Chicago Local Transfer Interviews

Lawyer!

Hi LastMohican

I did talk to my lawyer after that. She said she didn't get any thing.
She also heard from Chicago INS they are opening DEC01 ,jan'02 files.

She said, She is going to send the 485 Status check forms on our files to INS tomorrow?

Hopefully i will also get the interview...

Thanks
IMMIIL

immiIL

Just wait for few days. Your interview notice might be in a mail.
Also if possible, enquire about your case at the Chicago local office. From some of the posts earlier, it seems that personal inquiry at the local office does help. All the best to you.

Lewen

I don't know what RD INS Nebraska is processing now. Please check that out. Your case will be worked on according to your RD date. INS might approve your I485 or then decide to transfer to the nearest local office. This is the bad part. Because you have already waited in INS Nebraska's queue. Any now you have to wait at the local office queue.

In our case, My RD was Aug 2001 and wife's RD was Jan 2002.
So when my RD was due for processing, INS approved my I485 and at the same time transferred my wife's case to the local office.
That was around Nov/Dec 2002.

I wish you all the best in your case.

regards
ssp_aks

interview!

Hi ssp_aks and LastMohican

Thanks for your advices.

I did do the in-person status check on Dec'16.
Again my lawyer is going to send one more status check today.
Hopefully, something works out.

Thanks
ImmiIL

RD:11/27/2001
ND:12/04/2001
TD:04/23/2003

Is Lawyer advisable in Interview ?

Gurus,

I'm not sure whether this topic has been addressed before, hence the new post. In a nutshell, my case is slightly complicated.

RD - 12/2001
Chicago Transfer - 08/2003
Interview - 02/2004

I work for Company A, but Company B applied for my Labour and I-140. (This can be done on the basis of future employment i.e. I'll join Company B after getting GC; and the intention was truthful in both sides). After these got approved, my I-485 was applied by Company B in Dec 2001.

Now, Company B is in bad shape and cannot pay the salary stated in the labor petition. So far I have never worked for Company B.

Company A still intends to continue with me and I have a letter stating the same and their salary matches what's stated in the petition. I'll produce the letter during the interview and see whether I can 'invoke' AC21 provision since 6 months have already passed after 485 application.

Under this situation, is it advisable to have an attorney present during the interview ? To explain this complication better or is it advisable to go at it alone ?

In general, is the presence of an attorney advisable during the interview ? I remember reading that they are not allowed to speak during the interview. Is this true ? Can they clarify issues like the above ?

Any comments welcome !

Thanks
lastmohican

Last edited by a moderator:
Interview!

So far I didn't receive any interview letter.
I am planning to go inperson again to find out the status.

And also I got an appointment for Advance parole in Dec 29th. But some how i was unable to make it. But i did reply to appointment that i am unable to attend at that time. So I did n't get it rescheduled so far.

I hope I would at least get that Advance Parole.

Last Mohican,

I think it is good to have a Lawyer.

thanks
IMMIIL

485 Approved!

I have benefited a lot from this Forum. Thank everyone.

RD:11/07/2001
ND:12/03/2001
TD:07/08/2003
Interview: 02/04/2004

My wife was primary applicant, we both get stamped. The interview was not very smooth due to that my wife had some time gap btw 2 I-20 for schools.

Good luck!

I-485 approved !

RD: 12/08/2001
Transfer Date: 08/07/2003
Interview Date: 02/04/2003

I didn't experience anything different during the interview that hasn't already been captured in previous posts.

People with glasses(specs), pls note oxygenman's tip about having photos without the glasses. I read that before, but stupidly forgot. So I had to run down and get the photos, from a shop on Jackson.

I was concerned whether I wd need a lawyer to explain AC21 etc. since my case was a bit complicated. However, I didn't take one and the officer didn't ask me any questions in that regard. My employment letter contained the job description and the job title as my labor certification. That should have helped, I guess.

My wife's interview date was different (02/18), but the officer was kind enough to pull her file and approve both of ours' simultaneously.

I was asked my employer letter, my current designation, W2, tax returns (copies) for the last 3 years, how did I enter the country last (visa status). Then came the usual bunch of questions about communist party, terrorist etc.

This thread in particular is a treasure trove of information. I feel that all the info that one needs is available.

As 'dfagen19' said before, the key is patience.

Good Luck to all !

lastmohican

immiIL,
If you haven't received your interview letter yet, why don't you try writing to your congressman ?

My case approved in Chicago office today

I silently watch over this forum for a long time with only a few posting.

Here is my information

I-485 RD 05/2001
TD 04/2002
2-FP 07/2003
AD 02/09/2004

My wife's case is transferred back to NSC somehow, so chicago INS can't schedule interview for her.

