Chicago Regional DOL Tracker - Old (Archived on 09/22/2004)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bazuka - i am confused - u said most backlogged regions will be addressed before other regions,but the next sentence you say dallas applications will be worked on first...thats contradicting each other. also,the link u provided dosen't give any indication of the same, rather the link dosen't help us in anyway..?

Hi Guys.

Hi guys,

As one who is waiting for his LC, I have been watching this list quietly for some time. Thank you all for the information. :)
My Priority Date was May. 26th 2004 that is the date it was transmitted from Michigan to Chicago.
I have one question about cases to be transferred to the new backlog reduction centers will Chicago transfer all the cases pending till date or they are going to transfer a part of cases with a cut of date. Sorry for my ignorance. :confused:
Thank you, in advance for your replies.
Regards.

Nobody knows no-luck .Whatever you have read is speculations .The best thing to do is WAIT and watch .Chicago-DOL is tight-lipped about the processing plan. In fact they dont pick up the phone now a days.....

As somebody here mentioned his case (RD Dec 18th) will be moved to BRC on 20th ...lets see whats next .

To PUHRINCE

Hi,

I recently read that post where you said , new rule says , I-140 does not get approved till I-485 is approved. How will we get EAD then??

Question on moving of backlogs to BRC

what is the criteria for moving backlogs to the BRC. If Aug 20 is the date, then does it mean that all cases from Dec 18 thru Aug 20 will be moved to BRC and applications from Aug 21 will be processed at Chic Dol?

Guys,
Kindly stop all sorts of speculation,
none of us know what's happening in Chicago,
so let us wait till someone gets approved or someone's lawyer gives some snippet of information.
Having waited all this time,
a few more months won't make that big a difference,
in fact waiting with the DOL is better than getting stuck in the now endless
BCIS queue,
at least our 140 and 485 wait times are going to be shorter for sure.
Tomorrow is friday, so I expect no news about the backlog but I am sure we'll know something by next monday,
so let us all have a good weekend and hope something will turn up.

Some information on the BRC - Study conducted

frostrated said:
what is the criteria for moving backlogs to the BRC. If Aug 20 is the date, then does it mean that all cases from Dec 18 thru Aug 20 will be moved to BRC and applications from Aug 21 will be processed at Chic Dol?

HI
As I understand from different messages and articles. By August 20th the individual Offices will set the rules what type of cases needs to goto BRC's . But I saw some postings in Chicago DOL mentioning that their case is being moved to BRC. I know similarly one of my friends case from North Dakota moved to Dallas. We do not know what's the criteria and how the priority is going to be.
However one thing is for sure lot of study has gone into considering several factors and workload etc.
A detailed study was conducted by PWC and based on which the BRc have been formed.

For example the following statistics Gives clear view on why we are having these kind of delays.

"
The following table summarizes the regional caseload:

Figure 6 ***Estimated incoming and outgoing cases - Regional DOL level13
Region New Applications Processed % Change in
applications processed outstanding
applications
Boston 8,520 6,665 78.20% 21.80%
New York 12,609 13,265 105.20% -5.20%
Philadelphia 22,213 22,508 101.30% -1.30%
Atlanta 12,286 10,957 89.20% 10.80%
Chicago 8,799 9,897 112.50% -12.50%
Dallas 8,088 2,815 34.80% 65.20%
Kansas City 1,348 2,199 163.10% -63.10%
Denver 1,250 1,292 103.40% -3.40%
San Francisco 21,908 23,902 109.10% -9.10%
Seattle 2,302 2,101 91.30% 8.70%
DOL Totals 99,323 95,601 96.30% 3.70%

As Figure 6 shows, regional DOL offices are receiving more applications than they are processing."

Further in the same study various options have been discussed, recomended and feed back was recieved from different offices. Based on the feed back a contractor process has been recomended.
Follwing is the extract:

"4.5.5 Contractor process flow

Using all of the information gathered from the interviews, problem solving sessions, and productivity analysis, PwC created a high-level process flow for the recommended contractor option. The process involves specialized teams that are based upon steps in the current process and the types of applications that have been historically received. Depending on the step in the process, teams are organized by type of application, type of occupation and employer. A tracking team and a team for handling special or problem cases are included in the process so that bottlenecks are not created in the processing teams The process involves the following teams:

Completeness Team - Review applications for completeness; send 45 day letter with checklist highlighting deficiencies for incomplete applications; separate complete applications into 'Top 10 occupations' and 'Other occupations' for continuation in processing.

Prevailing Wage Teams - Divided into two teams who process by type of occupation; review application and code with appropriate DOT code; generate letter to employer if wage is unacceptable; sort approved applications by RiR and non-RiR and forward to next team.

RiR Teams - Sort applications by employer so that large employer applications are processed together; review RiR request; review recruiting documents; generate letter if required; forward to Regional Office if acceptable.

Traditional Recruiting Teams - Sort applications by occupation so that applications for same occupation are processed together; generate job orders; send out recruiting instructions, review advertisements; forward resumes to employer; review recruiting reports; generate letter to employer if required; forward to Regional Office if acceptable.

Tracking Team - Provides status updates and customer service so that processing teams are not delayed by searching for tracking information.

Special Cases Team - Deals with issues or special cases that arise throughout the process; trained in all steps of the process so that problem cases do not remain with processing teams.

