Chicago Regional DOL Tracker - Old (Archived on 09/22/2004)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried AVM today , and it still says the same thing "received on June 9th ". Surprising thing is 3 out of 5 cases filed from my office on the same date AVM message says that it was approved on Aug/15th .

So i am clueless as to what my status is ???? . Does any one have any idea if they process cases in sequential order or randomly. ( I hope it is random ).

Also how long do they take to send the confirmation of approval to the attorney/employer.

Also does the AVM gets updated even if they remand the case to SESA and/or SWA . or does it continue to say "received in regional office ... blah ...blah )

Kindly answer guys !!! I appreciate yr response.

Same here...

I also tried the AVM today and I am getting the same 'Received in the Regional Office on June 3rd, 2003...'.

My details
-------------
Applied at MI SESA on May 3, 2002 (RIR)
Received at Chicago DOL on June 3, 2003

I think they r processing randomly.....

BC I saw some cases on June13th already approved on Aug8th!!

My case : recieved at Chicago DOL 30th Jun'03

lets keep track of it...

Random processing?

Yedati,

You might be right. Or atleast, once they complete a month's applications, they distribute the applications filed in the next month among all the Certifying Officers (is that what they are called?) randomly.

Earlier, I was checking the AVM with some of the case numbers that are around my case number (mine is filed on Jun 3rd), and here it is what i found.

1) 4 cases Certified - Received on Jun 2nd
2) 2 or 3 cases Pending - Receievd on Jun 2nd
3) 2 or 3 cases Certified - Received on Jun 3rd (status posted on Aug 12th)
4) 2 cases Pending - Receievd on Jun 3nd
5) 1 case certified - Receieved on Jun 10th (status posted on 18th)
6) 1 case certified - Received on Jun 12th (status posted on 18th)

Speculation about processing

My two cents on this is that cases are distributed across different officers and every one has their speed .Depending upon the guys who ends up with your file ,you can notice the fluctuations.So its random though my guess is that cases are allocated to officers serially.

I hope so too that it is random.

Hey out of curiosity , does any one in this forum with May/03 RD at DOL got any kind of message either approved/remanded/NOF to SWA about their LC .

Why i am asking is we can speculate some kind of info atleast for people like me with June 9th RD at DOL , atleast by end of august or early Sep. Currently we have no clue how they are processing.

Thanks

DOL priority Date

My Case was transferred from Neberska Labor to chicago DOL on 12-Aug-2003 but still the AVM does not say any cases on these dates. When this will get updated any ideas

PERM start date

I talked to my lawyer yesterday to start my processing in RIR since my company has finally agreed to my labor in RIR. In the beginning they said thay would only do it in Regular and so I applied in regular way back in 2001. Because of the backlogs and the pestering they finally gave in. But now my lawyer tells me that PERM is going to be implemented in October of this year and that it will not accept any advertisements that have been put before the date of application. If anyone can confirm this, please do, since I do not want to waste any further time as I have already waited too long. And does PERM take care of DOL certifications too, or is it only SESA?

AVM Update...

Guys,

Here is another of my assumptions after spending some time with the AVM last night. I used my case number as a reference and tried lot of case numbers around it (mostly the case numbers before mine) and it seems most of the status updates were made on Mondays (and only one I found that was updated on a Tuesday). For example

1) 6 of the cases were certified on 4 th Aug
2) Around 20 of the cases were certified on 11th Aug
3) 3 of the cases were certified on 18th Aug

Most of the above cases are filed on June 2nd, 3rd and 4th. Couple of them are received on June 10th and 11th.

Also, there are atleast 10 cases PENDING that are received on June 2nd or 3rd.

Guys, please note that this is just a speculation.

rravipati,

Thats a good analysis, I think they r right now processing cases around jun5-13....

When is ur date of reciept. Hope it moves faster.....

lets keep up posted

frostrated,

I think the PERM is being waitined on since last year!!! So instead of waiting for that u can still go ahead with ur RIR filing u never know u can get it cleared before the PERM come up! For RIR it may take max of 4-6 months.... to get ur labor cleared

Perm Rule

Hi frostrated

We have heard of this Perm rule being in talks since early 2002. It was never implemented due to several issues.
I applied my labor in Sept 2002 and my attorney asked me to wait for perm rule that was proposed to be implemented in Jan 2003. It never happenned. I went with regular RIR and EB2.

Please read more about Perm rule under http://dol.gov

Its your choice, if you want to wait for a couple of months, you'll know.

RIR Approvals

Gurus,

How is the RIR approval percentage at Chicago DOL for software engineers/programmers. I know that Phily DOL has lot of RIR rejected. Any ideas how is this DOL

Guys , just got e-mail from my attorney MY LC at IL DOL is approved .

IL SESA RD April 1st week
IL DOL June 9th/03
DOT CODE : 030.162-xxx

Approved Aug/13th.

Approx days for LC approval 128 days ( including SESA and Federal ).

Thanks for this LC forum , I guess my next hop is 140/485 and/or EAD forum ( of course after filing )

Hope to see all you guys in the next hop forum

Thanks all and hang in there ,,, :) :)

Congrats Dmun

Hey Did Avm ,indicate that the case was certified? Am curious as to how accurate that system is .

Status
Not open for further replies.