Chicago Regional DOL Tracker

Ok, now this is odd, the AVM has my case number, now i am really mad, whether she knew what she was looking at or may be either AVM database or her application database is messed up ?

immi24 said:
kothari_rupesh,

Did you try the AVM? (312-353-1059)

Incase you still did not find it, ask your attorney to call DOL.

Dont worry

The move to BEC has not happened correctly and discrepancies in large scale have happened. DOL is working upon it. They are fixing the move. Once it is done, every one will be sent a letter 45 day confirmation & once our attorney replies back and it goes back to the BEC centers, they will start sequencing it based upon the Priority Dates (Local Office).

So, guys just forget about your LC getting approved if you are Nebraskan (Chicago Regional Office), coz most of the cases will get approval from San Fran/Philadelphia/Atlanta and then Chicago.

I think, they will start processing the cases somewhere in January-February & the priority dates that will go is June-July 2003. They expect to clear 5k-10K per month.

Thanks,
Kanjoos

Hello Puhrince,

If you do not miind, can you cut paste that letter here in this forum and let us send the letter to DOL instead of Senator. Lets send it to Rajiv and he will distribute on behalf of us.

It would be great if you can find that draft and place it here.

thanks

puhrince said:
As I said earlier,I don't think contacting the senators is going to do us any good now..there is news that there is a system in place now and every week we hear about the BEC's and NPC..now all we need to find out is whose case will go where,who gets first priority and whose case will be processed first

But if you still feel like filing a petition,again as i mentioned earlier, there was a thread earlier in the Labor Cert forum where we discussed the draft for this (LongestLabor was leading it) - you may want to check on it..if you all feel this is the way to go,I shall gladly help.

Kanjoos said:
The move to BEC has not happened correctly and discrepancies in large scale have happened. DOL is working upon it. They are fixing the move. Once it is done, every one will be sent a letter 45 day confirmation & once our attorney replies back and it goes back to the BEC centers, they will start sequencing it based upon the Priority Dates (Local Office).

So, guys just forget about your LC getting approved if you are Nebraskan (Chicago Regional Office), coz most of the cases will get approval from San Fran/Philadelphia/Atlanta and then Chicago.

I think, they will start processing the cases somewhere in January-February & the priority dates that will go is June-July 2003. They expect to clear 5k-10K per month.

Thanks,
Kanjoos

These mean is that once they fix the current problem and received confirmation letter (probably) they will sort it out based on PD - Date whwn your labor files at SWA (State) then you have to compete Indiana - Apr. 2001, Arkansas - Jul. 2001, Michigan - Aug. 2003 and some other states.
But if they sort it out based on DOL received Date (When your labor sent to Regional) then you have to compete against Dallas - Jan. 2003 and SF- Mar. 2003 (others will go under Phily).
But we are yet not sure how they are going to sort this cases.

So if you are not form slow labor states/region you are stuck for atleast 1 to 1-1/2 yrs. they will get back to you by End of 2006 is for sure.
And then you have to go for I-140 (some new rules by that time) and then I-485 or CP (again Quota and probably some new rules).

I am tired of thinking positive about this system, they don't have any clear plans/picture for what they are doing or wants to do. and don't want to involve anyone else in planning.

All the best to all of US (us or US or both you guess).

I agree. If you are ok waiting for LC just wait or else try to find a existing LC. I do not see any use by knowing whats happening around me everyday. It is just becoming a big pain to hear different things everyday knowing that nothing can be done from our side.

jaan76 said:
These mean is that once they fix the current problem and received confirmation letter (probably) they will sort it out based on PD - Date whwn your labor files at SWA (State) then you have to compete Indiana - Apr. 2001, Arkansas - Jul. 2001, Michigan - Aug. 2003 and some other states.
But if they sort it out based on DOL received Date (When your labor sent to Regional) then you have to compete against Dallas - Jan. 2003 and SF- Mar. 2003 (others will go under Phily).
But we are yet not sure how they are going to sort this cases.

