Chicago IL - N-400 Timeline

N400 process, summary of my case

Hello guys,

First I want to thank you this forum for teh GREAT help going through this process.

Summary of my case, dates
Priority date 04/12/2007
Fingerprint data 05/22/2007
Interview date 10/09/2007
Oath date 11/15/2007
Applied for expedite passport 11/15/2007
Received passport 11/19/2007

Highlights

Fingerprint experience
Nothing major, I was there for no more than 10 minutes. Staff was very polite. I got the book and the CD to study for the test when I signed in. The location was very convient, like 10 minutes from my place.

Additonal evidence
Somehow how, it seems the Nebraska screw up my name and they requested additional evidence to prove I have change my name. For the interview, I wrote a letter explaning I have never change my name and I attached a copy of my birth certificate with the corresponging translation.

Mail communication
I just had a couple of thing.
For my interview, somehow they sent the notice to a Church in North Dakota. The church reply to them clarifying they have nothing to do with my application. I actually got a call from immigration in my day time number asking for verification of my mailing address and notifying me the date of the interview. A week letter I got the notice with the letter from the church.

Interview experience
I was scheduled for mid morning. I drove there and park in the building adjacent to the immigration building, I think it was 10-13 buck for the time I was there. I arrived early and set and wait until they call up my name at about 20 minutes later from the schedule time. The officer was very friendly. I took everything indicated in one of the posting in the website, just in case. Officer made my swear and ask me for my notice letter, my drivers license and my greencard. When he brought up whether I have changed my name, I gave him additional evidence mentioned below. He just ask me how he wanted my name to be printed and I asked him to put my full name.

He asked me about 8-10 questions right from the questionarie and made me write in a piece of paper "Citizens have the right to vote".

He did asked all the questions in listed in the application and I responded no. He was probably checking if something has changes.

I was there for 15-20 minutes. He told me due to the nature of my case, he could not sign off the final approval but his supervisor will review and sign as soon as he gets to it. I told me I would probably be getting my letter in about a moth, may be less.

Very friendly staff and the system is 200% better than before.

Oath ceremony
I was there 1/2 before the schedule time. I parked about one block away and with the early special it is like $23.00. The Blue line take you right in front of the building though. I filled out the back of the form which I hand off with my greencard. It took longer for everyone to sign in than the ceremony itself. You can bring people but they are sitted based on sits availability after all the people been naturalized is sitted. After the ceremony is over I was handed registration to vote in the way out. You are allow to take pictures (except of the judge unless she/he gives you permissions). Overall, it was painless and very satisfactory. Once again, very friendly and professional staff.

Applying for expedited passport.
Right after the ceremony, I went to the post office across the street at Clark and apply for passport. I took my pictures with me but I think for $15.00 you can get it taken there. I did used a agency www.travisa.com and follow their instructions to apply for passport. After I got the package, I walk to the agency and drop it off. They took care of the rest.

Good luck to you all! It has been 15 years for me to get here. I hope this information is helpful to anyone.

Thanks,
Chicago Girl

Hello guys,

First I want to thank you this forum for teh GREAT help going through this process.

Priority date 04/12/2007
Fingerprint data 05/22/2007
Interview date 10/09/2007
Oath date 11/15/2007
Applied for expedite passport 11/15/2007
Received passport 11/19/2007

Highlights

Fingerprint experience
Nothing major, I was there for no more than 10 minutes. Staff was very polite. I got the book and the CD to study for the test when I signed in. The location was very convient, like 10 minutes from my place.

Additonal evidence
Somehow how, it seems the Nebraska screw up my name and they requested additional evidence to prove I have change my name. For the interview, I wrote a letter explaning I have never change my name and I attached a copy of my birth certificate with the corresponging translation.

Mail communication
I just had a couple of thing.
For my interview, somehow they sent the notice to a Church in North Dakota. The church reply to them clarifying they have nothing to do with my application. I actually got a call from immigration in my day time number asking for verification of my mailing address and notifying me the date of the interview. A week letter I got the notice with the letter from the church.

Interview experience
I was scheduled for mid morning. I drove there and park in the building adjacent to the immigration building, I think it was 10-13 buck for the time I was there. I arrived early and set and wait until they call up my name at about 20 minutes later from the schedule time. The officer was very friendly. I took everything indicated in one of the posting in the website, just in case. Officer made my swear and ask me for my notice letter, my drivers license and my greencard. When he brought up whether I have changed my name, I gave him additional evidence mentioned below. He just ask me how he wanted my name to be printed and I asked him to put my full name.

He asked me about 8-10 questions right from the questionarie and made me write in a piece of paper "Citizens have the right to vote".

