Chicago Regional DOL Tracker

petition letter

I think we need to sent each and every senator and officers. Please give me the letter. I will try to prepare the mailing list.

higcoptimist said:
I am not sure if we could use

"In addition, with today's economy, many do not know how much longer they will be able to hold on to their jobs. "

Remember, the our labor certification is for the positions for which no local candidates are not available, or unwilling to work for. Instead we could express our intentions to continue to pay taxes, buy homes and materials, benifiting the economy constructively. With the present uncertain situation, we are emotionally very stressed, hence are holding back, from buying homes and actively participating in the upliftment of the communities we live in.

That's my two cents worth.

Higcoptimist

gth999 said:
Same here, My lawyer says that my application has moved to Region in April 2004 and she did not receive any notice of transmittal from the state to be sure.
Question : Who will send the Notice SESA or DOL ?

for my case the lawyer received a notice from SESA and he sent me a copy of that notification.... :)

is Chicago Dol going to work on files this month?

In my case the lawyer had received a notice of transmittal from state. Anyway I guess, it really doesn't matter. :)

Does anyone know if chicago DOL wud be working on files this month. Most of the DOl irrespective of the coming changes are still working, so why isn't Chicago doing their work. Eventhough Atlanta and Chicago are going to be in the same boat from Jan 2005, atlanta is still processing the labor, why can't chicago follow the same.

Does anyone have the latest news?! I am still keeping my fingers crossed,
'cuz perm and its new set of rules will still take a mlonth or so to start off.

My case receipt date in DOL is 29th Dec 2003.

Last edited by a moderator:
Chicago query answer

Hi

Chicago DOL had sent back my application to state, with the comment, to do more hiring process and so?

My company did that and had replied to the query and submitted to state, but as of now it is more than a month but haven't got any clarification or response from state?
What should I do?

Thanks

rhythmram said:
I Called the DOL last friday to know my case #. When i called a lady picked it up and she asked my Last Name, First Name, Employer Phone Number and she told me that my case was transfered to DOL in March and entered into the system in May.....

My question is what's the meaning of "entered into system" ???
1. Means the application is assigned to some one ???
2. Means the application was open ???

Some one who know about this please do reply.... :confused: :confused: :eek:

Thanks
rhythm
Hi Ram,

Could you please let us know the number to call DOL to find out the case number.

Thanks a lot.

if anybody can answer my question, please.
what does RIR or NON RIR case mean?
the state I applied to is Kansas. From there my lawyer received a note saying that the state's involvement in Kansas is done and now it's in the Chicago's regional office. When I call the Chicago's number it says it was received on July 7, 2004

When will they make a decision? I have applied since 2001. Can anyone help me? ThankS!

Answers to all of you guys question above

DanielaB82 said:
if anybody can answer my question, please.
what does RIR or NON RIR case mean?
the state I applied to is Kansas. From there my lawyer received a note saying that the state's involvement in Kansas is done and now it's in the Chicago's regional office. When I call the Chicago's number it says it was received on July 7, 2004

When will they make a decision? I have applied since 2001. Can anyone help me? ThankS!

Here is all your replies, hope it helps :

RIR - Reduction In Recruitment (Fast Track Processing Labour)
Non-RIR - Non Reduction in Recruitment (Normal Processing for Labour)

Green Card is a 3 stage process - Labour, I-140 & I-485. Labour is the first part where your company tells the State Workforce Agency that they have a requirement for a permanent labour and that skill is currently not available in US. Its for future requirement.

Labour is a two stage process SWA (State WorkForce Agency) & DOL(Department of Labour Regional Level) -

SWA is at State level, DOL is at Regional level. First the SWA clears and sends to DOL, DOL rechecks and verifies and gives the final approval. Once case certified from DOL , we call it as Labour process is satisfactorily over.

For timeline for the case being processed click on below given link :

http://workforcesecurity.doleta.gov/foreign/times.asp

There are different DOT codes for different kind of Labour skills. Currently the Labour for IT is on standstill at Chicago. So if your DOT code is something related to IT.

Currently DOL is being restructured and instead of 8 offices , now thier will only be 2 office which will be called BEC (Backlog Elimination Center). It will be Philadelphia & Dallas. Then thier is something called NPC (National Processing Center) which will be Chicago & Atlanta.

Perhaps you should patiently wait as lots of things going on. Data is being transferred from Old CAPS system to new PBLS system in DALLAS & PHILADELPHIA. DOL recently said, they were unable to transfer the data 100% correctly, so they are again in process of transfering it.

File transfers from State to region , so the day file is transfered and received by DOL , that becomes the date of processing for the file. File entered in system is basically when they put the file entry in system. It takes like sometimes 2 weeks to 3-4 months to enter file & case number getting assigned.

