Chicago Regional DOL Tracker - Old (Archived on 09/22/2004)

Status
Not open for further replies.
ASHKAR/manisudan,
Thanks for your nice gestures.

ASHKAR,
Thanks for your help & support for this thread followeres. You are really contributing a lot with your prompt updates and responses to this thread followers.

I wish you and rest of this thread participants and followers all the best and good luck..

See u guys very soon in I-140/I-485 NSC thread very soon.

Best regards,
kvrp.

Originally posted by ASHKAR
Kvrp,

Congrats!!!!. It's really good news.

Good luck for I-140 and I-485.

Thanks for your support for this thread.

11/21/2003: DOL Released RIR Backlog Reduction Guidelines

11/21/2003: DOL Released RIR Backlog Reduction Guidelines
· On November 20, 2003, the Chief of Foreign Labor Certificdation Division of the DOL, William Carpenter, released a memorandum to set forth guidelines for the Regional Certifying Officers for processing of RIR applications. We will outline the new guidelines.
· Regional Certifying Officers review the RIR applications on two broad criteria: (1) One is whether the application is "complete" in documentation and procedure, and whether it complied with the applicable regulations such as absence of unduly restrictive requirement and adequate action taken at the state level for the employer who engaged in layoffs following the Zigler Memo. (2) The second standard is whether the employer engaged in a pattern of recruitment and adequate test of the labor market before they submitted the RIR application. The Memorandum require the Regional Certifying Officers to take a step-by-step action following guidelines below:
o First, the Regional Certifying Officer must review the RIR applications using the standard (1). If their review of the RIR shows that the applications failed in this criteria, they should issue a Notice of Finding (NOF). If the employer fails to sufficiently rebut the findings, then application is denied and "dead." If their review indicates that the applications met this criteria, depending on the level of positions, the Certifying Officer should either approve the application without further review or conduct the next level of review. Under this rule, if the job requires a Bachelor's degree plus 3 or more years of experience or a Master's degree plus 6 or more months of experience, the Certifying Officer is mandated to approve the application.
o However, for the jobs which are lower to these jobs, the Certifying Officer should conduct the next level of review. The next level of review standard (2) is whether or not the employer tested the labor market adequately. If the record reflects that the employer conducted adequate market test, the Certifying Officer should approve the application.
o The only cases which require a further action are those that failed to take adequate labor market test (failed in (2) test) and the job requires less than Bachelor's degree plus 3 years of experience or Master's degree plus 6 months of work experience. In these cases, the Certifying Officer must give the following options to the employers:
§ Completely withdraw the labor certification application; or
§ Just withdraw RIR nature of the application and continue the case as a regular application. This case should be remanded to the state agency for the supervised recruitment process. When the case is remanded, the case will be put back into the queue on the basis of the priority date; or
§ Conduct a "one-day retest" of the labor market and file another recruitment result report. In this case, the Certifying Officer can require the employer to submit a copy of all the resumes which the employer had received in response to the retest. If the employer engaged in recruitment during the last six months, instead of the retest, the employer can submit this recruitment result report. Again in this case, the Certifying Officer can require the employer to submit a copy of all the resumes which the employer had received during the six-month recruitment period.
o When the Certifying Officer requires the employer to conduct the retest of the labor market, they should allow the employer to change job descriptions or qualification requirement inasmuch as the changes do not result in change in occupational classification.
· The Memorandum will force certain Regional Certifying Officers to stop remanding RIR cases arbitrarily. It is expected that the RIR process will resume to "normalcy" in certain Regions that have stirred controversy. Salute to Mr. William Carpenter!

Re: EB3

My lawyer filed my case on EB3 category i.e. a Bachelors + 2 years of experience. Looking at the above memo, it seems that if the case has a Bachelors and 3 years of experience and it passes step 1, then it does not need to even go through step 2 which is the test of the labor market.

I am a little bit confused - what does EB3 category mean, a Bachelors and 2 years or a Bachelors and 3 years?

Please advise.

