Chicago Local Transfer Interviews

punjabiguy said:
Hey Guys

We received our Welcome Letters yesterday.

Thanks to everybody in this forum.

Regards
Hi,

You received the welcome letter just for the primary applicant or for both of you and your wife? Because I got the welcome letter just for myself(I am the primary), but no letter for my husband. Thanks.

Employement letter format for tranferred cases

To whom do we need to address the employment letter requested for the interview

Is it to the Vermont Service Centre or to the local INS office.

Windseeker, PubjabiGuy or anyone who has attended the interview, please tell me about this. If possible send me the letter format.

Thanks in advance

immi0203 said:
To whom do we need to address the employment letter requested for the interview

Is it to the Vermont Service Centre or to the local INS office.

Windseeker, PubjabiGuy or anyone who has attended the interview, please tell me about this. If possible send me the letter format.

Thanks in advance
This is the format our attorney gave my husband. My Husband had changed the job after the transfer. Hope this helps

TO BE PREPARED ON COMPANY STATIONERY

DATE

Chicago District Office
10 West Jackson Boulevard
Chicago, IL 60604

Re: Application for Permanent Residence

Dear Sir or Madam:

Since [DATE], [NAME OF THE COMPANY] has employed and presently intends to continue to employ [YOUR NAME] as a [DESIGNATION] with the following responsibilities: [JOB RESPONSIBILITIES].

[YOUR NAME]receives an annual salary of $ ________.

[YOUR NAME] is highly qualified for this position as a result of his education and extensive experience in a similar role while employed by [NAME OF THE PREVIOUS COMPANY].

Sincerely yours,

(name)
(title)

Boxerbai, could you please read your private message

Is there a letter format to give to congressman for name check .
Is there a fax no to chicago local office.
Anyhelp from anyone is greatly appreciated. Thanks. in advance.

immi0203 - I replied to ur private message. Let me know if u still have any questions ? Also how was ur interview ?

Thanks,

Evidence for wife

I am asked to send evidence of marriage to INS. Anyone knows if I can send it directly to INS? The letter was sent to my lawyer. Thanks.

Interview last week

Friends, my turn came for an interview which we attended last week. It went smooth, or I should say smoother that expected. Total of 1.5 hours, during which they made couple of checks, but other than that, all the usual questions.

We're all aware of the EB3 visa unavailability, and that was actually the first thing the IO said. Yesterday, we received a letter which I am not sure how to read. I know in general I have to wait until Oct 1 for the new fiscal year to start, but after that I don't know what to expect. This is a text from the letter:

"An immigrant visa is not currently available for you at this time. However, because an immigrant visa was initially available to you at the time of your filing of the I-485 Application, said Application will be held in a term of abeyance until such time as the visa is established as currently available for Third Preference employment-based classifications."

Any input will be appreciated.

npnjan02 did you contacted senator - your RD and TD is old or just waited out?
I'm still waiting for my turn RD 05/31/02 TD 04/02/04 Did 2nd fingerprints in may/05

williget said:
I'm still waiting for my turn RD 05/31/02 TD 04/02/04 Did 2nd fingerprints in may/05

I contacted Durbin's office 3-4 times total, they couldn't give me much info nor help. Basically waited and waited frustrated, and still it is not over.

williget said:

I have contacted Sen.Durbin office. I got 2nd FP notice from USCIS and same info from Senator office as well. This is very frustrating to see the FP notice while expecting interview call.

Williget, I saw you also got 2FP notice, did it happen when you contact the senator office. This look like a tactic used by INS when they contacted by congressmen

june2002rd - yes, I did contacted Sen. Durbin's office. Couple days after they made inquiry, I received FP notice.
Well, at least some movement

Tranfer from Chicago local office to another local office

My case:
My labor was applied in March 2003 (EB3) and I-140&I1-485 were received by USCIS on 10/09/2003. I-140 approved in 12/2004 and I-485 transferred in 12/2004. Interview date: 07/20/05, interview rescheduled on June 27, 2005, Interview was smooth but application did not get approved due to unavailability of visas in EB3 category for India.
My current status is H1-B

My question to gurus and anyone who can help:

I am expecting a very good job offer in New York within next month. I have EAD valid until Feb 28, 2006 which I'll be using to join my new job. If I move, what will I need to do. Following are my guesses:

1) AR-11 for address change

2) Send address change and new employment letter to Chicago local Office. Which address should I send this letter to. Is there any specific form.

3) What process should I follow to get the file transferred to New York local office. If I need to call, what is the phone number. If I have to send in written, what address and what department withing Chicago Local office.
How much time it takes for the file to get transferred. Do I need to inform New York local office also. How do I get confirmation that the file transfer has been accomplished.

4) Anything else that I should do and/or be careful about.

Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank You.

Just got transferred to Chicago

Folks,

My 140 (EB1-OR) was approved 08/08/05 and on 08/09/05, NSC transfered my 485 to Chicago. I am new to the X-fer scene. So please bear with my newbie questions. My 485 ND is 05/13/04

1) Chicago shows they are processing cases filed before Sept 15, 2004. Is this the 485 ND or 485 TD. From what I have read on the forums, it seems like there is no clear verdict on this issue.

2) How long before I hear something from Chicago and how long before they schedule my interview?

3) Anyone got any interviews scheduled lately? What was your wait time since X-fer.

I hope to be a regular on this thread from here on and will keep everyone posted.

I got my interview 3 months after it was transfered to chicago office, that september 2004 is supposed to be the date when I-485 was intially filed at Nebraska.

Got Interview Date

Case Transferred to Chicago - 08/09/2005
Interview Notification - 09/30/2005
Interview Date - 12/14/2005