He did asked all the questions in listed in the application and I responded no. He was probably checking if something has changes.

I was there for 15-20 minutes. He told me due to the nature of my case, he could not sign off the final approval but his supervisor will review and sign as soon as he gets to it. I told me I would probably be getting my letter in about a moth, may be less.

Very friendly staff and the system is 200% better than before.

Oath ceremony
I was there 1/2 before the schedule time. I parked about one block away and with the early special it is like $23.00. The Blue line take you right in front of the building though. I filled out the back of the form which I hand off with my greencard. It took longer for everyone to sign in than the ceremony itself. You can bring people but they are sitted based on sits availability after all the people been naturalized is sitted. After the ceremony is over I was handed registration to vote in the way out. You are allow to take pictures (except of the judge unless she/he gives you permissions). Overall, it was painless and very satisfactory. Once again, very friendly and professional staff.

Applying for expedited passport.
Right after the ceremony, I went to the post office across the street at Clark and apply for passport. I took my pictures with me but I think for $15.00 you can get it taken there. I did used a agency www.travisa.com and follow their instructions to apply for passport. After I got the package, I walk to the agency and drop it off. They took care of the rest.

Good luck to you all! It has been 15 years for me to get here. I hope this information is helpful to anyone.

Thanks,
Chicago Girl
Hello Chicago girl,

Very well organized and clear explanation. After the interview did the officer gave you a Naturalization Interview Results form? What are the marks on the form? You said that the officer didn't gave you a final approval? I think all of the applications needs to be signed by the supervisor in order to be fully approved.

Thanks for your time

Time Line

Any news on progress for the July timeframe applicants? Any one within my time frame heared any thing?

N400
7/25/07 - Priority Date (NSC-Chicago)
8/24/07 - Fingerprint notice
9/24/07 - Fingerprint appointment.. Done
Interview Notice-XXXX
Interview Date-XXXX
Oath letter received-XXX
Oath Ceremony-XXXXX

Last edited by a moderator:
time line

Any news on progress for the July timeframe applicants? Any one within my time frame heared any thing?

N400

2/4/07 - went For Infopass Pending Name Check:( Update
8/16/07 - FBI Name Check Requested
Interview Notice-XXXX
Interview Date-XXXX
Oath letter received-XXX
Oath Ceremony-XXXXX[

Did you call FBI (Name Check)? it is 304-xxx-xxxx (West virigina), which is posted in forum somewhere. I was trying to find it.....

Yes i did call the 304# and they told me they recived my finger prink and sent them back to USCIS the same day which is Sep/24/07..

N 400 process update

Nebraska center/ Chicago

Priority date 07/10/2007
Fingerprint data 08/09/2007
Interview date 02/04/2008
Oath date ???
Passport application ???
Received passport ???

Shikarishambu- Awesome news that NSC/Chicago started sending Interviews for those who applied around july 2007.

Danny_o - Sit tight, the way I see it- you're gonna be the next one, do let us know soon as you find out.

Il

boyfrombbay

Thank you so much .. I hope so to and I will keep guys in my prayer and updated.

N400

2/4/08 - went For Infopass Pending Name Check Update
8/16/07 - FBI Name Check Initiated
Interview Notice-XXXX
Interview Date-XXXX
Oath letter received-XXX
Oath Ceremony-XXXXX

Nebraska center/ Chicago

Priority date 07/10/2007
Fingerprint data 08/09/2007
Interview date 02/04/2008
Oath date ???
Passport application ???
Received passport ???

Shikarishambu: We seem to be on a similar timeline except for the interview date. Keep us posted on when you receive your oath letter.

Nebraska/Chicago
Priority Date: 07/10/2007
Fingerprint Date: 08/09/2007
Interview Date: 02/05/2008
Oath Date: ???
Passport Application: ???
Received Passport: ???

Below is my wife's timeline

08/25/07 Sent N400 via priority
11/02/07 Check cashed
01/02/08 FP Appointment
02/16/08 Received Interview Notice
04/30/08 Interview Date

Il..

Congratulations for both of you .. Does your statues on The USCIS web site disappeared after and before u got the IL?

In my wife's case, the status is still available on USCIS website and it still says that the case is received and pending. There is no mention of the interview notice sent.

Below is my wife's timeline

08/25/07 Sent N400 via priority
11/02/07 Check cashed
01/02/08 FP Appointment
02/16/08 Received Interview Notice
04/30/08 Interview Date

Hey shahhar5, looks like my interview notice date is same as yours. We both are from Chicago but your wife's interview date is 4/30 and mine is 4/17. I wonder what is the reason?