Chicago Regional DOL Tracker - Old (Archived on 09/22/2004)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: EB2/EB3

It does not matter during labor process.

titu

Originally posted by nelabor
Does EB2 and EB3 have different processing dates in DOL level or here in Labor it does not matter. Any thoughts

My case was sent to IL sesa (RIR) in the first week of april. I got a Receipt letter from IDES on jun 6th with my case priority date as April 9th. I haven't heard about my case after that. My case is not showing up on AVM machine. I contacted the law firm and they haven't got any update about my case and they don't know if it is moved to reginal office. Is any one in the same boat. Should i be concerned that it is not even showing up in the AVM machine?. Please comment.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Exactly in the same boat! In my case, there were couple layoffs in my company earlier and all cases from Sep2002 are on hold. Not sure what DOL will decide. It is really frustrating!

-kslc

Originally posted by abalusu
My case was sent to IL sesa (RIR) in the first week of april. I got a Receipt letter from IDES on jun 6th with my case priority date as April 9th. I haven't heard about my case after that. My case is not showing up on AVM machine. I contacted the law firm and they haven't got any update about my case and they don't know it is moved to reginal office. Is any one in the same boat. Should i be concerned that if it is not even showing up in the AVM machine?. Please comment.

Thanks

Abalusu,

Your case will not be in AVM if it did not move to chicago DOL from IL SESA. Tell your attorney to call IL SESA and they will tell your case status whether it moved to regional office.

My case moved to IL DOL on May 21st, I did not get any notification till June end , then I told my attorney to call the state and they got the status (original status update letter which was sent seems to haven been misplaced ).

Now all my friend who filed with me in same date got approved from IL DOL, and again I am waiting for my case status. AVM doesnt show my case yet.

Case Approved

Guys,

Finally the wait is over. Three more steps to go. Anyway here are my details.

Case # : 0541XXXX
DOT Code : 030.167-014
DOT Description : Systems Analyst
Category : EB3 - RIR
Case received by IL SESA : 12/28/2002
Case forwarded to Chicago DOL by IL SESA : 02/11/2003
Case received by Chicago DOL : 02/18/2003
NOF Issued by Chicago DOL : 08/04/2003
NOF reply received by Chicago DOL : 08/15/2003
Case remanded to IL SESA for supervised recruitment : 05/15/2003
Case sent to IL SESA by Employer after supervised recruitment process : 08/07/2003
Case received by IL SESA : 08/08/2003
Case received by Chicago DOL : 08/14/2003 with the message "Case received from state after a remand"
Case approved : 08/25/2003

Thankyou all guys for your support. Meet you all in the 140/CP forum. Wish you all the best.

Let me know if you have any questions and I will be happy to assist you to the best of my knowledge.

Thanks,
Dave

Re: Case Approved

Congratulations Dave,

Had a question. When your case was remanded to the state, was it considered as an RIR or a Non-RIR case? The timeline seemed pretty fast.

I just checked the Non-RIR timeline for the Illinois SESA, it is 4/2001. I had filed my LC(RIR) in CA in Sept'01 that got remanded to the state in July'03.

Was wondering if the remanded cases are considered / processed differently as compared to the Non-RIR case.

Please can you explain this process.

Thanks.

Originally posted by jalabalajings
Guys,

Finally the wait is over. Three more steps to go. Anyway here are my details.

Case # : 0541XXXX
DOT Code : 030.167-014
DOT Description : Systems Analyst
Category : EB3 - RIR
Case received by IL SESA : 12/28/2002
Case forwarded to Chicago DOL by IL SESA : 02/11/2003
Case received by Chicago DOL : 02/18/2003
NOF Issued by Chicago DOL : 08/04/2003
NOF reply received by Chicago DOL : 08/15/2003
Case remanded to IL SESA for supervised recruitment : 05/15/2003
Case sent to IL SESA by Employer after supervised recruitment process : 08/07/2003
Case received by IL SESA : 08/08/2003
Case received by Chicago DOL : 08/14/2003 with the message "Case received from state after a remand"
Case approved : 08/25/2003

Thankyou all guys for your support. Meet you all in the 140/CP forum. Wish you all the best.

Let me know if you have any questions and I will be happy to assist you to the best of my knowledge.

Thanks,
Dave

CAL97

Thankyou. Even though my case was remanded to State it was still considered RIR. It was remanded to the state for the supervised recruitment process.

Initially, when my LC was submitted from IL SESA to Chicago DOL under EB3-RIR, Chicago DOL sent a NOF (notice of findings) to my employer. When my case was submitted to DOL the petition indicated that the position (System Analyst) requires a B.S in Electronics or Computers and three years experience.

Since the job market was bas that time, Chicago DOL asked my employer to change the 3 years requirement to 2 years. When they changed and resubmitted it, DOL then asked them to retest the labor market by getting the guidelines from IL SESA and then remanded the case to IL SESA.

IL SESA then contacted my employer, asked them to run an ad in a Nationalised newspaper and then do an internal posting for 10 days. The candidates were asked to send the resumes to IL SESA Labor department or to my employer. My employer was asked to complete the process and submit the report in 45 days from the date they received the letter from IL SESA.

The ad's were posted and my employer, I guess received a couple of resumes and IL SESA sent around 8 or 9 resumes to my employer. These candidates were then interviewed by my employer and the recruitment report was prepared and then submitted to IL SESA.

IL SESA then forwarded the petition to Chicago DOL where finally my case got approved.

Hope I have explained the entire process that I went through. Let me know if you have more questions.

Thanks.

Hardly 1-2 weeks to attorney and .. and from attorney to you ..That depends on attorney's office :)

Originally posted by Rotny
Does any one know when you would get the Hard Copy once the case is Certified ..?

Thanks
Rotny

June Approvals

Guys,

I am hearing that lot of RIR cases received in June are getting certified (even for the 2nd and 3rd weeks of June) and the AVM says my case is still Pending (actually says Received on Jun 3rd, 2003).

Should I be concerned? Is there anyone in the same boad as me?

Thanks in advance.

My details
-------------
Applied at MI SESA on May 3, 2002 (RIR)
Moved/Received at Chicago DOL on June 3, 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.