Chicago Regional DOL Tracker - Old (Archived on 09/22/2004)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: IL SESA NO.

There is a phone no for SESA. But there is no automated voice mail system - so you would have to speak with the officer to get the information. At times they do not give it to you, only to the attorney or the employer.
SDD

Originally posted by Want_GC2002
Thanks SDD...BUt 2-3 pages back a member "sdeva" mentioned he called sesa phone no. and got the dates they are processing now for IL sesa...so i am assuming may be there is a phone no. where u can get ur status...

pl. REPLYYYYYYYY

IL SESA tracker

Want_GC2002 - when was your case filed with IL SESA?
Mine - filed 5/9 EB3/RIR
Anyone else in a similar date range?
Sdd

Any approval for Sprint Employees

Is there anyone from Sprint, who recently got a NOF and later got Labor approved from Chicago DOL.

Thanks in advance,
j

LC question

Hi,

I have applied LC from CA and SESA level is cleared and now it is in DOL. Now, I have switch company and it is in different state than CA. Is it possible to file LC for new company directly with DOL and eliminate SESA level ??

Please advice.

Thanks,
Rama.

NOF Response

1. What Happens if the NOF response received at dol 3-4 days later than the due date?

2. In email status is the received date is the actual date of receiving the response or the date of entering into the system?

Current processing times in Chicago

Hi fellow sufferers...

For those who've applied for labor recently (around Apr-May of this year) from Chicago, in what timeframe are you all expecting the approvals?

I am wondering as I am getting ready to file. I have heard that the the times are around 7-8 months for labor. True? Close? totally wrong??

Wld appreciate any inputs to this. When do u guys expect to have the EAD's by?

My attroney told me it'll take around 7 months (4 for fed and 3 for state) for the labor. But few friends (applied in Nov 01) said they took over 1 year. Have the times gotten faster?

Please, Please, Please, requesting help.

Thanks so much- may u all get the good news ASAP

Sumedh
650 - 857 3524
408 - 727 4908
snene@hotmail.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Automated email not responding

I have been sending several emails to Automated email response at lcstatus05@doleta.gov with my employer tax id in the email body in the format of Tax ID XX-XXXXXXX since Friday 5.00 PM and haven't got any response.

I thought it is automated and the response is instant.

Does anyone know if it automated email response system down or am I doing something wrong.

Thanks,
J2003

sumedh:

For those who've applied for labor recently (around Apr-May of this year) from Chicago, in what timeframe are you all expecting the approvals?
-- You can see the above threads and read the Attachment on page 100
I am wondering, as I am getting ready to file. I have heard that the times are around 7-8 months for labor. True? Close? Totally wrong??
--- I don’t say it is true or totally wrong, only few states have that 7-8 month others are waiting for more than around 2 years in RIR cases
Wld appreciate any inputs to this. When do u guys expect to have the EAD's by?
--------LC is filed with SESA, then SESA forward it to regional DOL, then LC is certified or denied, if certified then employer files for I-140, now one can file for I-140, I-485 EAD and AP at the same time, if the BCIS finds I-140 approvable then they approve EAD, how much time it will take to get EAD depends on service centers, many got in 3-4 months others got in 4-5 months time, every case is different and no stranded time to get EAD.
My attroney told me it'll take around 7 months (4 for fed and 3 for state) for the labor.
----- No attorney can give you guarantee as he/she is not working for SESA or DOL Don’t know where your employer Head office is where you are going to file if regular or RIR, every case is different
But few friends (applied in Nov 01) said they took over 1 year.
---- They are correct; many are waiting for more than 2 years
Have the times gotten faster?
The LC movement was very less in DOL or SESA recently they have moved in few states, don’t know about the future.

you can visit DOL site and note the SESA and DOL processing dates

I also sent several emails to Automated email response to lcstatus05@doleta.gov, with my employer phone number in the email body, on Friday and today also, haven't got any response.

Is automated email response system down? Should I put anything in the subject of the email or just leave it blank?

IL SESA no

I think it is - 312-793-6807
SDD

Originally posted by Want_GC2002
Hi SDD,

thanks for ur reply,so what's the phone no. for sesa?

mine is 5/21/2003 ,I think and EB3/RIR from IL..

ph no at SESA

I want to know whether that Ph no u mentioned is AVM or not. I want to know my status at SESA ,IL. My priority date is 03/03/2003.

How to Link SESA File No with Automated Information

When contacted on the Phone No given above (Labor Dept.), based on the Employer's Phone No, it lists all the cases filed by my employer since Last one year.
How to corelate the information given by this automated message with individual SESA case No?

My Priority date is 02/21/2003.

Thanks!

Srinivas Konduri, Sanvibha

IL SESA does not have an automated voice system. It is also not recommended to call IL SESA and check for your State Labor status. If you feel it has taken too long - pl ask your attorney to check.

The only other way to find out approval of your state labor approval is:

- Call Chicago DOL AVM system 1-312-353-1059, and enter '1' for permanent applications and next menu press '2' if you don't know the case number -> enter your company 10 digit phone number (which was enter in labor application on form 750A)

- List down all the applications you hear along with DOT codes

- Find out DOT codes classification on
http://online.onetcenter.org/
Select "find occupations" and enter the dot codes w/o dots (!) or dashes.

- Co-relate your job profile with the DOT code

- If there are multiple applications with your DOT code, it may not be possible to find out.

Lastly - Wait for a while. DoL will send out your case no information in about a month. Its taking about 3 months for approval in Chicago; imagine the plight of guys from other regions where its taking them 1 year!

SDD

Tks for your response , Ginnu

I saw in the above threads and the tracker.xls that the avg. time for an RIR case is 150 days (i.e. just over 4 months).

I certainly know that CA takes approx 1.5-2 yrs for labor (I took 1.8 yrs, while co-workers filed on same day, got RFEs).

Well, anyway, I think I am going to take an offer I have of getting a labor transfer and going staright for 140/485 from CA, rather than starting with labor from Chicago.

Best of luck to everyone.

Regards
Sumedh
snene@hotmail.com

Status
Not open for further replies.