Chicago Regional DOL Tracker - Old (Archived on 09/22/2004)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Updated FAQ

Updated FAQ, New item is marked BOLD

Incomplete FAQ on Labor Certification in Chicago

updated July 23, 2002

- Seems there are two analysts working on RIR case
- It usually takes 3 to 3.5 months for RIR cases (for most of IT) and
takes about 2.5 years for Regular from your receipt date
- It usually takes about 6 to 10 days to receive Hard Copy after your case get certified
- If you running out of time in your H1-B (close to 6 years), Is possible to make a request
to DOL officer to expedite your case (give them your request and proof that you're 6 years
almost up) (USE WITH YOUR OWN RISK, I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE)
- List of phone number and email of DOL officers
Abraytis, John 312-886-2928 Jabraytis@doleta.gov
Carroll, Sarah 312-353-1550 Scarroll@doleta.gov
Gonzalez, Marie 312-353-3333 mgonzalez@doleta.gov
Johnson, Marsha 312-353-1509 majohnson@doleta.gov
Kimmons, Belinda 312-353-1207 bkimmons@doleta.gov
Smith, MaryAnn 312-353-7536 masmith@doleta.gov
Van, Renee 312-353-3448 rvan@doleta.gov
Warren, Waconda 312-353-1054 wwarren@doleta.gov

- Many attorneys advise that it is better not to call DOL officers directly asking about your case, because it will irritate DOL officer and some attorneys said if they get irritated, they will try to find fault on your file

- Automated Voice Message number 312-353-1059

- (From Nanaji) If you want to talk to DOL officer, the best time is around 8.30 to 9am
Chicago Time
- Currently email lcstatus05@doleta.gov does not work
Here some notes regarding the status

Here is reply from DOL webmaster

Sent: Thursday, July 11, 2002 12:30 PM

Subject: RE: status line

We have been having trouble with our national status system.
It is being worked on, and hopefully will be backup soon.

In the meantime you can get general information
from our web site: OWS.DOLETA.GOV/foreign.asp

Select Processing time on the right hand side of the screen (about 2 pages down)

- The status is updated on 5 am from Monday to Thursday (according to official)
- Based on observation, the status SEEMS updated on 9 am Chicago Time from Monday to Thursday and seems on 9 pm on Friday afternoon also sometimes on saturday
- (Fron mnew) On every monday, Automatic Voice Message gets updated (very long update). When you call AVM and the phone keep ringing, it means AVM update is in progress

- Based on observation
when DOL officers review cases depends on DOT Code and RIR/Non RIR

for example if you are Prof / Teacher for some college/university
it gets approved very fast , within 2 weeks after RD

if you are IT related jobs, it takes about 3 to 3.5 months
for RIR

if you are chef, it takes about 3-5 months for RIR

if you are cleaner/gardener , it just take couple days after RD
because they have to wait very long time in local

and when they take RIR case, seems they follow the RD
but it depends on the officer which case # he/she wants to
review

- Currently it takes less than 1 month for your cases to be put on Automated Voice message
after Local SESA send it to Chicago
- DOL Chicago WebSite http://www.doleta.gov/regions/reg05...cutxt.cfm#times
- DOL Website for all region http://workforcesecurity.doleta.gov/foreign/times.asp
- jbm already provide excellent DOL Chicago tracker with the file called "chicago dol tracker excel.xls"

Please give me more suggestion to make this FAQ useful for anybody that needs it
- Many attorneys advise that it is better not to call DOL officers directly asking about your case, because it will irritate DOL officer and some attorneys said if they get irritated, they will try to find fault on your file

hi guys,
I found out that it was not a major problem but still i think we should not call often so that you could avoid delays like my case which i thought
should have been processed by now.
thanks
Sud

Hi Guys,

Going by Sirisha76's case we all should learn a lesson and do not call DOL for the status. We all know that it is taking about 3.5 months to get a decision on each case. Wait for that time and if you do not hear from them for long after 3.5 months, let your attorney call DOL. It is always better I feel.

What I understood about the whole thing is that one needs to have tons of patience.

Good Luck guys !:cool:

I am agree with wxm8,sanjaypatel9,sachdev

I am agree totally with wxm8, sanjaypatel9, sachdev. But I think it shouldn't be whole reason for irritatation. As in sirisha76 case i think it's not only reason they didn't answer, but may be they already send recent communication to his/her attorney or that person at DOL is not very people friendly person or having bad (hair) day. May be I am optimistic person, but I had not bad expeience with them eventhough I called them just after my file reached to DOL. But Again I am totally agree with you, all to have
patient and let them work and don't bother them by calling them.

Thanks,

JB

Regular DOL

As we all know by now that IT related jobs, takes about 3 to 3.5 months for RIR AND for Regular cases it takes about 5 months. As my case is Regular case, so guy's don't get panic, just wait for some more time. I think we can update FAQ for Regular cases timing.

Good news, status email system is working again.

I think DOL case status by automated email is working again.

