Chicago Regional DOL Tracker - Old (Archived on 09/22/2004)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with puhrince..... :)

puhrince said:
kanjoos,longest labour - well i don't know what your fears are about H1-b stamping and CP,but if you have stayed here legally all throughout without misusing any of the rules,you will be fine with CP..i have been home twice to India for H1-b stamping -its such a breeze..no questions asked..no worries, people who have been rejected mostly didn't have the required documents or misused their stay in US

as for CP,everyone i know got it easily..I don;t know what your backgrounds are,but I am talking about people with Masters here and working legally on H1 after that..and as of now, everyone is going for CP too..u can always go to the CP forums for more questions

but then again its upto one's own feelings..i have waited long enough after the Michigan state and chicago labor delays...I-140 takes a month for CP applicants these days..so am off to CP..

Hey Guys,

A new member to the group, my application priority date is 26-Jan-04 (RIR), IA..

Does anyone have any information as to what is decided about the BRC and how the cases would be processed ? meaning would we have to go into another long line...behind the current Dallas RIR (which is Jan2003 as of now)..for example ?

I was actually pretty lucky to have stumbled across this forum yesterday, since all this while i was pretty happy about the fact that although DEC 2003 is taking a while...mine is gonna happen if not next month..atleast in the next few months for sure...but now..its 'Black Hole' again...my H1B is stuck too...sent it in July...no sign of it...so am pretty stumped at the moment..although i still have 3 years for my H1B Cap....it still sucks!! :rolleyes:

Chi-DOL AVM

Guys,

I have a question for you guys. How long does the AVM in Chicago takes to get updated with new cases being sent to CHI-DOL.

I am just looking for a guestimate based on the past patters. Thanks Guys

Update...guys...I just spoke to the Chicago DOL and they seem to have no information about the forming of this BRC...they said that it was not even official yet and when I further pursued as to when they would be doing that...she said that it would be end of this year...she also seemed to be genuinely (Or ignorantly -- am not sure!!) surprised about this transferring cases over to the Dallas office....and said that it was not true...

Guys, this puts me and many other ( I think!) in a confused state..I read on one post somewhere that someone has mentioned that their Attorney has informed them of such a transfer of case happenning...could that person please clarify or point us to a source where we could veryify either theory ....

Boy, I would just hope that processing continues here...and we do not have to go to another line....but after reading so many posts about all that...it seems too good to be true.....hope it really is true that its not happenning that way...btw...she said that they are still processing DEC 17 cases.....

Thanks for your help and inputs guys...

Cheers,
-M

Let us stop....

Let us stop talking about BRCs alltogether....it does not matter unless we read their review...due on 20th...if that ever comes or is already here...till then guys relax and just post who came in and who is going out...

people who would like to know about AVM and how to get their case numbers please read previous posts to get clear step by step instructions :)

it would help us overall......

:)

"August 20, 2004 also marks the effective date of the recently released Backlog Reduction regulation. Since no details have been released as to how the Centralized Processing Centers will be operated in Philadelphia and Dallas and how the cases will be transferred to the Centers from which states and Regions and in what order, the immigrant community should hear some answers to these questions in the very near future. Please stay tuned."

I posted this before - as they said stay tuned..so guys please stay tuned..! :)
The DOL people wud be surprised of course cos they haven't got any news either

Attorney office and consulting company not giving details on SESA filing.

Hi Friends,
I am working for a consulting firm based in Illinois and they( company and attorney office) told me that they filed
for my labor certification with Illinois SESA few months
back( april 2004). But they are not willing to provide me with any details like case # with SESA or a copy of the petition acknowledgment from SESA. They say they have recieved it( case # ) from SESA but according to their policy they don't wanna share this information with me.

Is there any way I can verify that they have really filed my case with SESA??
Their not giving me the details of case filing makes me very suspicious. What could be the reason of the company / attorney not sharing the case # information with the employee?

I hope that the company is NOT FOOLING around with me. Please help me in my finding out whether my Labor petition has been filed or not?

