Chicago Regional DOL Tracker

Should I worry?

When you say that all EB3 cases will retrogress, let me ask you whether this affects people from all countries, for example Poland? As far as I understand it, there are per-country limits and global limits for GC issuance. As long as annual GC cap is not reached for Poland then Polish people should be OK, right?
:rolleyes:

What is the condition of my case? Please help

My case is RIR in OHIO, In August, they sent us a letter ans ask for more documents about prevailing wage and job classification. The lawyer sent these documents to Ohio in earlier October.

At the end of October, we can find the case No. in Chicage by AVM. The lawyer said the case has been sent to the Chicago to make a final decision on the prevailing wage and job classification issue. Does it mean our case has been proved by OHIO, and wait for the approved by Chicago? Or OHIO can not decide it? When is our time in Chicago, is it Oct?

javaguy1974 said:
When you say that all EB3 cases will retrogress, let me ask you whether this affects people from all countries, for example Poland? As far as I understand it, there are per-country limits and global limits for GC issuance. As long as annual GC cap is not reached for Poland then Polish people should be OK, right?

That's correct.. only people born in India, China, Mexico & Philippines gets affected the EB3 Retrogression.

javaguy1974 said:

If you are Polish then you must throw a party today. Because this retrogression is only going to affect applicants from India, China and Phllipines. Applicants form all other contries will be fine.

Good Luck.

APD said:
If you are Polish then you must throw a party today. Because this retrogression is only going to affect applicants from India, China and Phllipines. Applicants form all other contries will be fine.

Good Luck.

if dol begins removing its backlog soon, uscis will be flooded soon with i140/i485 from all countries. so I expect that in the near future all the eb 2 and 3 categories for all countries will retrogress. any thoughts?

regards,

Following extract from the current visa bulletin will provide some background to those who are wondering "what" started this debate on EB3 retrogression -

EMPLOYMENT THIRD PREFERENCE VISA AVAILABILITY IN JANUARY

In recent months we have been experiencing very heavy applicant demand in the Employment categories as the Citizenship and Immigration Service has begun to address their backlog of cases. Section 201(a)(2) of the Immigration and Nationality Act states that not more than twenty-seven percent of the Employment annual limit may be used in each of the first three quarters of a fiscal year. Based on the current rate of demand it is likely that we will exceed twenty-seven percent of annual limit during the first quarter of FY-2005. Therefore, it may be necessary to impose an Employment Third preference cut-off date for January, to limit number use during the second quarter. At this time it is not possible to offer any estimate regarding what that cut-off date might be, but it is likely to apply only to the following chargeability areas: China-mainland born, India, and the Philippines.
----------------------------------------------------------------

I know this isn't the forum that should be discussing the topic, but this is something that will affect our GC process.

APD said:

Good Luck.

Thanks for the info! :)

Dear all,

My attorny submitted all information to DOL as requested in my remanded letter.
Submited date: 11/12/04
My Case number: 031.262-010 Remanded on 9/14/2004

Please can some one tell me how much time its take to confirm the approval after providing all requested information

How can I track the status.

****Chicago AVM is not working from last three days and after trying other number, reception giving me AVM number to track the case.

Thanks in advance

Regards

mvyas said:
Dear all,

My attorny submitted all information to DOL as requested in my remanded letter.
Submited date: 11/12/04
My Case number: 031.262-010 Remanded on 9/14/2004

Please can some one tell me how much time its take to confirm the approval after providing all requested information

How can I track the status.

****Chicago AVM is not working from last three days and after trying other number, reception giving me AVM number to track the case.

Thanks in advance

Regards

Did she gave a new AVM number or is the number the same, Also I tried the AVM number and this keeps rining continuously...

Last edited by a moderator:
Where will my case go? NPC or BEC ??

My LC has PD Dec 03 and RD in Chicago DOL May 04. Can anyone update me where will my case be processed in NPC, Chicago or BEC??

knowDOL said:
My LC has PD Dec 03 and RD in Chicago DOL May 04. Can anyone update me where will my case be processed in NPC, Chicago or BEC??

I will tell you in January. Enjoy your Holidays.
Just kedding. My friend it is a big mistery what will happen to Chicago cases. No one has correct answer to your question at this moment.
The only option for you is to wait & watch in frustration like everyone else in this forum.

Good Luck.

consequences of retrogression ?

How does the Eb3 Retrogression affect I140 / 485 application ?
Could someone please explain what it means ?
Does it mean that after Labor is cleared concurrent filing is not possible and just I140 application can be done ?
Does it affect EAD / AP ? When do we get the Interim EAD

gp111 / others - Please explain - I am not fully aware of the consequences.