Does anyone know

(1) Will on-line status check message change after I-485 is approved in local office or it will still show " you case being transferred to chicago office"?

(2) How do we request my wife's case transfer back to Chicago for interview? the on-line status check message never change after the transfer.

:(

whom to complaint to ..????

Here is a very pitiful situation .. of one of my buddies ..
His father was supposed to come to USA last month , every thing worked out well , till his father board the flight and reached the port of entry .
At the port of entry , the officers discovered that the page of his VISa Stamp was not there .
My friend's father was ill-treated , interrogated , misbehaved with , and immediately deported back to India .
He visited USA couple of times in the past , and has a 10 yr M .Entry Visa .

HIS VISA PAGE WAS STOLEN IN INDIAN INT'L AIRPORT (Chennai) .
HOW PAINFULL AND SHABBY IT IS .....!!!

Now my buddy is so broken and dishearten .. and does not want to even share this with any one .
But I am stepping up for him , to know what needs to be done ? Whom to approach for the injustice done to that respectable senior citizen of INDIA ....

Any help or guidance is GREATELY appreciated !!!!!
:mad:

Notify US consulate in INdia and also your friend should notify here to authorities(US visa office or BCIS).
Some time back there was forum posted about how people passport pages are stolen and used for fake visas.

Chicago Local Office -- Interview and Approval

First of all, I want to thank the members (especially this thread) and administrators of this forum for helping me out during this very,very long GC process.

Secondly, Wanted to update everyone on my experience. Had interview today. Went very smooth. INS officer was very courteous. EB-2 case. Wait was minimal...maybe 45 mins in total. Interview lasted 30 minutes. Having a lawyer accompany is a great idea.

Details of case:
RD - 09/01
Trnfx - 08/03
Interview -- 2/18/04
AD -- 2/18/04

Hang in there for those who are still waiting. Good luck to all.

-siddisa

My and my wife case approved yesterday in chicago.
It was long wait(3 hrs cannot find file).
Once went for interview it went smooth. about half hour. officer wanted new photos for my wife so she went down and got photos. We hand over to officer and in 5 minutes he brought our passports back and all done.

Mainly in interview he looked for w-2's, employment letter, tax return.

This forum was great help.

ND: 9-01
TD: 2-03
AD:2-04

I am just so curious, are you guys' cases all approved? Why for so long there is no post at all in this thread? Would you please share your interview experience recently? Thanks

RD -03/12/2002
ND - 04/01/2002
AP-NEVER APPLIED
3RD EAD CURRENTELY
RFE RECEIEVED FROM NSC-03/19/2004
RFE RECEIEVED BY NSC - 06/08/2004
CASE TRANSFERED TO LOCAL(CHICAGO)-07/10/2004

I was wondering that when service center transfered our file are local office send you any letter or confirmaion? But in my case i know that local office get my file and opened

i just 07/22/04 received a letter from chicago office for finger print.Strenge thing is we have done twice finger print thru nsc 05/29/2002 and 12/16/2003.
this time chicago office sent for my daughter.Her D.O.B.is 03/19/1990 :confused:

i have two question For finger print how old should be? another is when nsc sent me rfe that time they could do FP for my daughter.i had rfe for EVL,B.C. for my kids. :confused:

well,positive matter is that local office opened my file within less than 15
days.May be my RD is 03/12/2002.and they working on august-2002.

Old-timers - Please respond back, it will help us enormously and also everyone in future to follow

windseeker - Thanks for making this thread alive once again.

taruwish -

Can you please let us know if your LUD (last update date) on the CIS case status web site changed after the local transfer ? Just want to make sure that the local office has definitely touched your case.

Thanks,

boxerbhai,

i receieved a email from nsc on 07/14 or 07/15 that ur file has been transfered to chicago office for fast proces....blah...blah...and same time i check website.I think 07/14 so that was last time nsc updated website.

07/22/04 receieved a letter from chicago office about my daughter fringer print.My atorney said that my daughter turn in to 14yrs last march that's why
they asked for finger print.

now i know that after applied 485 if some one turn 14's has to have finger print.Now new rule is that if you get green card and that time you are less than 14 yrs old you do not need finger print but before you become citizen and turn 14 then you have to go ins for finger print.

Second FP for spouse was done today

Second FP for spouse was done today -

We received the FP notice letter from the Chicago local office and we had One week to get the FP done. (Tuesday through Saturday). It was a totally different looking FP notice compared to what we generally get from NSC.

So looks like Chicago local office has actually touched our case after the transfer from NSC.