So if you are not form slow labor states/region you are stuck for atleast 1 to 1-1/2 yrs. they will get back to you by End of 2006 is for sure.
And then you have to go for I-140 (some new rules by that time) and then I-485 or CP (again Quota and probably some new rules).

I am tired of thinking positive about this system, they don't have any clear plans/picture for what they are doing or wants to do. and don't want to involve anyone else in planning.

All the best to all of US (us or US or both you guess).

and one more...

this is the old thread started by mohan_raghukul to file a petition - there was't any letter drafted here, but we almost did thinking that Chicago DOL started working again..what a mistake : )

http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=140372

well, now,its upto all of you guys to look all these up and assimilate info, give inputs and make a plan..am signing off from here for today - tired of browsing thro old threads! : )

Here is the Petition. I think we should tune this to include
1. Almost no Or very little activity at Chicago DOL on Permanent RIR Labor cases since April 2004.
2. Permanent Regular Labor cases are stuck at August 2002 since two years.
3. Need for expiditing the case processing in order to avoid backlog in BEC's.

Please suggest your items and come up with reasonably good petition.

Subject: Delays in labor certification processing

Dear Certifying Officers:

We are writing on behalf of the individuals who have signed the attached petition and countless others affected by the interminable delays in the Alien Labor Certification process.

Disproportionate Waiting Times Unjust

The delay in processing applicant's alien labor certification is causing great concern to many individuals. Many people's lives are unsettled, due to them being uncertain of the outcome of their pending labor certification. In addition, with today's economy, many do not know how much longer they will be able to hold onto their jobs.
It is important that the backlog in processing the labor certification is eliminated, to allow applicants to continue on with their green card processing, which will allow for them to be keep on working and be able to pay their taxes. With the green card in process they will also allow many spouse to be able to join the work force. This in return will benefit our economy.

As it does not appear that the Department of Labor has made any accommodation for this most compelling case, we submit the attached petition and sample data supporting the need to eliminate these backlogs. Thank you for your attention to this most urgent matter.

******************* End of Petition ***************************

Respectfully Submitted:

Law Offices of Rajiv S. Khanna, PC
On behalf of individuals signing the attached petition as well as numerous clients and presently unknown persons affected by the backlog.

puhrince said:
looks like people have asked Rajiv Khanna before to file a petition too..this is an old petition for general labor processing delays..we can modify this to suit our needs

http://www.immigration.com/common/rsk/petition_labor.html

Hi Guys,

This is what is posted in the immigration-law web site

"11/30/2004: OMB Decision of PERM Final Regulation Extended Again

The White House (OMB) reports today in its web site that the review of this regulatory review has been extended. "

Does this mean that the PERM is put on the hold for a while? In that case the NPCs, which were supposed to process PERM, will now function as BRCs. In which case there will be four centers functioning as BRCs. Maybe it is good news for many, who are waiting for ever. Maybe it is bad news for some who were hoping to use PERM.

Higcoptimist

Thanks KnowDOL.

1. Paragraph 1 and 2 are fine.
2. I would suggest paragraph three as follows:

Subject: Delays in labor certification processing

Dear Certifying Officers:

We are writing on behalf of the individuals who have signed the attached petition and countless others affected by the interminable delays in the Alien Labor Certification process.

Disproportionate Waiting Times Unjust

The delay in processing applicant's alien labor certification is causing great concern to many individuals. Many people's lives are unsettled, due to them being uncertain of the outcome of their pending labor certification. In addition, with today's economy, many do not know how much longer they will be able to hold onto their jobs.
It is important that the backlog in processing the labor certification is eliminated, to allow applicants to continue on with their green card processing, which will allow for them to be keep on working and be able to pay their taxes. With the green card in process they will also allow many spouse to be able to join the work force. This in return will benefit our economy.

Matter of fact throughout 2004, Chicago DOL Permanent Foreign Labor Certification Division has been in hibernation state. We are concerned of continuously piling permanent labor application at Chicago DOL. We are aware of Memorandum released by DOL on Sept 29 outlining the transition plan for labor certification processing during Fiscal Year 2005. The memorandum sets the goal of clearing labor certification backlogs in next 2 years through it's two Backlog Elimination Centres (BECs). We see this goal is only achievable if Chicago DOL doesn't stop labor certification processing in anticipation of passing the bucks to BECs.

