Chicago Regional DOL Tracker

so do u think the retrogression works against people going for Consular Processing too? (collecting the GC in India) - if not, that is an alternate option anyway

anandrajesh said:
:( The dates retrogress thus far means...

For a PD of March 2004, 2 yrs wait for LC.
another 1 year wait for 485 filing,
another 2 to 3 years for GC.

All put together 5 or 6 years to get a GC, provided you dont lose your job.

God Bless America
&
India Maa tujhe Salaam...

I will start working on moving to India than live in this place of Uncertainity. :D

Nope. Irrespective of the path you chose I-140/485 or Consular Processing, your Priority date has to be active to go for it.

puhrince said:
so do u think the retrogression works against people going for Consular Processing too? (collecting the GC in India) - if not, that is an alternate option anyway

In 750A forms mentioned 3 yrs, BS required
In 750B mentioned total expereince claimed 7 yrs from all previous employers.
Which one is mine????? EB2 or EB3????????????????

Hi GP111,

pk_karim said:
Hi GP111,

EB-3

Yeah it is fair for them, but unfortunately it is unfair to me.
It all depends on what side you see it. Hopefully the new measures ends up favourable to those who deserve it.

misunderstood said:
anandrajesh,

Thats the usual case (the wait), because remember, those with a labor certification priority date older than 01Jan2002 also have had a long wait in their LC stage (close to 3 yrs to clear LC, and those in Indiana, have still not cleared LC from April 2001, even for RIR). I'm sure they would see this as a fair outcome for the wait they have endured, 'cause it leaves the resources to handle the older cases for 140 and 485.

I think once they clear the backlogs, it will be a quicked process, but like I've heard, the requirements are going to be more stringent though.

Good luck.

pk_karim said:
what is my situation???? EB2 or EB3

750A&B says min 3 yrs required with BS
I have more than 5 yrs exp(with BS) and declared the same in labor petion
How can i file I-140/I485 in EB2 or EB3??????

I think you will fall under EB2 .EB2 is based upon your qualification not the experience required for the position

PD for an approved labor?

Earlier this month, one of my friend's company applied I140/485 using
an approved labor for him.

His attorney today says that the PD for approved labor is the original LC
filed date not the I140 filed date.

I am confused now. Can somebody clarify this issue?

indu116 said:
Some body in this forum saying , pd for approved labour is 140 filed date.If that is the case , i think you can't file i 485 . Need to wait untli pd becomes current.

iplayfun said:
I think you will fall under EB2 .EB2 is based upon your qualification not the experience required for the position

Not true... EB2 Strictly depends on Experience/Qualifications required fro the position irrespective of what actual Qualification you have...

see the attachment for further information

VHD999 said:
Earlier this month, one of my friend's company applied I140/485 using
an approved labor for him.

His attorney today says that the PD for approved labor is the original LC
filed date not the I140 filed date.

I am confused now. Can somebody clarify this issue?

was that a preapproved labor or labor approved on his name ??

gp111 said:
Not true... EB2 Strictly depends on Experience/Qualifications required fro the position irrespective of what actual Qualification you have...

see the attachment for further information

I got MS from US and applied for Labor on 26th sep 2003 and been working from Jan 01..am I EB2 or EB3..bcause document that u attached is great but 2 confusing..may be u can shed some light..thanks

gfgc said:
I got MS from US and applied for Labor on 26th sep 2003 and been working from Jan 01..am I EB2 or EB3..bcause document that u attached is great but 2 confusing..may be u can shed some light..thanks

You should be eligible for EB2 (given your attorney/HR has drafted Advertisment / job profile such a way to justify MS as job requirement)

I confirmed about this with my Attorney. He said that for pre-approved labor ,the PD on the original LC applies.

indu116 said:
Some body in this forum saying , pd for approved labour is 140 filed date.If that is the case , i think you can't file i 485 . Need to wait untli pd becomes current.

Priority Date

Priority date is:

A. The date when the state labor was filed, OR
B. The date when the federal labor was cleared.

Cross check with another attorney

Your attorney is wrong.PD is always alien based and non-transferable. I suggest you better check with immigration experts like Offices of Rajiv. Khanna or Sheela Murthy.

help4lc said:
I confirmed about this with my Attorney. He said that for pre-approved labor ,the PD on the original LC applies.

My friend confirmed with his attorney that for approved labor the
original PD is still applicable.

sri302 said:
Your attorney is wrong.PD is always alien based and non-transferable. I suggest you better check with immigration experts like Offices of Rajiv. Khanna or Sheela Murthy.

Hi friends,

Any update on the Petetion for Chicago DOL, lot of people responded for participation, please let us know.

Thanks
Kamma

I dont think so. The PD is alien based not Application Based. If you go thru the normal LC process the PD is the date u submit ur app at State and if you have pre-aproved labor, then it is the date u submit ur 140.

Atleast this is what my attorney told me. May be a more experienced Attorney like Rajiv can clarify.

VHD999 said:

PD Date

PD is when your State was filled. For approved labour PD is 140 filling date.
Your friend's attorney is wrong.

VHD999 said: