Chicago Regional DOL Tracker - Old (Archived on 09/22/2004)

Status
Not open for further replies.
charlesmighty

Yeah, my labor is non-RIR. But I do not have any priority date that i can boast of. my labor was filed in Kansas in August 2001 and it has been sitting there gathering dust since then. i have tried many times to get my employer to move it to RIR but they keep saying that they will apply in PERM when it comes through. i do not want to change jobs since i am in a very good position and the client likes me very much and i will be here as long as i have a valid work status. with PERM expected sometime this year and the new queue for concurrent 140/485, things are looking better.

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by rupajana
atlast good news..after more than 1 yr

SESA rcpt date - 12th mar 2003
DOL rcpt date - 27th may 2003
remand to emp - 20th jan 2004
receipt of remand - march 20th 2004
NIF issued on remand - march 25th 2004
NOF received by DOL - april 5th 2004
CERTIFIED - april 27th 2004

so looks like they really are looking for detail documents
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rupajana,

Could you please tell me what is NIF? My case was remanded to employer and has been sent back to Chicago DOL after additional recruitment. It's been almost a month with no further decision.
Thanks,
ak.

Couple of weeks back I came across one post on this thread which states that Chicago DOL has applied new rules while adjudicating LC( I think it was some one wrote some letter to DOL or something…). Does any one have copy of that text ?

Can you please send me that text please?

My case is still at state level. State DOL requested for some more documents from my employer before sending it to Chicago because of last year layoffs in my company. I just want my lawyer to be aware of the changes at Regional level and add all the required documents now in order to avoid REF / remand from Chicago.

Number of Remands/ Rejects/ REF happening now at Chicago , Do you guys thing they are unusual ? or more frequent ?

Hey Lapen,

Well I just found out that Dol is selecting certain types of Non-rir cases with no spl requirement at random and using it to work out and debug the Perm program. They call this thing Limited Review applications. I guess a lot of ppl with priority dates after aug 2002 were radomly selected and these lucky ppl got through, unfortunately me and you seems like were not part of these lucky crew that was selected.

BTW, I don't know why DOL has changed their views of 18 months hold but I can tell you that is exactly what they told me couple of months back. It seems like they do not give much importance to NON-RIR cases. My priority date is aug 1st,2002. I got screwed by a day if I had a priority date of july 31st,2002 I would have been done by now.

Well lets just wait and see what happens. Can tell you one thing that these affairs with DOL is not pleasant at all can be real frustrating.

Originally posted by Lapen2003
Hi charlesmighty,

Yes My friend. mine is NON-RIR with DOL received date 12/31/2002.

I was wrong about that October thing. Actually the lady was talking about RIR.

About NON-RIR whenever I call, they say that the hold of 18 months is not true. Just don't know who is saying what and what is going on......

Re: charlesmighty

Hey Frostrated,

Well I think you have a very good chance of qualifying under RIR, try and convince your employers to apply worst comes to worst they will reject the rir and then it will be remanded back to sate as NON-RIR you really have nothing to loose.

You should have considered the law that permitted NON-RIR to convert to RIR that came out I think in 2002.

anyways GoodLuck.

Originally posted by frostrated
Yeah, my labor is non-RIR. But I do not have any priority date that i can boast of. my labor was filed in Kansas in August 2001 and it has been sitting there gathering dust since then. i have tried many times to get my employer to move it to RIR but they keep saying that they will apply in PERM when it comes through. i do not want to change jobs since i am in a very good position and the client likes me very much and i will be here as long as i have a valid work status. with PERM expected sometime this year and the new queue for concurrent 140/485, things are looking better.

congrats

sreddy227

Well congratulations, you are really luck to have a priority date of after aug 2002 and yet being certified. I guess your case went through the limited review application.

Anyways let us know when you get your hard copy.

Good luck for I-140 and I-485, do you plan to file concurently?

Re: congrats

Thank you Charlesmighty, I am not sure if it went through the limited review process it might have, otherwise there is no way it would have been certified so soon, as you said I just lucked out I guess. I will keep you informed when I receive the hard copy. I am planning to file concurrently.

regards,
Sreddy

Originally posted by charlesmighty
sreddy227

Well congratulations, you are really luck to have a priority date of after aug 2002 and yet being certified. I guess your case went through the limited review application.

Anyways let us know when you get your hard copy.

Good luck for I-140 and I-485, do you plan to file concurently?

Hi Guys,

What is the best way of checking the status of one's case

I don't have a case no

The process I usually follow is

call 1-312-353-1059
Press 1 for Permanent Appl
Press 2 for Employee Phone no

Am i following the right process, is there a better way

Thanks in Advance

Hi Bsnf ,

yes this is the quickest way to know the status for the case. Also when you check this they tell you your case #, DOT Code, and R_Ro DOL. So you can find your case easily.usually they update in 2-3 days.

Hope this helps

Couple of weeks back I came across one post on this thread which states that Chicago DOL has applied new rules while adjudicating LC( I think it was some one wrote some letter to DOL or something…). Does any one have copy of that text ?

Can you please send me that text please?

My case is still at state level. State DOL requested for some more documents from my employer before sending it to Chicago because of last year layoffs in my company. I just want my lawyer to be aware of the changes at Regional level and add all the required documents now in order to avoid REF / remand from Chicago.

Number of Remands/ Rejects/ REF happening now at Chicago , Do you guys thing they are unusual ? or more frequent ?

Yes
That letter is written by some guy called Roy or Ray , some name.

I do not know what he got out of it.
But anyway people get result in some way or other , for suffering others.

Thanks
Kota

need expert advise:

I got the problem with my labor Chicago send back to Iowa and from them they asked us to go for one sunday Adv.
We did that and replied to them two months back.
Last month my lawyer contacted Iowa they said they forwarded to Chicago office.Now almost more than sixty days.
I am working for Direct client with good finacial background.

My case is filled RIR at Iowa on July 19th 2003
My case went to Chicago on Sept 2nd 2003
November 1st week they reman to state 2003
Dec 5th my lawyesr got letter saying that retest one sunday
Replied Feb 1st 2004 after all the process.

I am completing 6th year h1B period by Sept 2004.

When we can expect to clear?
what are the other options for me?
Any precautions I need to take care?
I am planning to apply for 7th year extension on July.

Ranna why are you waiting till July for appling the 7th year extension - you can apply for the ext right away (6 months in advance).

Because My labor was appiled in July2003 so after that only I am completing one year peroid.
I answered you question?

Are you sure you have to wait till July to apply for the 7th year extension.

I am in a similar position and my lawyer did not say anything about waiting till I complete the 1 year before applying.
Infact my lawyer is preparing the documents for the 7th year extension and should put in the application in the next week or so.

Applied for labour in Aug 2003
Visa 6 years expire in Oct 2004

Status
Not open for further replies.