Chicago Local Transfer Interviews

Welldone,
I have letter from local office to appear for EAD. Mine and my wifes are different dates. I'm planning to go with my wife tomorrow(mine is on monday). Can you give me some idea or hints what to tell them if they question me having different appointment date and not let me in.
Thanks

Thank you,Welldone!

Thank you so much for information.

Can you tell me the Address where you have been to get the EAD. Since there are two or more BCIS office address in chicago i am confusing to which address i have to go.

And also what is best time to go. I mean if we reach at 7AM will it be OK. OR Do we need to go early than this?

Can they extend my EAD if i go two weeks a head of my expiry date?

Thanks

You have to go to 10 Jackson Blvd., Chicago

Better to around 6:45 to 7:00. There should not be many people in line. Since you do not have an appointment you have to stand in a line. Ask the person that you do not have a appointment but your EAD is gone expire in few week. They will ask you to produce the document to support that you have applied 90 days in advance.

That document I got from US postal, since I sent a Cashier Check (It take almost one month).

He will issue a yellow paper and fill it up and put in walk-in try.

You should get if you have all relevant paper

Do mention that you would be terminated from job.

Welldone,

Good luck on your upcoming interview.

Can you share with if you had to go for fingerprinting again, after your case was transferred to local office, and if so, when ? I am interested in knowing how long after the FP, the interview comes around.

My case's date are very similar to yours:
RD: 09/2001
Trnfx: 08/2003
FP #2: 10/2003
Interview Date: Nothing as yet !

Regards,
Salman

EAD and Local Transfer

Gurus and fellow waiters...

This is my first post in this forum, so please be kind...

12/10/2001 --- I-485 ND
02/2002 --- 1st FP
06/2003 --- 2nd FP
08/22/2003 --- case got transferred to local office (Chicago)

10/08/2003 --- Applied for EAD renewal to Nebraska Service Center (didn't know that I was supposed to apply to local office)

01/06/2004 --- date of current EAD's expiry :)-(

Was told that NSC will transfer the EAD renewal application to Chicago. As of today (12/8/2003), haven't received appointment letter or any other notification. Online status check for EAD renewal says "It is taking 90-120 days to complete..." (no mention of case transferred to local office)

My question is - since my current EAD would have expired before the end of the 90 day period (by a couple of days), what kind of a problem / impact should I expect ? I am currently employed via EAD only. (H1 Visa has expired).

Can I go directly to the local office a few weeks before the current EAD's expiry, even though it has not been 90 days since the renewal was filed ?

If not, am I "out of status" during the period of 01/06/2004 to 01/09/2004 ?

Thanks in anticipation,
lastmohican

Thanks a lot,Welldone!

Hi Welldone,
Thanks a lot for all of your valuable information.

I do have all relevant documents. I am heading to Chicago USCIS on 22nd. (If possible on 15th)

Y'day i did check with USCIS customer service about my EAD. They suggested to go to chicago office and get it done. They said Local offices can issue EAD extension if EAD expires with in a month and also they requires some kind of proof whether we already applied for the extension which is at that local office.

Siddisa,
I did my 2nd fingerprints on 08/16/03
I am still waiting for the interview.

My Date(S) are:
RD: 11/27/2001
ND: 12/04/2001
1stFP: 01/31/2002
TD:04/23/2003
2nd FP:08/16/2003
Interview Notice: ????

Last Mohican,
I am not sure about your EAD. MY sincere advice is call to USCIS Customer Service and find out.

Thanks

immiIL,

Thanx for the response.

I spoke to USCIS Customer Service and they recommended exactly what you have already posted. Goto Chicago local office as long as there is less than a month remaining in the current EAD's validity and take proof of application for EAD renewal.

1. I noted that you were planning to go on a Monday(15th or 22nd). Does the day of the week matter ?

2. What are the documents that I should be taking along ? Obviously my receipt notice and my current EAD. Anything else ?