Thanks,
Sam

Last edited by a moderator:
Sam, that IS weird...i haven't heard a case like that before - the company ALWAYS provides the case # , are u hearing this directly from ur company or from their lawyers? i don't know if anyone else in the chicago forum can help u here..but try posting this question in the main labor certification forum

puhrince said:
kanjoos,longest labour - well i don't know what your fears are about H1-b stamping and CP,but if you have stayed here legally all throughout without misusing any of the rules,you will be fine with CP..i have been home twice to India for H1-b stamping -its such a breeze..no questions asked..no worries, people who have been rejected mostly didn't have the required documents or misused their stay in US

as for CP,everyone i know got it easily..I don;t know what your backgrounds are,but I am talking about people with Masters here and working legally on H1 after that..and as of now, everyone is going for CP too..u can always go to the CP forums for more questions

but then again its upto one's own feelings..i have waited long enough after the Michigan state and chicago labor delays...I-140 takes a month for CP applicants these days..so am off to CP..

puhrince,
I don't know about CP but for H1B you have been lucky twice. I got stuck for more than one month last year in india because they wanted to verify my company information ( though every document was given). Going to the consulate in india is very subjective and very risky any day.

Attorney office and consulting company not giving details on SESA filing.

Hi Sam -
This is a very difficult situation, and mostly, these kind of gimmics will be played by Desi consulting companies. I have seen couple of cases before, by not providing H1B LIN number or GC status. There is no such thing as "confidential" by providing case number to you ie employee. Some employers 'buy' time by delaying the H1B and GC filing so that the consultant must stay long time with the company until the H1B/GC approved. The lawyers are not required to answers all your queries...its a courtesy.....so, the only source is your employer and you can force/convince him and get what you want.

sam_2004 said:
Hi Friends,
I am working for a consulting firm based in Illinois and they( company and attorney office) told me that they filed
back( april 2004). But they are not willing to provide me with any details like case # with SESA or a copy of the petition acknowledgment from SESA. They say they have recieved it( case # ) from SESA but according to their policy they don't wanna share this information with me.

Their not giving me the details of case filing makes me very suspicious. What could be the reason of the company / attorney not sharing the case # information with the employee?

I hope that the company is NOT FOOLING around with me. Please help me in my finding out whether my Labor petition has been filed or not?

Thanks,
Sam

Sorry to hear that but this would be a red flag for me. It indicates that they are not being sincere with you and it wouldn't surprise me if they would try to delay your GC. I would seriously start looking for a reliable body-shop.

cooldesi..well i am not talking just about me - i haven't seen anyone and by that i mean in many numbers..am not in IT but i heard they probably only check more on the validity of the IT companies desis work for cos many of them have people with fake degrees and stuff

sam_2004 said:
Hi Friends,

Thanks,
Sam

Sam,

It is obvious. You should not want to do your GC with such fishy poeple. Do not waste any time. Quit ASAP and find a beter employer to do your GC.

Good luck.
APD

Sam,

Sometimes things like this happen, I was in a similar situation once...the attorney told me that he cannot tell me that directly, but I could check with my CEO since he would have the info, since he has been instructed not to deal with consultants..which is understandable..if the lawyers office starts taking calls from all consultants they would need one more person just for that...i would suggest..before taking any drastic measures and getting tensed up..talk to your company...do not enquire...but express your desire to know if they have recieved any info from the lawyer...furthermore...if you do not want to do that..and all u want to know if your case is really being processeed....call the regional sesa office..and check....however, i suggest that you talk with your employer and ask him to send it to you. as well...because if he is not hiding something there is no reason for you to not know about this....usually..a case number gets assigned once it reaches the regional office....thats what happenned to me...call sesa and enquire..they may ask for employer phone number or tax id (check on your w4) ...

In the end....If you really feel that you are being taken for a ride and you are in a good project that will continue for a while...then start searching for a good body shop to take over your proj...i went thru similar things, so i know how it is...

Goodluck!

