Chicago Regional DOL Tracker

Interesting question about 7th yr ext

Guys,

This is an hypothetical situation but I guess a lot of people will fall into this kinda situation if EB3 starts retrogressing.

I understand that, A 365 days pending labor petition qualifies for a 1 yr extension. So, lets assume that you get your first (1 yr) ext. based on pending labor. your labor gets approved and since EB3 will retrogress, you will only apply for I-140. If this takes about 12 months or more to get aproved and you don't have time to apply for I-485 or an EAD, how will you get your second 1 yr extension. (because your 485 was not 365 day pending and your labor is already approved).

I guess, in short my question is, if EB3 does retrogress, what will be the criteria for applying for a second 1 yr ext.???

Thanks Guys.

cincidude said:
Guys,

This is an hypothetical situation but I guess a lot of people will fall into this kinda situation if EB3 starts retrogressing.

I understand that, A 365 days pending labor petition qualifies for a 1 yr extension. So, lets assume that you get your first (1 yr) ext. based on pending labor. your labor gets approved and since EB3 will retrogress, you will only apply for I-140. If this takes about 12 months or more to get aproved and you don't have time to apply for I-485 or an EAD, how will you get your second 1 yr extension. (because your 485 was not 365 day pending and your labor is already approved).

I guess, in short my question is, if EB3 does retrogress, what will be the criteria for applying for a second 1 yr ext.???

Thanks Guys.

You can file Extension on basis of Pending I-140 also.

PD and EB3 retrogress

despgc said:
what will happen if I140 approves and pd is not near the cut off date..

:confused:

I just read a lot of articles on this issue after posting my initial question.
DA:)

The answer to your questions is, If you get your 140 approved and your PD is not current, you can actually apply for a 3 year extension(not just 1 year ext). This is kinda cool. This issue has not been getting attention so far, because of the categories being current. BTW, this is according to AC21

Hopefully that answers your question.

EB2 or EB3

what is my situation???? EB2 or EB3

750A&B says min 3 yrs required with BS
I have more than 5 yrs exp(with BS) and declared the same in labor petion
How can i file I-140/I485 in EB2 or EB3??????

pk_karim said:
what is my situation???? EB2 or EB3

750A&B says min 3 yrs required with BS
I have more than 5 yrs exp(with BS) and declared the same in labor petion
How can i file I-140/I485 in EB2 or EB3??????

EB3.
The category depends on the requrement not on your qualification as far as I understand.

backlog case

In the first shipment --- unopened cases prior to 2003 receipt date (may be indiana)
second shipment ---unopened cases prior to jan 1st ,2005 receipt date (may be remaining states)

will be transfered to dallas.
Still yet to get opend cases guide lince.

This thread is for Federal Cases. We are posting info about SWAs then it's consufing for others.
Anyone has info about chicago federal cases future?????????? :confused: :confused: :( :mad: :mad:

pk_karim :eek:

Guess thats what I said pretty clearly that the memo doesnt say anything abt the cases that moved to Regional Offices aka Fedral Cases..... :rolleyes:

Besides the post was not for SWA's like it was interpreted ... it was abt the Backlog Processing/ Elimination Centers the title says so in bold ..... and again it was regarding ur question as to where ur case like the rest of us here was gonna be processed ...... :mad: guess no one knows yet !!!

Am not sure abt others here but this is the only concrete inforamtion that I have seen in the last few months abt Backlog Processing/ Elimination Centers from the DOL and not speculations that the lawyers tell us... I maybe wrong ...if there is please post it here. :confused:

----------------------------
- Darth Vader
Heaven Doesn't Want Me And Hell Is Afraid I'll Take Over. :D :p

pk_karim said:
This thread is for Federal Cases. We are posting info about SWAs then it's consufing for others.
Anyone has info about chicago federal cases future??????????

Status of the letter to Senator

Please let us know the status of the letter that was supposed to be sent to the Senator.

Let us plan a date when we want to send the letter out to the Senator.

Thanks.

wait wait wait

Employment Visa Numbers Retrogress!
Dec 09, 2004

As predicted, the Department of State (DOS) has announced that the Employment Based, 3rd Preference (EB3) visa numbers for India, mainland China, and the Philippines will retrogress on January 1, 2005. The EB3 numbers for nationals of the listed countries will retrogress to January 1, 2002. This means that, as of January 1, 2005, anyone who is the beneficiary of a labor certification (or I-140 if a labor certification was not required) in the EB3 category filed on or after January 1, 2002, will not be permitted to file the I-485 or have a consular interview for an immigrant visa until the numbers move beyond this date. The DOS has indicated that further retrogression may be possible in future months. For a detailed analysis of the implications of retrogression, see our Sep 24, 2004 article, Priority Dates May Retrogress <murthy.com/news/n_pridat.html>, available on MurthyDotCom. The DOS Visa Dates <murthy.com/visadate.html> are also available on MurthyDotCom.

Dooms day

:( The dates retrogress thus far means...

For a PD of March 2004, 2 yrs wait for LC.
another 1 year wait for 485 filing,
another 2 to 3 years for GC.

All put together 5 or 6 years to get a GC, provided you dont lose your job.

God Bless America
&
India Maa tujhe Salaam...

I will start working on moving to India than live in this place of Uncertainity. :D

don't go for approved labour

Some body in this forum saying , pd for approved labour is 140 filed date.If that is the case , i think you can't file i 485 . Need to wait untli pd becomes current.