Majority of the applicants has filed labor application on or before 2003. Considering 2 more years to clear backlog through BECs, it will take 4 years to clear labor certification only. Labor certification is first stage of mulit stage permanent residency process.

As it does not appear that the DOL Chicago has any accommodation for this most compelling case, we submit the attached petition and sample data supporting the need to eliminate these backlogs as soon as possible. Thank you for your attention to this most urgent matter.

Guys,

I think we should also include the fact that although other center's are still processing cases, CHi-DOL seems to have not...the assurances and the substantiation provided (in an earlier thread posted by someone about moving people working in chi-dol to h2a processing and back)..seems too cliched and although BRC's may come in or NPC's may kick in, why has the processing stopped...that is the issue we need to bring to the limelight, because frankly, after reading the current proposed petition, it is easy for anyone to come-up with evasive answers..such as the explanation about H2-A and temp cases processing...

My advice is to have the above included as well...not the same way i have described...but with similar content ..

I am not sure if we could use

"In addition, with today's economy, many do not know how much longer they will be able to hold on to their jobs. "

Remember, the our labor certification is for the positions for which no local candidates are not available, or unwilling to work for. Instead we could express our intentions to continue to pay taxes, buy homes and materials, benifiting the economy constructively. With the present uncertain situation, we are emotionally very stressed, hence are holding back, from buying homes and actively participating in the upliftment of the communities we live in.

That's my two cents worth.

Higcoptimist

Peculiar situation

After waiting for almost an year I see my case in the Regional DOL. However the receipt date says as May'27th 2004. When my employer called Sate office back in April this year, they had mentioned the case was forwarded to DOL on Feb'23 2004 it self. Here are my dates.

Applied - Sep'20th 2003
forwarded to DOL as per SWA - Feb'22nd 2004
Into the DOL AVM system - May27th 2004?????? How is this possible

Nof

Hi Everyone,

My employer filed my labor petitions from Maine and IOWA. Maine labor went to boston dol and received NOF stating that Intention to Deny and telling that labor should apply from company headquarters (IOWA is hq) and submit all Incometax and W2 information.
My IOWA labor went to chicago DOL in Jan end.
If attorney responds to NOF, then unfortunately, Labor denied, then what will be the consequences? Shall I continue IOWA labor?
I am not sure when Chicago DOL will process Jan end cases? My 6 yrs limit will finish in Mar,05.

Please suggest me. Advance Thanks

Case status at Chicago DOL??

Hello All
My company applied for Labor from Illinois in January 2004 and right now SESA Illinois is processing March 20,2004 cases. I just wanted to make sure if my cases moved to Chicago DOL successfully. I contacted my lawyer and
he says Chicago DOL doesn't send any notice after it receives any cases. However he gave me two case numbers which were moved from my company to DOL, one in july and another in september 2004.
Based on the processing timelines i guess mine might be the one which moved in september.
Here is my question. Is there anyway to doublecheck that the case number he mentioned belongs to me. How do i know detailed information about that particualr case. Is it true that Attorney wont be knowing it in detail when the case is moved to DOL from Illinois. Can anyone please let me know how this works.

Thanks a lot

what does NOF mean?

pk_karim said:
Hi Everyone,

My employer filed my labor petitions from Maine and IOWA. Maine labor went to boston dol and received NOF stating that Intention to Deny and telling that labor should apply from company headquarters (IOWA is hq) and submit all Incometax and W2 information.
My IOWA labor went to chicago DOL in Jan end.
If attorney responds to NOF, then unfortunately, Labor denied, then what will be the consequences? Shall I continue IOWA labor?
I am not sure when Chicago DOL will process Jan end cases? My 6 yrs limit will finish in Mar,05.

Please suggest me. Advance Thanks

Same here, My lawyer says that my application has moved to Region in April 2004 and she did not receive any notice of transmittal from the state to be sure.
Question : Who will send the Notice SESA or DOL ?