LaborIL said:
Following extract from the current visa bulletin will provide some background to those who are wondering "what" started this debate on EB3 retrogression -

EMPLOYMENT THIRD PREFERENCE VISA AVAILABILITY IN JANUARY

In recent months we have been experiencing very heavy applicant demand in the Employment categories as the Citizenship and Immigration Service has begun to address their backlog of cases. Section 201(a)(2) of the Immigration and Nationality Act states that not more than twenty-seven percent of the Employment annual limit may be used in each of the first three quarters of a fiscal year. Based on the current rate of demand it is likely that we will exceed twenty-seven percent of annual limit during the first quarter of FY-2005. Therefore, it may be necessary to impose an Employment Third preference cut-off date for January, to limit number use during the second quarter. At this time it is not possible to offer any estimate regarding what that cut-off date might be, but it is likely to apply only to the following chargeability areas: China-mainland born, India, and the Philippines.
----------------------------------------------------------------

I know this isn't the forum that should be discussing the topic, but this is something that will affect our GC process.

Last edited by a moderator:
What is the condition of my case? Please help

My case is RIR in OHIO. In August 04, they sent us a letter ans ask for more documents about prevailing wage and job classification. Then the lawyer sent these documents to Ohio in earlier October.

At the end of October, we can find the case No. in Chicage by AVM. However, OHIO did not tell us they has sent our case to Chicago. The lawyer only guess that state just want Chicago to make a final decision on the prevailing wage and job classification issue.
Any one have soem idea of how long it will take for chicago to make this final decision on the prevailing wage and job classification issue?

When is our PD in Chicago, is it Oct 04?

help4lc said:
How does the Eb3 Retrogression affect I140 / 485 application ?
Could someone please explain what it means ?
Does it mean that after Labor is cleared concurrent filing is not possible and just I140 application can be done ?
Does it affect EAD / AP ? When do we get the Interim EAD

gp111 / others - Please explain - I am not fully aware of the consequences.

If you are from India / Mainland China / philippines & Your Priority Date (The LC application date at SWA) is not before the Cutoff date you will have to wait for filind I-485, You can file I-140 in meantime & wait for cutoff date to progress & reach your PD. You can only get EAD/AP after you apply fo I-485 unless USCIS changes something.

Hi gp111,
As always - you gave a quick reply.
Thanks again.

When at about Interim EAD - when can I get that ?
I am asking this for my spouse. I believe an Interim EAD allows the spouse to start working legally ? When do we get Interim EAD ?

gp111 said:
If you are from India / Mainland China / philippines & Your Priority Date (The LC application date at SWA) is not before the Cutoff date you will have to wait for filind I-485, You can file I-140 in meantime & wait for cutoff date to progress & reach your PD. You can only get EAD/AP after you apply fo I-485 unless USCIS changes something.

Labor approved at Boston goes to Vermont Service Center .Is that correct ?
What about Chicago ? Which SVC ?

From the horses mouth

My lawyer recently contacted the DOL and got and email back from the Ast Certifying officer about why the cases are being delayed. This is the response from the CO.

"In December of 03, the Employment and Training Administration proceeded with its plans to reorganize the agency (as mandated by the Secy of Labor). At that time, our office merged with the Kansas City, MO Regional Office and, as a result, we picked up their workload on H-2A and H-2B (the perm workload shifted over in Oct. of 01 in anticipation of the reorganization).

As you know, H-2A and H-2B case processing carry priority over other case processing when the active season starts (which starts in November and runs for 10 months). Since the Regional Office in MO had a much higher workload on the temp side, I had to shift some staff from perm processing to temp processing to meet legislative timelines. In August, when the season slowed down, I shifted staff back to perm processing.

Pls let your clients know that the Regional Office HAS NOT CEASED PROCESSING RIR CASES. We are currently working cases that were assigned to staff PRIOR TO December 24, 2003. However, keep in mind that the H-2A/H-2B activity season has started again and I have now shifted some staff back to temp processing.

I hope this answers the concerns you have."

ON CASES BEING TRANSFERED TO BRC. MY LAWYERS OPINION IS THAT THIS WILL HAPPEN FOR OLD CASES - "conventional cases that have been pending there for several years."

I HOPE THIS INFORMATION HELPS YOU ALL.

Priority Date is the date on which your LC is filed at SWA [State Workforce Agency]. Received Date is the date on which your file is received by the Regional DOL. In your case, if you find in AVM that Received date is some time in Oct 2004 then your RD is Oct 04 and your PD is the date on which your LC if filed with SWA.

If you are using substitution LC then your PD is the date on which you file your 140.

Michael-RIR said:
My case is RIR in OHIO. In August 04, they sent us a letter ans ask for more documents about prevailing wage and job classification. Then the lawyer sent these documents to Ohio in earlier October.

At the end of October, we can find the case No. in Chicage by AVM. However, OHIO did not tell us they has sent our case to Chicago. The lawyer only guess that state just want Chicago to make a final decision on the prevailing wage and job classification issue.
Any one have soem idea of how long it will take for chicago to make this final decision on the prevailing wage and job classification issue?

When is our PD in Chicago, is it Oct 04?