I was advised (by an automated system)
that no telephone status was available for any RIR case. The automated
system indicated that data regarding the RIR cases was being transferred to
a new system, and that once that process had been completed, they would
begin sending out backlog reduction letters. There was no indication of how
long that process might take. So, at this point, we just have to wait.
Naturally, the minute that we hear from the BRC regarding your case, we
will be in touch with you. Wish I had better news."

gogia said:
Hi Guys,

There have been a lot of rumours about some opened cases not being sent to the BECs. My RD at chicago DOL is 12/22/2003. I know some of the cases of this date and even of 12/24/2003 have been certified. My lawyer has not received the 45-day letter either.
Is there any chance my case is not transfered to a BEC?
If infact it is an open case and not transfered, does anyone has anidea about when the Chicago DOL intends to process such open cases?

Any comments are appreciated !!!

RD : 12/23/2003

Wait time is Approx. minimum of 5 month

Hi,

For Chicago Regional DOL cases, its expected that the first of the cases will start getting cleared in June 2005. Since your case is May 28,2004, You can expect 7-8 Months before you see your labour cleared.

Kanjoos

but my PD is Jan 23,2003..and i am assuming when they get to chicago cases, they should process it based on PD?

Kanjoos said:
Hi,

For Chicago Regional DOL cases, its expected that the first of the cases will start getting cleared in June 2005. Since your case is May 28,2004, You can expect 7-8 Months before you see your labour cleared.

Kanjoos

Thanks Puhrince,

I just called the new NPC at Chicago for my case status.
I was told that my case has been transferred to Dallas BEC.....

So, it is not that all the cases AFTER 12/24 have been transferred, there were a few unlucky ones before that too :(

Thanks anyway,

RD 12/22/2003

puhrince said:
this is what my lawyer said after she contacted Chicago DOL

" I contacted the Chicago regional office today regarding your case. I
was advised by the regional office that all RIR cases received after
December 24, 2003 were forwarded to the Dallas Backlog Reduction Center.
(Your case was forwarded to the regional office on May 28, 2004.) Upon
contacting the Dallas BR Center, I was advised (by an automated system)
that no telephone status was available for any RIR case. The automated
system indicated that data regarding the RIR cases was being transferred to
a new system, and that once that process had been completed, they would
begin sending out backlog reduction letters. There was no indication of how
long that process might take. So, at this point, we just have to wait.
Naturally, the minute that we hear from the BRC regarding your case, we
will be in touch with you. Wish I had better news."

Remaining Cases!

I hope every one noticed current proccessing timings!

In Chicago Regional office RIR Cases Received before November 2004 got transfered to BEC. And they posted Currently they are processing
Nov 2004 cases! Is that mean they will process the cases From Nov 2004, or they will transfer those to BEC later,

What is going to happen to the cases received after NOV 2004! Will get transfered to BEC or not, If anyone know the answer please post the answer!