3. I assume it is the "10 Jackson" office that I have to goto. Is this correct ?

Thanks a bunch again,
lastmohican

lastmohican,

1. Day of the week doesn't matter? You can visit any day between monday - thursday?

2. Other than Receipt notice and current EAD,
You can also take 485 Receipt notice and any old EAD's.

3. Yes, 10 west Jackson Blvd. Chicago 60604

As per Welldone prev.posted suggestion, it is better to be there at 6:45

Thanks

Reply for Salman

Thanks for you wishes.

I had my fingerprint in June and got transfered in July.

I am a AC21 case and switched many jobs in same profile.

The reason, I beleive I got my interview letter was I sent a letter informing my change of job. I got a letter saying that I will get some response before 3 months are over and I actually got it.

I hope you all folks get the good news soon.

:)

immiIL - EAD Extension

immiIL,

Did u receive your EAD extension ? The reason I'm asking is that I'm also (almost) in the same boat as you. Am also planning to go by 22nd Dec, since my EAD expires in 1st week of Jan 04.

Were there any problems ?

How early did u have to reach there ?

Thanks,
lastmohican

Has anybody received any interview call for I485 in this new year 2004?

RD: Jan 2002
ND: Feb 2002
TD: Dec 2002 to Chicago local office.

Thanks
ssp_aks

Any one get Interview!

Hi ALL,

Did any one receive interview letter from Chicago BCIS.

I am still waiting. Hopefully they will send it soon.

RD:11/27/2001
ND:12/04/2001
Interview: ....?????????????????????

thanks
ImmiIL

Yes, finally my wife received the interview notice.

RD: Jan 2002
ND: Feb 2002
TD: Dec 2002 to Chicago local office.
Interview: Feb 12, 2004

I will update you after the interview.

regards
ssp_aks

Interview Letter for wife not received

ssp_aks,

Reg. your wife's interview call, did you receive a separate letter for _your_ interview ? If not, will you be receiving one separately ?

Reason I'm asking is that, I received my interview call for Feb 4th., but my wife hasn't received any letter yet. (I'm primary applicant, wife is dependent).

To All: If my wife doesn't get a separate letter, can/should she also accompany me to the interview ?

Thanks in advance,
lastmohican

lastmohican

My I485 has already been approved almost a year ago. My wife's case was transferred to Chicago local office at the same time.
I am a Primary applicant.

Your wife can accompany you at the interview. May be you can inquire about your wife's interview appointment when you go there.

regards
ssp_aks

reg.interview notice!

Hi

I didn't get the interview letter sofar.

Last Mohican and SSP_AKS

Do you have any suggestions for me?

thanks
IMMIIL

RD:11/27/2001
ND:12/04/2001
INTERVIEW:?????????

Last edited by a moderator:
Interview Letter!

Hi LastMohican

Can you tell me when did you receive your Interview Letter? and please update your interview experience once it is done.

I guess you can go along with Wife on your date of interview, and request officer to do Wife's interview also. Most of the time if the officer finds her file then they will do her interview immediatley.

thanks
IMMIIL

immiIL,

I received it on Jan 19th 2004. Did you talk to your lawyer ? In my case, the lawyer received it first.

I went for my EAD extension on Dec 24, 2003 and after that I did a status check for my 485. Based on previous posts, I'm assuming that maybe that's what triggered this interview.

Hang in there ! I think you should be receiving it any moment (considering that ssp_aks's wife got for a Jan 2002 RD)

lastmohican

about local transfer

Hi guys,

I was wondering what would be the common reasons for a local
transfer. I recently added my wife to my 485 after pending
for 16 months with Nebraska, I have stayed with the same
company ever since my GC process started. Would adding
dependant trigger the local transfer? I noticed that a lot of
you found out about the transfer of your cases not too long after
your I485 Rd, Mine is 10/2002 and 15 months has gone by.
I have not had any update even though I had 1st FP in 11/2002.
Online update has stayed the same since day 1. Can I assume
that my case probably won't be transfered instead maybe they will approve my case first and they transfer my wife's case to the local? Please share. Thanks.