Thanks Friends for you invaluable respones. The company and attorney are really fooling around with me here. To add insult to injury I am paying for them doing my GC
and even after taking that money they won't give any proof of their doing the proper
paperwork.

Is there any online database for Illinios SESA where I can check if the consulting company has filed for my case?

After SESA is done with the case, do they directly send it to DOL or attorney has to
file it again?

What are the other stages where the company / attorney can delay the case?

Thanks friends once again for your invaluable help in my understanding what my employer / lawyer are doing / not doing?

Thanks
Sam

puhrince said:
cooldesi..well i am not talking just about me - i haven't seen anyone and by that i mean in many numbers..am not in IT but i heard they probably only check more on the validity of the IT companies desis work for cos many of them have people with fake degrees and stuff
Thanks Puhrince for clarifying. Well I am in IT( so that may be the reason I got into trouble) and I have degree from IIT (so it does happen to people without fake degrees only). If it can happen to me, it can happen to others also. All I am suggesting is to be safe and avoid going to consulates abroad as much as possible.

Last edited by a moderator:
javaguy1974 said:
Sorry to hear that but this would be a red flag for me. It indicates that they are not being sincere with you and it wouldn't surprise me if they would try to delay your GC. I would seriously start looking for a reliable body-shop.

Even my employer said it is not their policy to give case numbers. and it was fine with me. I dont know why you should even doubt ur employer. Keep the email which your lawyers sent you telling that they applied and they got the case number. Next year i think you should get ur case number from flcdatacenter.com,

If you dont trust ur employer, then you shouldnt be working for them.

ASM Info

Hello Guys, I am new to this forum. Before I get up to the speed could any of you provide me with the details on how to get ASM details? :p I see messages like 'Please refer previous messages' kind of stuff.. but as you know this thread runs for 260+ pages :confused:. As matter of fact I went as late as 2001.. unable to find any info on that.

Thanks

K

Labour Cert Info

How to find your DoL case details if you don’t know:

- Call Chicago DOL AVM system 1-312-353-1059, and enter '1' for permanent applications and next menu press '2' if you don't know the case number -> enter your company 10 digit phone number (which was enter in labor application on form 750A)
OR
- Send an e-mail to lcstatus05@doleta.gov with either one of three things in the text of the message (It is underlined and italicized here for emphasis. People should not underline or italicize in typing in the body of the message!):
(1) Employer Tel #. In the body of the message, please type Employer Phone (555)XXX-XXXX (employer phone number) and send;
(2) Employer Tax ID#. In the body of the message, please type Tax ID XX-XXXXXX (employer tax id number) and send;
(3) LC Case #. In the body of the message, please type Case XXXXX (your case number) and send. Only one case at a time will be accepted.
* Status report will be e-mailed back to you almost instantly.
* Status database is updated everyday at 5:00 a.m.
- If your company has multiple labor certification applications DOT code number sometimes helps.

kothari_rupesh said:
How to find your DoL case details if you don’t know:

- Call Chicago DOL AVM system 1-312-353-1059, and enter '1' for permanent applications and next menu press '2' if you don't know the case number -> enter your company 10 digit phone number (which was enter in labor application on form 750A)
OR
- Send an e-mail to lcstatus05@doleta.gov with either one of three things in the text of the message (It is underlined and italicized here for emphasis. People should not underline or italicize in typing in the body of the message!):
(1) Employer Tel #. In the body of the message, please type Employer Phone (555)XXX-XXXX (employer phone number) and send;
(2) Employer Tax ID#. In the body of the message, please type Tax ID XX-XXXXXX (employer tax id number) and send;
(3) LC Case #. In the body of the message, please type Case XXXXX (your case number) and send. Only one case at a time will be accepted.
* Status report will be e-mailed back to you almost instantly.
* Status database is updated everyday at 5:00 a.m.
- If your company has multiple labor certification applications DOT code number sometimes helps.

That was very helpful. Thanks Kothari

Status
Not open for further replies.