Thank you,

Hello people,

My HR dept just called to tell me that they received a letter on Saturday from Wisconsin SESA, stating that my case was approved at the SESA level and sent to Chicago DOL.
Any idea how long will it take for Chicago DOL to enter the case.

It is RIR
Requires Masters + 2yrs experience.
Company conducted the recruitment drive (2 ads in local papers, each ran for a week, followed by internal posting, also postings on company web site advertising the job)

Note this is my second filling.
I already have a labor filled through the CA SESA that was remanded by CA DOL.

Finally updated on AVM

Hi ALL,

My case has been finally updated on AVM

SESA to DOL : 09/29/2003
DOL RD : 10/02/2003
Updated on AVM : 11/24/2003
DOT code : 076.121.010
case no : 054277**

Awaiting further for certification,hope its soon ..
RaviKC,
Did you hear anything yet ?

DOL Update on RIR Processing

Hello Board

Today i called up @ 2.00PM(PST) to 312 596 5400.

Got Update as

Processing SEP 30 2003

Good Luck Folks :cool:

Re: Finally updated on AVM

Hi,
Didnt get any update so far.
Sesa to DOL 10/3/2003
Still waiting.

Originally posted by manisudan
Hi ALL,

My case has been finally updated on AVM

SESA to DOL : 09/29/2003
DOL RD : 10/02/2003
DOT code : 076.121.010
case no : 054277**

Awaiting further for certification,hope its soon ..
RaviKC,
Did you hear anything yet ?

my LC date

I just learned my LC is certified on Nov. 20th EB3 RIR

Here is my time line:

1. submitted to Kansas state agent on Apr23rd
2. Certified at state level and forward to Chicago on June 23rd
3. learned a NOF will be issued for my case on Sep. 1st
4. received the NOF on Nov 6th
5. reply sent on Nov 17th.
6. certified on Nov 20th.

Thank you guys for the help, see you in I-140/485 forum :)

Congrats!!!!!!!! Lobowang.
You waited for a while and finally you got the good news.

Good luck for I140 and I485.

Could you please write why DOL sent the NOF to your case? it will help to others if they receive NOF.

non-RIR LR certified !!!

Just learnt from AVM that my non-RIR case has been certified, here are the details :

SESA received : 1/12/2002
SESA approved : 4/15/2003
DOL received : 06/18/2003
DOL certified : 11/24/2003
DOT code : 030.062-010
case no : 054242**

Last week when I called 312 596 5400 I learnt that mine was a Limited Review instead of regular non-RIR and had been assigned to an analyst on 06/27/2003 (just 9 days after DOL receipt) and today mine is certified (learnt after calling 312-353-1059) !!!

Good luck all RIR and especially non-RIR folks, just hope yours is LR too :)

See yall in i485 thread !

labordude, do you have any news.

Hi, Labordude,

Do you have any news for your Labor. Mine (NON-RIR) is sent to Chicago in Aug, 2003. I learned from one of your post that yours is July, 2003.

Yuren

NOF

My NOF is for prevailing wage. We need to do a re-posting internally for 10 business days with the new wage requirement before re-submit the case to Chicago.

Based on Reviews on the Form i can Say its taking around 8 - 12 Weeks as of now if it goes at the current pace.

Originally posted by Ray S.
On an average how many weeks is it taking for Illinois cases
to be processed at Chicago DOL once transferred from IL SESA?

DOL AVM update

Hello My case was also refleted on AVM after a longtime.

IL SESA 07/01/03
SESA -> DOL 10/01/03
DOL RD 10/06/2003
Certifed Date ???????????

Today only i verified mine on AVM

DOT code: 030-062-010

Hopefully mine will be certified soon!!

Ravikc:
Both of us looks like from same dates?
Please post whenever u recieve any update?

Thanks
Texmex

smartsunny - category

Smartsunny, i do have masters, but am not sure what category, will find out and let you know. good luck !

Hi ASHKAR

Any info about u r case??? Mine is also not assigned to any one so far. But there are few cases from Oct also certified.

DOL date: 2nd Sept
Cat : EBR/RIR

Status
Not open for further replies.