Here is instruction for using status email
This E-mail was generated by an automated E-mail reply system.

The case you were asking about may be older than the information maintained for status requests. Your request must be sent to the region processing your case. Other regions do not provide status. Please check the syntax of your request.

The status database is updated daily at about 5 am local time. Please do not request case status more frequently than once a day.

Here is syntax to send email to lcstatus05@doleta.gov

The syntax to request case status follows:

In the body of the message type:

Case YourCaseNumber for example:
Case 12345678

- AND / OR -

Employer Phone EmployerPhoneNumber for example:
Employer Phone (202) 555-1212

- AND / OR -

Tax ID EmployerTaxID for example:
Tax ID 12-3456789

wxm8, could you please add this to faq ?

Thank You,

JB

Last edited by a moderator:
Re : jbm and mnew

I will update FAQ after double check that email to DOL Chicago
works again :)

I have not seen case certified after July 18

I have not seen case certified after July 18
Do not know what happen

Hi Everyone,

When we dial the AVM and hit the case number all that we listen is that it has been received at the Regional office on a given date. It doesn't say anything about processing of the file. Is there some other way other than calling the officer concern to find out the staus etc.

Thanks in advance for your response.

Re: re: RAJESHTL

Originally posted by sdd

SDD
Thanks for the message. Do you live in IL.
If so do you know which newspaper your company has run advertisements in.I think the issue is
very important to people that live in IL (whether
in proper Chicago or not does not matter).

Marie, from DOL chicago answered to my query on whether Illinois LC RIR folks have to run ads in
Chicago Tribune or Sun Times (because DOL thinks
that these newspapers reaches more households)
Her answer was that DOL Chicago prefers ads in the
above mentioned newspapers.

An interesting thing is that I have a coworker whose attorney did not recommend ads in Tribune
because he assumed any ad in the last 6 months would do. I am just keeing my fingers crossed
on how DOL handles these 'Newspaper of Choice'
issues.

A best way to determine is when (through this website) a member who lives in IL and has filed in
DOL IL succesfully gets RIR approved despite showing local ads or
Notice of Finding from DOL asking the employer to run ads in Chicago Tribune.

Applicable members , please contribute on this subject.

Thanks

Rajesh

My RFE was on salary. It was lower that IL SESA classification.

Since it was an RIR case (my company runs ads in advance) no new ads had to be run in newspapers. All that was needed was a notice on the company notice board asking for applicants with the same skills but at a revised salary. This notice is required to be put up for 10 (business?) days. The lawyers then indicate to SESA of any resumes and if none, processing continues immediately.

Since mine was a salary case, I am not sure if I can answer your Q on ads.
SDD

I saw some cases approval on July 22 and 23

Saw some cases approval on July 22 and July 23, basicly
cases 0540845X and above

Have not heard about my case and my lawyer said
"be patient". sometimes I want to call DOL officers directly

Hi wxm8

everytime I am coming to this site hoping I will see your posting
saying your case got certified!!!
Be patient

Nanaji

Cases Approved

Some cases Approved on July 23
CASE # 0540847X
DOT 030.062-010

Pending Case: 0540848X
DOT :030.062-010

And these cases are dated @ Apr 12th. Does it mean they are processing 12th Apr Cases with DOT 030.062-010

Re : mnew

Yes, it means they currently processing case 0549848X
around 12 April plus minus 2 weeks -->
12-7 and 12+7 , so they processing case From April 5 to
April 19

my case RD was 03/28/02 and case 054079XX still in queue
so it is more random, one/two person do it regulary
maybe there are third person that do realy late

and the other thing, is when I email one of the officer,
that officer said, They process RIR cases in April, but for
Kansas City region in Febuary and mine is from Ohio

Re: wxm8

When my case filed in MI SESA everybody's case who has filed along with me has been approved, but I was waiting for approval. Then I called my attorney and he said there is one guy in MI SESA he usually takes somuch of time. So may be your case is with him.
So I waited for more than a month, then they sent to my attorney an RFE regarding salary. Then finally they cleared my case.
So since they gave RFE regarding salary in MI SESA can I hope in DOL they dont repeat? ( reg salary)

Nanaji

RFE on salary

I got rfe on my salary in mi sesa but i got an inquiry in federal too not exactly an rfe, my lawyer says it is a mistake on their part. I am still waiting for mine to get approved, my lawyer said she clarified it and it should be okay. I donot think u should have any problems once it clears mi sesa unless they have other issues

More Cases Approved

I just found with AVM system that cases received at Regional Office on Apr 22nd got approved and data was posted to AVM system, on July 25th. Here are details:

Case # 0540293X DOT:030.062-010
Case # 0540293X DOT:030.062-010
Case # 0540293X DOT:005.061-014

My case is a Regular case and it was received to Regional office on April 15th. I think for me, it will take another 5 weeks. If any guys with Regular case, please update!

hi all

Updated tracker sorted by case number.

Please post your missing/ incorrect details, so we can trend DOL time as much as possible.

Thanks,

JB

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.