Currently , thier is no case processing happening in Chicago region as Chicago region is still in process of reorganization,assignment of work & getting training. Chicago and Nebraska region are basically becoming the bulk processing center, although the cases r being transfered equally, but still most of the cases are in this region and they have yet to figure out how to distribute the cases.

Thanks,
Kanjoos

Answer to You karim

pk_karim said:
Hi Everyone,

My employer filed my labor petitions from Maine and IOWA. Maine labor went to boston dol and received NOF stating that Intention to Deny and telling that labor should apply from company headquarters (IOWA is hq) and submit all Incometax and W2 information.
My IOWA labor went to chicago DOL in Jan end.
If attorney responds to NOF, then unfortunately, Labor denied, then what will be the consequences? Shall I continue IOWA labor?
I am not sure when Chicago DOL will process Jan end cases? My 6 yrs limit will finish in Mar,05.

Please suggest me. Advance Thanks

Its correct that , now a days Permanent Labour has to be filed from state where your company's headquarter exist(For Green Card) and Temporary labour (H1B) has to be filed from the state where you physically work.

It doesnt matter when Chicago will process Jan end cases, what currently matters to you is staying and earning in US on a valid visa and not getting in any trouble with the immigration and Law enforcement agency (Department of Homeland Security) . You can do that , if your Labour was filed 1 year from your 6th Year completion date.

If that was done, then get the 7th Year Extension on H1B, based upong pending Permanent labour for 1 year. You can keep extending your H1B till you get your GC.

Hope that helps you.

Thanks,
Kanjoos

To Karim

pk_karim said:
Hi Everyone,

My employer filed my labor petitions from Maine and IOWA. Maine labor went to boston dol and received NOF stating that Intention to Deny and telling that labor should apply from company headquarters (IOWA is hq) and submit all Incometax and W2 information.
If attorney responds to NOF, then unfortunately, Labor denied, then what will be the consequences? Shall I continue IOWA labor?
I am not sure when Chicago DOL will process Jan end cases? My 6 yrs limit will finish in Mar,05.

Sorry, I did not reply for the below given part, so responding again.

You should persue only IOWA labour and not Maine-Boston. You are safe as your case has moved to Chicago Regional DOL. I think if it went in Jan 2004 then you are very much safe.

Enjoy

I agree with you.

higcoptimist said:
I am not sure if we could use

"In addition, with today's economy, many do not know how much longer they will be able to hold on to their jobs. "

Remember, the our labor certification is for the positions for which no local candidates are not available, or unwilling to work for. Instead we could express our intentions to continue to pay taxes, buy homes and materials, benifiting the economy constructively. With the present uncertain situation, we are emotionally very stressed, hence are holding back, from buying homes and actively participating in the upliftment of the communities we live in.

That's my two cents worth.

Higcoptimist

First of all , Permanent labour is for future job reqiuirement and not for the current job rewuirement. For immediate requirement, its called temp LCA thats H1B/H2B/H2A labour applications.

Labour has nothing to do with the Salary/Living/Tax filing first of all. Green card can be filed for a person sitting in INDIA who has never worked in US.
Labour doesnt happen for a particular person, it happens for a company. Company puts an Advertisement for future requirements. At I-140 stages also the company has to show the Tax-Returns and bankbalance as to how they will be able to pay the person, if they are doing good business for past several years or not.

Since we are already in US working, they put a name on the labour and I-140 is associated with a name.
And hence they just ask us to send what ever details we have for authenticity purpose.

Nof???

Hi Everyone,

chicago acting as BEC

I have one question ...I read somewhere that if PERM doesn't come into effect Chicago will be acting as a BEC.In that case will our case remain in Chicago or get shipped of somewhere else.

Where ever the case is, DOL will make sure that it takes long enough time to process so that it will follow national FIFO across BEC's.
iplayfun said:
I have one question ...I read somewhere that if PERM doesn't come into effect Chicago will be acting as a BEC.In that case will our case remain in Chicago or get shipped of somewhere else.

I just called Chicago DOL at (312)-886-8000 to find out the latest status. The lady said, "Call your attorney and ask him to call us."

I guess they have been receiving too many calls these days from people like us.

Anyways, someone please give an update on the letter that we were going to send to some senator.

There is a seperate thread for CHicago DOL related petition

Hi All,

Can you pl. visit the Separate Thread for Chicago Labor Petetion and participate , the more people participate is better.
http://www.immigrationportal.com/sh...ad.php?t=140372

gcin05 said:
I just called Chicago DOL at (312)-886-8000 to find out the latest status. The lady said, "Call your attorney and ask him to call us."

I guess they have been receiving too many calls these days from people like us.

Anyways, someone please give an update on the letter that we were going to send to some senator.

Chicago becomes a BEC

When philly started acting as a BEC they processed the philadelphia regional cases first.So if Chicago becomes a BEC won't they process our cases first