Quality Assurance Team - Audits work of all teams to ensure consistent processing; ensures processing integrity and efficiency.
"
From going thru this documentation What they have published, my understanding/ assumption is all the RIR Cases may be dealt by the contractors.(some were I read that DOL offices will give directives on what cases and detailed directives to transfer the cases to BRC's). This should increase the speed at which the LC is being processed.
Thought that this information will help all of us and lets wait for the detailed information from DOL.

Note : I'm not an attorney or any official. Just another forum member. These are informations gathered from the board and different sites. Act according to your attorney'....You guys all the legal disclaimer.

Regards
Pal

good question kanjoos - i don't remember the answer but your best bet would be go to the Nebraska I-140 forum - i have seen so some posts regarding it there

puhrince said:
good question kanjoos - i don't remember the answer but your best bet would be go to the Nebraska I-140 forum - i have seen so some posts regarding it there

kanjoos and puhrince,

Hope I am not crashing a private party here... but I thought I might be able to shed some light so there I am...

Oh please note: Not a lawyer just my opinion formed by reading stuff... u know the usual disclaimer stuff so u dont sue my behind...

.. but I digress... so here goes...
basically what's happening is this, the CSC (I believe) and soon to follow the other service centers (we hope) are beginning on the backlog reduction programs for the 140 / 485.
As part of this effort they have said that all 485's will be adjudicated within 6 months of application, and since 140's are taking longer than 6 months AND there's the added possibility that 140 and 485 may be filed concurrently, they are also saying that they'll process 140's and 485's for concurrent filings at same time, effectively adjudicating both within 6 months time frame.
Having said that, thats the intent.
Reality is, that the start of this program (still in pilot phase) has seen some hiccups. Random cases are getting picked and approved, in some cases much faster than expected but the fear in the immigration community is that the service centers will not be able to keep to the promise of 6 months adjudication time and this will result in nullifying of the AC21 (I believe that was the number) which pretty much means that portability is out the door ...
Since No 140, no portability.... even if EAD is approved.

Pls note disclaimer.. talk to your lawyers dont believe me. :D

spidey - this info has been known to everyone since may 1 of this year and i was well aware of this ...what kanjoos asked is regarding whether EAD is issued or not in this case..thats why i suggested the I-140 forum

some info on the backlog reduction update

from immigration-law.com

"August 20, 2004 also marks the effective date of the recently released Backlog Reduction regulation. Since no details have been released as to how the Centralized Processing Centers will be operated in Philadelphia and Dallas and how the cases will be transferred to the Centers from which states and Regions and in what order, the immigrant community should hear some answers to these questions in the very near future. Please stay tuned."

Finally, my case was transferred to chi. from Ohio SESA yesterday. So, looking from what it is taking to get a case certified in CHI, I guess I am going to be here for a long time :) and was expecting a warm welcome to the group. :) :p

welcome Cincidude to the misery of Chicago DOL.....Hope you brought good luck for all of us.....

On a different note....dunno if relevent or not case 05430818 certified on Aug 19th.This was a Dec16th RFE case.

To Puhrince

Puhrince,

Now ppl fear even H1B stamping , consular processing is no-no. I think my color is not that white, so I feel , I will not get it by consular, and I am not ready to risk going to India to do that, even my H1B 6 years are getting over. If not GC then atleast lemme pile up whatever $$'s I can from this Umreeka.

Thanks,
K

Kanjoos,
if your six year limit is approaching, then consular processing is out for you,
you can't work unless you have h1 extension, and you have to take a risk and go for an extension.
Whereas with 485, you are pretty much sure of getting a work permit, well more or less.
Then if your consular app gets rejected by any slim chance, that's the end of your current career in the states,
whereas you can appeal in case of 485 denial and that might give you some more time here.
So its a matter of personal choice of taking the risk.

Thanks LongestLabour

You are true. I am not looking for Consular even in my dreams. Just that PUHRINCE told me to look into it & I replied to it.

Thanks,
K

Thanks Chic-DOL.

Lets wait and see about how long the chic-DOL takes. I hope I bring some good luck to this forum too. :)

kanjoos,longest labour - well i don't know what your fears are about H1-b stamping and CP,but if you have stayed here legally all throughout without misusing any of the rules,you will be fine with CP..i have been home twice to India for H1-b stamping -its such a breeze..no questions asked..no worries, people who have been rejected mostly didn't have the required documents or misused their stay in US

as for CP,everyone i know got it easily..I don;t know what your backgrounds are,but I am talking about people with Masters here and working legally on H1 after that..and as of now, everyone is going for CP too..u can always go to the CP forums for more questions

but then again its upto one's own feelings..i have waited long enough after the Michigan state and chicago labor delays...I-140 takes a month for CP applicants these days..so am off to CP..

LongestLabor said:
Kanjoos,
if your six year limit is approaching, then consular processing is out for you,
you can't work unless you have h1 extension, and you have to take a risk and go for an extension.
Whereas with 485, you are pretty much sure of getting a work permit, well more or less.
Then if your consular app gets rejected by any slim chance, that's the end of your current career in the states,
whereas you can appeal in case of 485 denial and that might give you some more time here.
So its a matter of personal choice of taking the risk.

If his LC has been pending for at least a year he can get subsequent H1 extensions. He can continue doing so after he is ready for consular interview. I decided to go for a consular route myself, given endless AOS processing times (over 2 years). I-140 takes about 5 months in VSC right now so it is not that bad. I don't see why his CP might be rejected if his application is OK.

Status
Not open for further replies.