Chicago IL - N-400 Timeline

Hi SMEE

I am also in the same spot, Interview on 06/24 and have tickets to India in Aug. How can I get passport and visa within 6 weeks, assuming I get OL soon after interview

Any advise ?

Thanks

Nandamuru,

you asked for postponing the interview..Right? Then why are you Worried ? or you changed your mind and did not postpone the interview!

Sri-IL

Smee

Postponing is for my wife. I am going per schedule. The question is I am planning to go to India in Aug.

Will I be able to get Passport and Indian Visa before I go to India, assuming that I will get OL quickly.

Thanks,

you should be all fine

Postponing is for my wife. I am going per schedule. The question is I am planning to go to India in Aug.

Will I be able to get Passport and Indian Visa before I go to India, assuming that I will get OL quickly.

Thanks,

you should be all fine..... Even, we are planning to do the same in AUG.

Sri-il

What is the qucikest way to get US passport? I just read that I could get Indian visa on the same day.

I have only 5 weeks between Interview and my travel date to India.

did yo guys see the see-through scanners..... how bizzare... it can see everything and even disclose your genitals and all medical tubes in your body .... according to yahoo article it hasnot arrive in O'Hare Chicago airport yet but I think it will be widespread in a matter of time.... is this what it called freedom in america....sigh....
How about if one of the worker in the Airport TSA Homeland security has a 'dirty' mind, he will enjoy your wife's body view as a light 'poxn'... awful...

Last edited by a moderator:
did yo guys see the see-through scanners..... how bizzare... it can see everything and even disclose your genitals and all medical tubes in your body .... according to yahoo article it hasnot arrive in O'Hare Chicago airport yet but I think it will be widespread in a matter of time.... is this what it called freedom in america....sigh....
How about if one of the worker in the Airport TSA Homeland security has a 'dirty' mind, he will enjoy your wife's body view as a light 'poxn'... awful...

Chitown,

This is completly offtopic here. But anyhow since you have started this, let me reason out . For our security , we can definetly align with HSA. Coming to your point of see thru cameras, there were enough discussions on them outside this forum and HSA has systems in place to take care of invidual privacy etc....Like putting a shield etc. Anyhow, when a women goes to a MAle OBGYN, dont he see her ? Comon... change man. Dont be in yesterYEARS. If these cameras are for Security of all human beings .. we should not bother for these things like see throu etc...

What is the qucikest way to get US passport? I just read that I could get Indian visa on the same day.

I have only 5 weeks between Interview and my travel date to India.

nandamuru , if u get your oath , then it takes MAX 1-2 days to get both US passport & Indian VISA if you are in place where there is US passport agency and indian consulate ( Luckily Chicago is one such place).

Here main issue for you is , request the IO to get your oath quicky.

hello chicago

anyone new updates for chi do about oath
anyone recived c do in b/w may - june period oath letter
how long waiting period after you clear exam with no objection
is infopass help i go next week ,is help for me or waste time
......... wait for reply
thanks.....

Interview today

Hello Gang,

I got my interview today and recommended to become u.s. citizen. And here is my story........

1) Scheduled appointment 8:45am; arrived at 8:10am; Called in at 9:35am; Comepleted the entire interview process in 20mins.

2) Civil Question asked - Can't remember; but I got all 6 correct

3) Officer went through the entire N400 application to make sure everything is correct with my consent; and the officer was very friendly.

4) At the end, he told me I am recommended to be come u.s. citizen; and the Oath letter would be arrived in 4 weeks.

However, I am hoping the Oath letter would be arrive in 2 weeks and having the Oath Ceremony done before July 4th. Ain't I dreaming?!?!?!?

Good News

Wait For Six Weeks And Finaly Recived Oath Letter Today,i Give You Some Trick Just Take And Appointment For Infopass And They Check For Infopass Appointment Why They Came Here They Check Your File Update My Appointment Next Week Now I Cancel It Today,i Think My Trick Is Help You Not To All But Someone.
Any Way Thanks And Enjoy Yor Weekend

Finally Received Oath Letter

We received my wife's oath letter today. Oath is scheduled for Jun. 24th. We can finally see light at the end of this dark tunnel.

Good luck to everyone.

Hats up to you pleasetellmewhy... just few steps to get to the end :)

Congratulations to both famy122 and shahhar5!! Counting down my friends :D:D:D

sri-IL, yeppp I guess you are right I am just overreacted when I see the implementation of TSA bodyscreen in the airports....

thank you again shahar5 and famy for your update after taking the oath...

anyone in Chicago DO waiting for oath or already taking oath? (i.e. shikaris, omg2, chinorth, samrat999, citizentobe and boyfrombombay)...

as for me I am still anxiously waiting for the test but I wil postpone studying (my rusty brain cannot hold info longer) not until 48hours prior ... :p

still waiting

thank you again shahar5 and famy for your update after taking the oath...

anyone in Chicago DO waiting for oath or already taking oath? (i.e. shikaris, omg2, chinorth, samrat999, citizentobe and boyfrombombay)...

as for me I am still anxiously waiting for the test but I wil postpone studying (my rusty brain cannot hold info longer) not until 48hours prior ... :p

hi Chitown,
we are still waiting for the oath notice. i have taken up infopass for next week, lets see if that helps in anyway.

thanks.
samrat

hi, i have done my fp about 2 months ago, i cant check my status online and when i called the 800 number they just tell me it's being processed. how do i know if the fbi check is clear, can i call them is that ok, would it create any suspecion, if no what's the number please
thank you

hi, i have done my fp about 2 months ago, i cant check my status online and when i called the 800 number they just tell me it's being processed. how do i know if the fbi check is clear, can i call them is that ok, would it create any suspecion, if no what's the number please
thank you

You can only call the FBI to check if your finger prints have been sent to USCIS. They will not inform you of the outcome - just that it has been processed and sent.

In addition, you will not be able to call the FBI and inquire about the name check. That department does not take calls and will not divulge that information.

Search the forum and you'll get the number to call in some of the posts.

response

i say never call FBI, just go online take an appointment for infopass after fp it takes 8weeks more than 8 go for infopass not call FBI
but upto you ask more people but my sugg no

i say never call FBI, just go online take an appointment for infopass after fp it takes 8weeks more than 8 go for infopass not call FBI
but upto you ask more people but my sugg no

famy122, congratulations on becoming a citizen. i have taken a infopass to check on my oath notice status. where was your oath ceremony? chicago or joliet? and how long is the oath ceremony process? and can you take your kids with you to the court?

thank you
samrat

response

my wife is not here but i already applied i 130 only required update after oath.
my oath date is thursday i mean this week .......